Lookbook or vision board

I don't know what I should call it, a lookbook or a vision board, but I've started taking pictures of the pieces I plan to take. I plan to make an image using all the pictures. I really am just doing it for fun because I like clothes, I know it might seem silly to some! So far I have photographed all of the casual pieces, I need to photograph my formal dress... I would ask if any of you guys do this but I'm guessing I'm the only one. 😂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, oyme said:

I don't know what I should call it, a lookbook or a vision board, but I've started taking pictures of the pieces I plan to take. I plan to make an image using all the pictures. I really am just doing it for fun because I like clothes, I know it might seem silly to some! So far I have photographed all of the casual pieces, I need to photograph my formal dress... I would ask if any of you guys do this but I'm guessing I'm the only one. 😂

I don't, since my usual travel wardrobe is so boring.  But I'm cruising out of SF in August so no airplanes involved.  Might be fun.  

13 hours ago, oyme said:

I would ask if any of you guys do this but I'm guessing I'm the only one.

I used to do it when there was this [shopping] site with images of many clothing items.

image.jpeg.30367748d58109d67bcd0b776dc3bde4.jpeg

image.jpeg.a657cbaf4138d9bbdb748317c841ccc5.jpeg

I guess far more people used it for boards than for shopping, as the site went away!

• Like 1

When I hear "lookbook" I think of Erika Jayne and her enterage coming up with a notebook full of looks for her to take on the Real Housewives trips 😂

Since I usually just think of what want to take and maybe pick up a few pieces that I think might be fun, I'm honestly a last-second packer.  I give myself a "you gotta stop and get to the airport" time, I don't think a lookbook would be of use. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 3:00 PM, slidergirl said:

When I hear "lookbook" I think of Erika Jayne and her enterage coming up with a notebook full of looks for her to take on the Real Housewives trips 😂

Since I usually just think of what want to take and maybe pick up a few pieces that I think might be fun, I'm honestly a last-second packer.  I give myself a "you gotta stop and get to the airport" time, I don't think a lookbook would be of use. 

I'm 33 days out just started packing, I am very eager... I like to know what I am missing and if I need to buy anything.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2024 at 4:15 PM, oyme said:

I'm 33 days out just started packing, I am very eager... I like to know what I am missing and if I need to buy anything.

My travel mantra has always been "I can buy it when I get there IF I need it." 😸

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 10:26 AM, slidergirl said:

My travel mantra has always been "I can buy it when I get there IF I need it." 😸

And mine is "I don't want to waste one minute shopping for something I need".  🤩

Edited by jsn55
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jsn55 said:

And mine is "I don't want to waste one minute shopping for something I need".  🤩

How do know you need something before you leave?  😉

I love to go into stores and "window shop."  I love to see allow the different things. I always have time built in for just wandering.  I don't program every minutes of a trip.

• Like 1