Beverage Pkg. & Insurance Question

I wanted to add the $55 day beverage package for our stateroom (per person) but it also raises the insurance we are paying by $120.00. My mom is 92 so we get insurance for all vacations. If I wait and book the beverage package onboard, will I still have to pay the increase for insurance? Does the cost of the beverage package go up? I have tried calling and asking many times, but spend forever online and no one ever knows anything!!

Posted (edited)

Only occasionally is the have it all package offered onboard. The beverage packages are offered onboard.  The price is consistent 

Edited by Mary229

The Have It All should not be included in the insurance, as it's refundable (like port fees,and taxes).  You might want to shop around for insurance.  The price for HIA is $10 more per day if purchased onboard.

15 minutes ago, julia said:

The Have It All should not be included in the insurance, as it's refundable (like port fees,and taxes).  You might want to shop around for insurance.  The price for HIA is $10 more per day if purchased onboard.

I agree - it should not be included.  But HAL does include HIA in cruise fare and thus their insurance goes up based on cruise fare.  HAL is the only line where we have experienced this.   They really should not include any ‘package’ in cruise fare imo.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, blessedmommyx3 said:

I wanted to add the $55 day beverage package for our stateroom (per person) but it also raises the insurance we are paying by $120.00. My mom is 92 so we get insurance for all vacations. If I wait and book the beverage package onboard, will I still have to pay the increase for insurance? Does the cost of the beverage package go up? I have tried calling and asking many times, but spend forever online and no one ever knows anything!!

No, Because you can't cover the beverage package once you are on the ship. You're already there, so you can't cancel.  The HIA costs more onboard than when purchased in advance. I think it's $10/day more.