Koningsdam Neptune Suite Third Bed (Three Single Adults)

We are three, single, middle-age adults who are booked in a Koningsdam Signature Suite in order to get three real beds.  If we upgrade to a Neptune Suite, is the third bed option always just a sofa bed?  What size is it and what is the comfort level?  Would love to get comments from other "three singles" who stayed in a Neptune Suite and how the sleeping arrangements worked out for you.

TIA!

Can't speak for the Koningsdam in particular, but we've shared Neptune suites on other HAL ships with our adult son, who says he's been quite comfortable. Every bit as good as a "real" bed? Well, maybe not--but entirely acceptable. 

On some ships, we've found it a bit awkward getting through the balcony door with the extra bed opened, but our room attendant has always been very prompt about opening and shutting it. Usually closed by the time we return from breakfast and re-opened while we're at dinner.

• Like 1

My sister's and I always book a Neptune suite for our annual girls cruise.  My older sister takes the hideabed and says it is comfortable, plus she likes to look out at the ocean in the morning.  You can walk around with the bed out and you will love the bathroom for 3 of you.  Separate head with sink and mirror plus a double sink in with the jetted tub and shower.

Hope this helps,

Laurie

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 12:38 AM, Sea-n-Ease said:

We are three, single, middle-age adults who are booked in a Koningsdam Signature Suite in order to get three real beds.

You say you want three real beds.  I am not sure if the king bed in the Neptune suites can be split into two smaller beds.  I know it cannot be split in the Pinnacle Suites, but I'm sure someone knows for sure.  So although two people can sleep very comfortably in a king bed, it depends on your relationships if you really want to share a bed.

2 hours ago, lauriek said:

My sister's and I always book a Neptune suite for our annual girls cruise.  My older sister takes the hideabed and says it is comfortable, plus she likes to look out at the ocean in the morning.  You can walk around with the bed out and you will love the bathroom for 3 of you.  Separate head with sink and mirror plus a double sink in with the jetted tub and shower.

Hope this helps,

Laurie

The Neptune suite king bed is two beds put together.  

• Like 1

We used to travel with 3 in Neptune when our daughter traveled with us. Neptune would be better than Signature but neither have a third bed, just fold out couch. My friends (3 individual Septuagenarian ladies) just sailed in a Neptune on Eurodam and had no complaints. 

6 hours ago, Henk123 said:

Picture found on my friend Google

Sofa.JPG.30d51c0b381412770c0b4c10381506f4.JPG

SofaNeptune.JPG.1b2bf462d8dd37729869bf12e9479dd9.JPG

The top picture is not a Neptune Suite fold out bed.  It looks like a regular Veranda Suite.

Bottom picture looks like a Neptune or Signature Suite in the non-Pinnacle ships.  Is that correct Neptune cruisers?

~Nancy

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The bed situation will be the same in the Neptune as in the Signature, except that the bed is King sized, so when you split it the two beds are larger.  The sofa bed is very similar, and IMO very comfortable. The only downside to being the one whose bed is the sofa one is that you don't have a bed during the day, if you want to take a nap, or that is your designated space to clutter up 🙂 since your steward will put the bed back into sofa condition when he cleans your room in the morning, and make up the bed again while you are at dinner.  Also, remember that if you don't have fixed dining or tend to be out of the room at the same time each evening, you might want to talk to your room steward about a fixed time for the bed to be made up, if you don't want to come back exhausted in the evening and find it's not done yet, or have it turned down at 6 PM when you planned to have guests in the room in the evening and need the couch.  Also, just my opinion, but if you can swing the Neptune, just having that extra floor space (which is the main difference between the two) might be nice with three adults sharing a cabin. 

Edited by Moriah

Also, and sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but a few years ago I sailed with three friends (so we were four single women) in a Neptune suite.  So in addition to the three beds the OP will be using, our steward brought a rollaway cot into our room each evening.  All three of the beds were very comfortable, but that fold-up bed was horrible.  We rotated beds during the cruise to make it "fair" LOL.  I was sorry we hadn't booked two regular cabins rather than the Neptune, because even being such a large cabin, having three roommates in ANY cabin is a challenge.  There is still only one bathroom, obviously, and double sinks and two showers don't really matter much when  you are not a couple! We decided that if we did it again, we'd forgo the Neptune Lounge, and the extra floor space and go for the second bathroom.  🙂 

• Like 2

On 3/28/2024 at 9:38 PM, Sea-n-Ease said:

We are three, single, middle-age adults who are booked in a Koningsdam Signature Suite in order to get three real beds.  If we upgrade to a Neptune Suite, is the third bed option always just a sofa bed?  What size is it and what is the comfort level?  Would love to get comments from other "three singles" who stayed in a Neptune Suite and how the sleeping arrangements worked out for you.

TIA!

Was in Neptune last week with my mom and sis. The king bed split in two and I slept on the couch. It was hard and flat but put a blanket under sheet and I found it quite comfy. Loved the pillows and sheets, and slept like a baby. 

• Thanks 2