Can we reserve Emeril’s on Jubilee?

We hope to have dinner at Emeril’s on our upcoming carnival Jubilee cruise.  Emeril’s seems to be a counter-service type of restaurant.  I could see no way to reserve a dining time there pre-cruise.  Do we use the Hub app to get in a virtual queue for Emeril’s and they send a notification when we can go order?  Or do we just go there and stand in line?  If so, are the lines typically long?

I would be grateful to hear some experience others have had with this.  Thanks,

Tim

can't reserve a table. just show up and order at the counter. typically no line, or short line. i never had to wait more than 5min, any time of day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheLargeFamily said:

It seemed really under utilized! 

True, but now that he the lead culinary for CCL, more of his items will be added and this can do nothing but increase the popularity of his restaurant on Excel class ships.  

9 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

The Emeril's seating area on Celebration was so much better than the Mardi Gras area and the beignets are divine... 

20240301_223617.jp Fort Lauderdale and Celebration cruiseg (2).jpg

They sure are

• Like 1

I had bananas foster crepes and a muffuletta sandwich at Emeril's on MG and both were so yummy!!  Wish I would have eaten more meals there👍no wait but the hours that Emeril's is open are a bit arbitrary.  Enjoy!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Last couple of times we have been on MG there were no lines for Emerils anytime we were there. The food is some of the best on the ship and very, very close to what we would get in NOLA.  Loved everything we have ordered from there and I dont think you will be disappointed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I had bananas foster crepes and a muffuletta sandwich at Emeril's on MG and both were so yummy!!  Wish I would have eaten more meals there👍no wait but the hours that Emeril's is open are a bit arbitrary.  Enjoy!! 

Yum

• Like 2

Thanks for all the info.  I'm really looking forward to trying the food for breakfast and dinner.  In fact I may have to do breakfast there a couple of times since Bananas Foster Crepes, Shrimp and Grits, and Beignets all in one sitting may be a bit over the top.  😁

Tim

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 6:03 PM, TheLargeFamily said:

It seemed really under utilized! 

I agree. I think it is because it is out of the way and many people forget about it.  I know every night on Mardi Gras, we would head to the Fortune Teller Bar and every night, we would say we needed to try emerils before the cruise ended, and each day we forgot about it until we went to the bar again.

8 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

I agree. I think it is because it is out of the way and many people forget about it.  I know every night on Mardi Gras, we would head to the Fortune Teller Bar and every night, we would say we needed to try emerils before the cruise ended, and each day we forgot about it until we went to the bar again.

Hahaha same. We never got around to eating there. 

On 3/22/2024 at 7:17 PM, jimbo5544 said:

True, but now that he the lead culinary for CCL, more of his items will be added and this can do nothing but increase the popularity of his restaurant on Excel class ships.  

Nope. There's one Emeril appetizer and one entree on the MDR menu each.  That's not going to send people in droves to an a la carte restaurant.  The reason why it's not busier has nothing to do with the food itself but rather that there are so many other complimentary food options on the Excel class.

• Like 1

Just now, DallasGuy75219 said:

Nope. There's one Emeril appetizer and one entree on the MDR menu each.  That's not going to send people in droves to an a la carte restaurant.  The reason why it's not busier has nothing to do with the food itself but rather that there are so many other complimentary food options on the Excel class.

And the hours are arbitrary, at least they were when we were on MG Oct 2021.  I would be all ready to have lunch at Emeril's and they were open for breakfast but not for lunch that day.  Then the opposite the next day.  Maybe the hours have become more consistent. 🤞

10 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

And the hours are arbitrary, at least they were when we were on MG Oct 2021.  I would be all ready to have lunch at Emeril's and they were open for breakfast but not for lunch that day.  Then the opposite the next day.  Maybe the hours have become more consistent. 🤞

I seem to remember the same thing on Mardi Gras last September.  Carnival had me ready and willing to pay to eat there (which is 99% of the battle in marketing), but it wasn't open when I wanted to eat.  So off Shaq's instead for some complimentary chicken.

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Good to know!  Now I need to book a cruise with an Emeril's👍

I think the way the menu is posted that gives the impression Emeril's isn't on CHEERS.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

I thought maybe the varying hours was due to port/sea day differences.  But looking at some Fun Times posted here that doesn't seem to hold true 100% of the time.  I guess we'll just have to remember to keep checking and work Emeril's into our plan.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

The point of my post was (and I will type it slower this time…. MORE of his items will be added.  Which makes that a yup.  Sure you will see it when you start sailing Carnival again…..😂 .  Take it the bank.  

• Haha 1

OP, Emril's is great- you'll enjoy it.  It is al la carte but also very reasonable.  We found it to be a great option a couple of nights when we didn't want a giant dinner (due to already have snacked in the afternoon, late lunch, or some such situation).  Emril's was a great option those nights- fast yet well prepared.  So many solid dining options on Excel class- something for everyone and for every schedule!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1