Starboard/Port Aft or True Aft Cabin?

Which do you prefer and why?  Price difference is about $1000 for true aft.  Going on the Bliss for B2B.  Kids will be happily entertained.  My entertainment will be a beverage of choice and my kindle.

4 minutes ago, CharmCity2000 said:

Which do you prefer and why?  Price difference is about $1000 for true aft.  Going on the Bliss for B2B.  Kids will be happily entertained.  My entertainment will be a beverage of choice and my kindle.

With "true aft" do you mean Aft-facing?

Aft-facing balcony rooms (suites) are our favorites.  We absolutely love the views from our balcony (and love "seeing where we've been" view😉).

Aft balconies give you a view out of back of the ship: balconies towards the aft don’t have that. They are totally different.

Of you are on the side you are on the side. It doesn’t matter to me whether it is towards the front, mid ship or aft.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Aft balconies give you a view out of back of the ship: balconies towards the aft don’t have that. They are totally different.

Of you are on the side you are on the side. It doesn’t matter to me whether it is towards the front, mid ship or aft.

Yes that's what I mean.  True back of the boat or towards the back of the boat on the side.

5 minutes ago, CharmCity2000 said:

Yes that's what I mean.  True back of the boat or towards the back of the boat on the side.

While aft is always good IMHO, it kinda depends on your itinerary whether I'd spend the extra on a cabin with a nice view vs using the money for other things. Bliss goes to Alaska, Mexico, Carribean. 

7 minutes ago, julig22 said:

While aft is always good IMHO, it kinda depends on your itinerary whether I'd spend the extra on a cabin with a nice view vs using the money for other things. Bliss goes to Alaska, Mexico, Carribean. 

B2B xmas/nye weeks.  We'll be in the carribean.

Some of the true Aft (B1) have huge balconies with room for loungers.   Those are the ones we look for.  On Bliss, the largest (deepest) balconies would be on decks 9 and 12.  

I would suggest you do a search for specific cabin numbers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CharmCity2000 said:

I'm not sure if I was clear, but what I'm saying is that when people talk about aft cabins they mean ones facing aft.

There is no benefit that I can think of about being on a side cabin near the aft. You are either facing aft or you may as well be anywhere along the side,

3 hours ago, CharmCity2000 said:

Side of the ship makes no difference wha so ever.  I've never saild a forward or aft facing cabin and never understood the desire to do so but many do.

3 hours ago, CharmCity2000 said:

I was on Bliss in aft balcony ( it was a haven suite, but still aft).  While the views are amazing, keep in mind that the balcony, floor, railings, furniture will have some soot on it at various times. There were notices every few days that maintenance will be cleaning the balconies, so keep your curtain closed during that time frame ( unless you are into a peep show..but who am I to judge).    

37 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I was on Bliss in aft balcony ( it was a haven suite, but still aft).  While the views are amazing, keep in mind that the balcony, floor, railings, furniture will have some soot on it at various times.

This is one of these weird things. We have had many aft cabins over the years, on various ships, and not once have I ever seen any soot, or anything else like that, on our balcony. I'm not the most observant, so just asked my wife, who very much is, and she also said that she has never seen any.

Others mention it as an issue, so I'm not doubting anyone, but it is not certain that you will see it.

6 hours ago, CharmCity2000 said:

One advantage to an aft balcony over one on the side of the ship is the lack of wind in an aft balcony while sailing.  This makes the balcony much more usable and comfortable while underway than a side balcony.