CCL Reports Earnings for first Quarter April 27 ,2024

Already CCL is adding a 5th Excel ship to their Carnival cruise division which will make 5 of those ships in service . They just contracted with the ship yard .  With that in mind ,we expect earnings to be even better than the last quarter .  Then the stock will go up once again . A good time to get in  today if you don't have your 100 shares  as yet ,for all the On Board Credits it  offers .Better than a dividend😄

With 100 share od CCL stock ,any of their cruise line brands you get on board credits :

Here is what you can get :

less than 7 day cruise $50 

7 days to 13 days cruise $100 

14 days & over cruise  $250 

• Like 1

Can't see why te stock price was down in early trading as a rogust ist qtr earnings  was excellent & on deposit rose to a record . new booking set a record   ie 

7 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Can't see why te stock price was down in early trading as a rogust ist qtr earnings  was excellent & on deposit rose to a record . new booking set a record   ie 

The debt to equity ratio is still extremely high at just under 4.5, making Carnival stock about the equivalent of junk bonds.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

The debt to equity ratio is still extremely high at just under 4.5, making Carnival stock about the equivalent of junk bonds.

The corp is paying down that debt & free cash flow has increased 

BTW I keep buying shares because I do know that the stock  price will recover . This is imo a buying opportunity  .The stock should be at $18 at least 

2 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

The corp is paying down that debt & free cash flow has increased 

Affirmative, it has dropped from about 5.4 to 4.4, but still has considerable way to go before it is at a more acceptable risk. Last I checked they haven't paid dividends since 2020.

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

Affirmative, it has dropped from about 5.4 to 4.4, but still has considerable way to go before it is at a more acceptable risk. Last I checked they haven't paid dividends since 2020.

Firget the dividends  .Using 100 shares just for the On board credits is far better than any so called dividend  ,Then the increase in share price alone  has made me enough to pay for one of my longer cruises .now working on paying off  the 2nd longer cruise 

2 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

They announced a possible hit of 10 million due to the Bridge collapse in Baltimore. They will be home porting out of Norfolk till further notice.

5 minutes ago, Dutchman48 said:

They announced a possible hit of 10 million due to the Bridge collapse in Baltimore. They will be home porting out of Norfolk till further notice.

So the stock lost early gains because to a 10 million extra cost . imo it was the shorts who wanted it down  but when people study the first qtr results the smart money buys 

The First quarter report & future guidance are outstanding  .As the debt burden gets  paid down  this stock will soar  to at least a 3 bagger  with  in  2 years from now  .imo

6 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

The dividends ended when Covid closed everything down. Seems reasonable to me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The dividends ended when Covid closed everything down. Seems reasonable to me.

I know why they stopped paying dividends, but they resumed operations about 2 yrs ago. and still aren't paying dividends.

With respect to investments, risk = reward, so at this level of risk, I would be looking to double my money annually, if I was daft enough to buy their shares.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

I know why they stopped paying dividends, but they resumed operations about 2 yrs ago. and still aren't paying dividends.

With respect to investments, risk = reward, so at this level of risk, I would be looking to double my money annually, if I was daft enough to buy their shares.

For an "investment" of 100 (peanuts) you effectively get tax-free dividends in the form OBC. If you sail any CCL brand regularly, hard to beat it.

• Like 1

The stock price when opened & then slid a bit more . Added more shares as imo the stock is dirt cheap now .Unless the entire economy collapses CCL is going to be a lot more ecpenxive to buy .

4 hours ago, rodndonna said:

For an "investment" of 100 (peanuts) you effectively get tax-free dividends in the form OBC. If you sail any CCL brand regularly, hard to beat it.

Having witnessed the Carnivalisation of both P&O and Princess, once exceptional cruise lines I worked for and were ruined by Carnival, I tend to avoid all Carnival Brands. I also don't consider bribes of OBC when making investment decisions, regardless of how little money is involved.

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

The stock price when opened & then slid a bit more . Added more shares as imo the stock is dirt cheap now .Unless the entire economy collapses CCL is going to be a lot more ecpenxive to buy .

If the quarter results were so positive, why is the ROI still negative?

21 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

If the quarter results were so positive, why is the ROI still negative?

This is why the stock is a buy . /you can buy it when it goes over $50 per share .Your choice of course 

27 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Having witnessed the Carnivalisation of both P&O and Princess, once exceptional cruise lines I worked for and were ruined by Carnival, I tend to avoid all Carnival Brands. I also don't consider bribes of OBC when making investment decisions, regardless of how little money is involved.

It is a very competitive industry . Carnival corp makes decisions to increase the  profitability & thus ,the share price going forward

18 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

It is a very competitive industry . Carnival corp makes decisions to increase the  profitability & thus ,the share price going forward

Finally something we can agree. Carnival's priority is shareholder returns over pax service. Problem is the shareholder still isn't seeing any returns.

However, before they can increase profitability, they actually have to start making a profit, with the latest results still showing a loss.

30 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

This is why the stock is a buy . /you can buy it when it goes over $50 per share .Your choice of course 

If I consider it a high risk investment at $16, I sure as heck wouldn't be buying at $50. If it was in the $3 - 5 range, I might be tempted.

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

Indeed - if you don't sail Carnival brands ... owning 100 shares for OBC would make no sense.

I had "presumed" since this was a HAL board, that you sail with HAL (which is a CCL brand). 

• Like 1