Port back to MIA questions

Sabalon

Getting there is no problem.   We're flying out of PBI later in the day and will be picking up a rental at MIA and driving north.

Last time we cruised out of Miami, we had and Enterprise rental and they had a shuttle bus from the port to the airport. 

Googling, I can't find any references to that.  I see where Avis and Budget have a shuttle, but they go to some of the off-airport sites which is three times as much for the one way rental.   So that sounds out.

I know there are affordable shuttles from there to the airport...are there enough where you don't have to worry about reserving something and can just find one?  Or just grab a taxi? 

Thanks...don't like unknowns!!! 🙂

Just recently off Explorer at POM. Lot's of shuttles from there to MIA. They're holding signs and they'll direct you to one of their shuttles. It's $10.00 pp cash. Once they fill up which is pretty quickly and their off. No need to worry this was so easy to do.

15 hours ago, Ashland said:

Just recently off Explorer at POM. Lot's of shuttles from there to MIA. They're holding signs and they'll direct you to one of their shuttles. It's $10.00 pp cash. Once they fill up which is pretty quickly and their off. No need to worry this was so easy to do.

Are these shuttles that hold 10 or 12 people?  

I like a 'smaller' shuttle so we don't have to wait for long.

50 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Are these shuttles that hold 10 or 12 people?  

I like a 'smaller' shuttle so we don't have to wait for long.

Most are...but they also have Chevy Suburban's too.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, canadiangal40 said:

I was wondering the same thing.  If there were taxis readily available or if there were shuttles, we have a flight booked for home at 11:30am.  and hoping we make it to MIA in time.

We got there in more than enough time for our noon flight. You'll be fine just tell them of your flight time and they make sure you'll be in one of the shuttles ready to go.

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

We got there in more than enough time for our noon flight. You'll be fine just tell them of your flight time and they make sure you'll be in one of the shuttles ready to go.

Thank you for your quick reply.  I been looking around and it seems likely we'll make it.

• Like 1

Last time we needed a car in Miami (for drive to Orlando with 7 people) I tried the Avis outlet downtown but way too expensive and location is a pain for that many people.  So I booked Express Shuttle Miami for $10pp and they dropped us off at the Rental Car Center at the airport.  Rentals at airport are a lot easier than downtown.

1 hour ago, LeeW said:

Last time we needed a car in Miami (for drive to Orlando with 7 people) I tried the Avis outlet downtown but way too expensive and location is a pain for that many people.  So I booked Express Shuttle Miami for $10pp and they dropped us off at the Rental Car Center at the airport.  Rentals at airport are a lot easier than downtown.

We used Avis at 99  SE 2nd Street and it couldn't have been easier. I think having to do this at MIA isn't worth it for us adding on the booked shuttle cost to get there. Just our recent experience this month using Costco to book.

3 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

Are there any shuttles from Port of Miami to Miami airport with child seats for a 5 year old.

These large shuttle bus's your 5 year old will be fine with a seatbelt. If you want a child car seat you'll have to book with a private company that provides them.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nhraformula00 said:

My 490 year old son is taking his 5 year old on a Carnival cruise this September. Thanks.

Huh !!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

My 490 year old son is taking his 5 year old on a Carnival cruise this September. Thanks.

Your son might consider getting an inflatable car seat booster.  Then you don't need to worry about whether vendors will supply one.  They are convenient, easy to inflate and deflate into a small package, and meet federal safety standards.  We used one last year for our 4 year old granddaughter.

https://a.co/d/1VP4KFx

https://a.co/d/9kd2CT6

• Like 1

Just as a followup, the hotel we were at (YVE) had a desk in the lobby with VIP tours (or something like that) where they would take you to the port ($8/pp) and then to the airport ($20/pp) so we ended up doing that.   Called them and about 40 minutes later they picked us up.  Another group said they had waited about 1h40m to be picked up (don't know the veracity of that).  

Looks like Lyft would have been about $23 from the terminal to the airport.   No idea of the price of the many many other shuttles there...heard rumors of them gouging up to $40/pp at the port, but that was also from the person trying to sell the $20/pp rides!.   

28 minutes ago, Sabalon said:

Just as a followup, the hotel we were at (YVE) had a desk in the lobby with VIP tours (or something like that) where they would take you to the port ($8/pp) and then to the airport ($20/pp) so we ended up doing that.   Called them and about 40 minutes later they picked us up.  Another group said they had waited about 1h40m to be picked up (don't know the veracity of that).  

Looks like Lyft would have been about $23 from the terminal to the airport.   No idea of the price of the many many other shuttles there...heard rumors of them gouging up to $40/pp at the port, but that was also from the person trying to sell the $20/pp rides!.   

2 weeks ago I ordered an Uber to pick me up at MIA to the port. He was there in like 10 min and the drive to the port was maybe 25 min... it was $25.

I head back for another cruise out of Miami twice in the month of May. That worked out so well for me I plan to do the same thing both cruises.

9 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

2 weeks ago I ordered an Uber to pick me up at MIA to the port. He was there in like 10 min and the drive to the port was maybe 25 min... it was $25.

I head back for another cruise out of Miami twice in the month of May. That worked out so well for me I plan to do the same thing both cruises.

On the way back to MIA, it took the Uber a little longer to get to me....maybe 20 min. And the ride to MIA was about 30 or 35 min.