QV Cabin 4062

Devonport D

We have just been allocated cabin 4062 deck 4 on Queen Victoria Cape Town to Southampton sailing April 2024, has anyone any information on this cabin? 
I did read on here that cabin has a larger balcony?

Anyone onboard now or recently any reviews good or bad.

Thank you

4062 is an obstructed view, not a balcony, you might want to recheck that number if you think its a balcony. I had a friend in that particular cabin from Auckland to Sydney last month.

Apologies 🤦‍♂️i have my Queen Anne booking mixed up with my Queen Victoria booking.

It should of read 

Cabin 4046 Queen Victoria 

Cape Town to Southampton April 2024.

Thanks again

32 minutes ago, Devonport D said:

Apologies 🤦‍♂️i have my Queen Anne booking mixed up with my Queen Victoria booking.

It should of read 

Cabin 4046 Queen Victoria 

Cape Town to Southampton April 2024.

Thanks again

I just booked 4050 for a 2025 cruise…hoping it’s good…I was told on here it has a larger balcony but then I’ve read things about metal versus glass so I don’t know much….this is my first Cunard booking so I feel pretty lost. 🙂

16 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I just booked 4050 for a 2025 cruise…hoping it’s good…I was told on here it has a larger balcony but then I’ve read things about metal versus glass so I don’t know much….this is my first Cunard booking so I feel pretty lost. 🙂

Not stayed in one but here goes.

The widths are standard as for most Britannia cabins but deck four forward and aft benefit from deeper balconies

4050 and 4046 are glass fronted with the deeper balcony which means the very front of the balcony will be overlooked from above but it's not sheltered so gets more sun which would be a  plus in my book.

They are also very near the  forward lifts so also a plus. 👍

My blog post back in 2016 HERE.... on QE shows the metal fronted QE balcony on deck 4 Fwd - I'm sure it's the same on QV with the Aft balconies glass and the Fwd balconies metal. 

P1010362.thumb.JPG.3ccb1b870dd0bdabd77fee6a580f5b8b.JPG

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, rakkor said:

My blog post back in 2016 HERE.... on QE shows the metal fronted QE balcony on deck 4 Fwd - I'm sure it's the same on QV with the Aft balconies glass and the Fwd balconies metal. 

P1010362.thumb.JPG.3ccb1b870dd0bdabd77fee6a580f5b8b.JPG

I have the  full '24-Jan27 brochure and it most definitely states 4001 to 4042 are metal fronted and so the two mentioned on this thread have glass fronted balconies.

Edited by Victoria2
too many zeros

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I have the  full '24-Jan27 brochure and it most definitely states 4001 to 4042 are metal fronted and so the two mentioned on this thread have glass fronted balconies.

Yep, looking at that photo it looks like the last 3 balcony cabins are glass fronted, but whether glass or metal, they are well worth it

IMG_20161009_154257.thumb.jpg.a084064903bcc28787019e408e6e12af.jpg

Jane with her pre-pandemic short hair

Edited by rakkor

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

What do the glass fronted balconies look like?

Edited by cruisetonowhere10
Typo

15 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

What do the glass fronted balconies look like?

The edging is transparent, unless they’ve forgotten to wash them. So you can see the sea through them, while lounging.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1