Show times

Ilovebreakfast

We’ll be on the Serenity Alaska cruise 7/16-7/23 and I’m looking to book specialty restaurants.
Do they still have 2 shows per night and if so, what times.
Do they still have a magic show?

Can you book the nightclub dinner in advance online?

• Like 1

This is an oft-asked question and unfortunately there is no set answer. On a recent full cruise, we found that there was usually one show at 9:30. But this can be different on other sailings. Dining at 7:30 seemed to work for us, if that helps.

You cannot book the nightclub until onboard when the date is announced. The magic show is usually offered at multiple times - in the afternoon, early evening or late evening - and on multiple days.

Nancy is correct. There will not be a Supper Club on your sailing as there will not be a formal night since this is a 7 night cruise.

The number of shows and the times vary not only by evening but by sailing based on occupancy and also can vary based on sailing times.  There is no way to predict what the times will be on your sailing.

Keith

16 hours ago, Cruise-y said:

This is an oft-asked question and unfortunately there is no set answer. On a recent full cruise, we found that there was usually one show at 9:30. But this can be different on other sailings. Dining at 7:30 seemed to work for us, if that helps.

You cannot book the nightclub until onboard when the date is announced. The magic show is usually offered at multiple times - in the afternoon, early evening or late evening - and on multiple days.

The Librarian is the contact point for magic show tickets.  We usually go to the Library the 1st day to get ours.  It's a wonderful show if you enjoy magic!

Phyllis

• Like 1

Happy to hear about the magic shows. We’ve always enjoyed them. 
This will be our first Crystal cruise of less than 2 weeks. 
Also, the first in a suite. We received the aquamarine suite in the classic design. 
We will be arriving into Anchorage 2 days prior and staying at the Marriott downtown. If anyone has any recommendations for a full day in Anchorage, or any other recommendations for packing for a 7 day Alaska cruise, that I wouldn’t find by a simple google search, I’d appreciate it.

Thank you and safe travels to all my fellow Crystal cruisers!

4 hours ago, Ilovebreakfast said:

recommendations for packing for a 7 day Alaska cruise

You might want to bring some shorts and tee shirts.  Last time we were on Crystal in Alaska, the temperatures hit into the low 80s in two of the stops. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

You might want to bring some shorts and tee shirts.  Last time we were on Crystal in Alaska, the temperatures hit into the low 80s in two of the stops. 

And the last time we were in Alaska, during the first two weeks in July, the temps barely hit 50-55 deg during the day, with a wind chill in the 30’s when the ship was moving. Just shows the unpredictable temp swings possible in Alaska.

Rob

• Like 1

As someone who has their 7th and 8th Alaska cruises booked for this year, so a semi-expert, weather for the Alaska cruise season is, you pay your money, you take your chances. I've seen it all, so accept whatever and enjoy.

Patty

• Like 1

A recommendation for llovebreakfast.

Like Patty I have seen it all.  Been there the same time or similar times and it has ranged from sunny to warm, cold to colder rainy, cloudy, windy, etc. This is what makes Alaska what it is. 

My advice is to finalize your packing list a week before your cruise by looking at weather reports for the places you will visit. Like all weather forecasts they are not perfect but it will help for sure. And it is wise to bring clothing that you can layer.

Keith

• Like 1