Booking for group Christmas 2025 cruise

I am a bargain shopper, so we usually book our cruises through an online agency, usually Avoya or ***** for the good price and/or extra perks.  We also usually book fairly close to the date.  However, this time we are considering a family vacation for Christmas, 2025.  I am thinking it would probably be better to go through Carnival for 2 reasons.  1 is that it will be a group booking.  There will probably 7 cabins. Just making sure that everything is right seems like it would be easier to do directly through the cruiseline.  The second reason that I could think of is if there are price discounts, I assume it would be easier to get the discount applied through Carnival than an online agency.  But I have never had experience with group travel or booking so far in advance (or getting a price adjusted either).  So I wanted to ask the expert cruisers if I am missing anything?  What are your opinions?

There's no reason that a travel agent can't do what you're asking.

In many ways working with a TA can be easier than dealing with Carnival - ask us who had good TAs when all the COVID cruises were being cancelled/rebooked/etc and the waits for Carnival via their standard 1-800 number were hours long.

Look for a TA who specializes in group cruises.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, stephensfamily5 said:

I am a bargain shopper, so we usually book our cruises through an online agency, usually Avoya or ***** for the good price and/or extra perks.  We also usually book fairly close to the date.  However, this time we are considering a family vacation for Christmas, 2025.  I am thinking it would probably be better to go through Carnival for 2 reasons.  1 is that it will be a group booking.  There will probably 7 cabins. Just making sure that everything is right seems like it would be easier to do directly through the cruiseline.  The second reason that I could think of is if there are price discounts, I assume it would be easier to get the discount applied through Carnival than an online agency.  But I have never had experience with group travel or booking so far in advance (or getting a price adjusted either).  So I wanted to ask the expert cruisers if I am missing anything?  What are your opinions?

No slight intended, but another post that emphasized why it is a great reason to use a TA or PVP.  They can significantly help you from blindly bumping into potholes and bridge abutments, their knowledge and expertise are free, foolish not to use them (and I do not mean things like big box booking tools). Here is another tip, it is almost ALWAYS a better ide to book early vs late, especially tied to holiday sailings.    Good luck

Edited by jimbo5544

41 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Please note that we are not allowed to name/mention travel agents on these boards.

Nobody did, the post was meant to suggest a direction for the op, nothing more.  

• Like 1

I would agree on suggestion of using a travel agent...an actual person you can talk with.

You can set them up as point of contact for everyone in group to provide their information and payments, travel documents, everything. I've read some painful experiences here of people trying to coordinate a big group. That takes the awkwardness and responsibility for that off of your shoulders. 

Also, I believe the discount, like one person free or something, starts at 8 cabins through Carnival Groups dept. You can deal with the groups dept yourself, but i would assume a TA would best help herd the cats and remind everyone of deadlines, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...