Escape room cost

I just got an email for our upcoming cruise on Harmony in June for dining packages and all that like I get daily. I decided to check to see about the classes in the onboard activities and current casita prices. There is an option to book the escape room for $39 per person. So it looks like the escape room is coming back but wasn't it previously included and not an extra fee? I was hoping to do this but not sure I would want to pay $39 per person.

Not sure I have ever seen free escape room on Royal, but think we paid $19 on Navigator before the shutdown.  More concerned that they have a 12 year old limit - our 9 year old granddaughter loves escape rooms and has done at least 10 since she was 6.  And she solves puzzles the rest of the family can't figure out.

• Like 1

Just now, LeeW said:

Not sure I have ever seen free escape room on Royal, but think we paid $19 on Navigator before the shutdown.  More concerned that they have a 12 year old limit - our 9 year old granddaughter loves escape rooms and has done at least 10 since she was 6.  And she solves puzzles the rest of the family can't figure out.

Thank you for correcting me.

I have never been on  ship with an escape room. If they previously had a charge it makes more sense. The website did not say it was an additional charge when looking at ships and my previous knowledge was it hadn't been opened in sometime on Harmony. Today was the first time it has popped up for me on the planner. At $19 my husband and I might do it. At $39 it is a bit more than I would want to spend. Included in cruise price and I would be booking a time. Of course I am trying to save some money and not sure why I keep looking at the casitas and some of the other things.

I've done the escape room on the Harmony, and I would not recommend it. If you're a fan of escape rooms, this will be a disappointment. If you've never done an escape room before and this is your first, you'll probably wonder why people even enjoy escape rooms.

The escape room on Harmony is just one room, and they send you in with a group of 12 people (most escape rooms max out at 6-8 people per group). Also, the crew member stays with you in the room the entire time (usually, in escape rooms, they watch you on security cameras and can PA into your room if you need hints or are doing something wrong that may break the room).

When we did it, we were a group of four adults, and we were paired with two other families that had children, so we couldn't really participate because we had to let the kids try and solve everything first. We ended up not escaping from the room, but I was super glad to get out of there because an hour locked in the room watching other people's children attempt to solve puzzles was not very fun.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

We did the escape room on Oasis and thought it was a lot of fun. It was a definite challenge and we did succeed. Several of the people we were with had never done one and also enjoyed it.  Yes it is one room (a single converted space) and the crewmember is in with you. But she did not interfere and other land based escape rooms are single spaces.  I think it is what you make of it.  Different experiences I guess, all of which are subjective to the participant.

Yes there was a fee and to my knowledge there always was.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, LittleMissMagic said:

I've done the escape room on the Harmony, and I would not recommend it. If you're a fan of escape rooms, this will be a disappointment. If you've never done an escape room before and this is your first, you'll probably wonder why people even enjoy escape rooms.

The escape room on Harmony is just one room, and they send you in with a group of 12 people (most escape rooms max out at 6-8 people per group). Also, the crew member stays with you in the room the entire time (usually, in escape rooms, they watch you on security cameras and can PA into your room if you need hints or are doing something wrong that may break the room).

When we did it, we were a group of four adults, and we were paired with two other families that had children, so we couldn't really participate because we had to let the kids try and solve everything first. We ended up not escaping from the room, but I was super glad to get out of there because an hour locked in the room watching other people's children attempt to solve puzzles was not very fun.

Sounds like alot of fun for $80 🤣

The escape room here in my hometown is actually 2 rooms.  You have to solve about 2/3 of the puzzle to get to a secret door to finish.  My team did not finish and I found out I'm not very good at it.  So bad in fact I would not do it again.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, margeecruiser said:

The escape room here in my hometown is actually 2 rooms. 

We have several in our area that have more than one escape room each, and most are two rooms but some are one.  One of the ones that is a single room is also one of the hardest IMO.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

5 hours ago, LeeW said:

Not sure I have ever seen free escape room on Royal,

The one on Wonder was free, but it wasn’t a true escape room. It said Escape Room, but it was just a regular room with some puzzles set up. This was back in Oct/22, and plans were to eventually build a real one, but I don’t know if that has ever happened.

• Like 1

We did an “escape room” on anthem with no charge about 7 years ago. One family brought their kid who was not 12 yet, putting the crew member in charge in an awkward spot. But no one objected so we proceeded without incident. It was fairly basic, but fun. The crew member gave hints too quickly IMO. 

we did the escape room on anthem again last year. It was a different puzzle but still basic ( though less basic than the previous iteration). We also didn’t pay last year but i think we were comped.

again, basic but fun. 

Like all escape rooms, you only experience like 10%-20% of the puzzles. Everyone breaks up and does their own thing then all come together at the end. 

i probably would not pay for an onship escape room unless it was really good, which does not seem to be the case. I think I’m better off doing escape rooms on land. 

• Like 1