On Ascent - had to sign tab

1Virgo

Onboard Ascent. Yesterday at Cellar Masters ordered a champagne. $17/glass. NP.  We have Premium package.  Tonight, same place, same Champagne, both DH and I had to sign for it. Bartender said started today. having to sign for it.  Didn’t apply to other drinks.  Hmmmm???  Very interesting   Bill showed 0 charge   0 gratuity. 

17 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

Onboard Ascent. Yesterday at Cellar Masters ordered a champagne. $17/glass. NP.  We have Premium package.  Tonight, same place, same Champagne, both DH and I had to sign for it. Bartender said started today. having to sign for it.  Didn’t apply to other drinks.  Hmmmm???  Very interesting   Bill showed 0 charge   0 gratuity. 

Assuming it included a line to add additional tip?  If so, there is your reason...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a thought. Do you think they are going to start setting a maximum limit per day $ wise on drink packages ? As I mentioned even bartenders surprises

38 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

Just a thought. Do you think they are going to start setting a maximum limit per day $ wise on drink packages ? As I mentioned even bartenders surprises

no. There really isnt a reason for that  

They may want to know how much liquor the average quest on different packages actually drink to get an idea of costs. Now there is quite a bit of free, unregistered pours going on   X ma just want to know what the average pax actually drink s

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tfred said:

no. There really isnt a reason for that  

They may want to know how much liquor the average quest on different packages actually drink to get an idea of costs. Now there is quite a bit of free, unregistered pours going on   X ma just want to know what the average pax actually drink s

I guess a signature could theoretically cut down on freebies that are being recorded as lost and wastage today. Sounds like they put an accountant in as the F&B manager...

I'd probably just scratch through it and hand it back. Kind of like most of your point of sale terminals that will accept anything as a signature. Seems pretty silly.

Posted (edited)

Last three cruises (Constellation, Summit), every time I used my card at Sunset Bar for a single drink, when I'd check my account, always showed multiple orders, usually +3 or 4.  Only happened at Sunset.  Bartender was obviously pouring freebies (for tips).

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Last three cruises (Constellation, Summit), every time I used my card at Sunset Bar for a single drink, when I'd check my account, always showed multiple orders, usually +3 or 4.  Only happened at Sunset.  Bartender was obviously pouring freebies (for tips).

Yes, this happened more in the past - including room service from sushi on 5 for other guests not in upper suites - charged to my card when sailing in an upper suite. No cost to me and I did hear from other passengers about freebies from their butler. When I first saw the 20+ extra charges a day I mentioned it to my butler who said if he asks for something for the PH guest it is always supplied. I never said a word but on a recent sailing I heard that a butler was fired for using the wrong card. Things are tightened up now according to some who work in management on the ship.The special things the butler and bartenders can do has been limited lately. Those unexpected, unofficial SS treats are more limited than in the past.

• Like 1