Free at Sea specialty dining / Which restaurants are you able to use?

Im on Viva right now, we've been able to use the dining package at any venue. At venues that charge a la carte vs a cover, you get to pick a number of dishes and that then gets comped to 0 on your bill.

For example, we ate at food Republic one night, we both used a dining package so we got to pick any 8 dishes we wanted.

Last night we ate at onda, we got to pick 2 apps, a main, 2 sides, and a dessert.

The dining packages have been an absurd amount of food and they haven't seemed to care about sharing at all, even on the drinks plus package

• Thanks 1

@KyleClark Just to clarify, @AllHandsAstern's information might be a little misleading.

So, to clarify, each person with the dining package will receive 1 appetizer or salad, 1 main,

sides(# might vary, per server)  and 1 dessert.

In reality, your experience might vary overall, therefore, the information is just a guideline!

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

@KyleClark Just to clarify, @AllHandsAstern's information might be a little misleading.

So, to clarify, each person with the dining package will receive 1 appetizer or salad, 1 main,

sides(# might vary, per server)  and 1 dessert.

In reality, your experience might vary overall, therefore, the information is just a guideline!

That's not correct, but I will clarify.

In food Republic everyone got 4 plates per credit, we used 2 so it was 8 plates.

In onda, each credit got 2 apps, 1 main (either a pasta or a protein), 2 sides, and 1 dessert. Further, if you wanted a pizza you could get that as either an app or a main, roughly 10", we got one and shared it amongst the 7 of us.

So last night, all of 16 hours ago, I used one dining credit, got hamachi crudo, a burrata caprese dish, filet mignon, a side of mushrooms, and a side of spinach. We skipped dessert because we had to dash to see Beetlejuice.

The math isn't the same for every restaurant, for example Cagney's was 1 starter, 1 main, 2 sides, and a dessert. Los Lobos was also 1 starter, 1 main, 2 sides, and a dessert.

I'm sure the policies are subject to change, I'm simply sharing my experience from the past week.

3 minutes ago, AllHandsAstern said:

The math isn't the same for every restaurant, for example Cagney's was 1 starter, 1 main, 2 sides, and a dessert

When I was on the Bliss in Jan/Feb Cagney's allowed 1 app, 1 soup/salad, 1 main with 2 sides and a dessert.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AllHandsAstern said:

That's not correct, but I will clarify.

In food Republic everyone got 4 plates per credit, we used 2 so it was 8 plates.

In onda, each credit got 2 apps, 1 main (either a pasta or a protein), 2 sides, and 1 dessert. Further, if you wanted a pizza you could get that as either an app or a main, roughly 10", we got one and shared it amongst the 7 of us.

So last night, all of 16 hours ago, I used one dining credit, got hamachi crudo, a burrata caprese dish, filet mignon, a side of mushrooms, and a side of spinach. We skipped dessert because we had to dash to see Beetlejuice.

The math isn't the same for every restaurant, for example Cagney's was 1 starter, 1 main, 2 sides, and a dessert. Los Lobos was also 1 starter, 1 main, 2 sides, and a dessert.

I'm sure the policies are subject to change, I'm simply sharing my experience from the past week.

The information supplied by ggTaxesGal was basically correct. As they stated the implementation varies, but what you are supposed to get is set out on the NCL website:

An SDP meal in a la carte restaurants includes 1 appetizer, 1 soup or salad, 1 main course and 1 dessert (does not apply to cover charge restaurants or Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar and Sushi, where a meal includes any 4 menu items). SDP does not include beverages and additional and/or premium menu items will incur charges.

In practice, as stated before, and verified by you, these rules are not consistently applied.

On 3/29/2024 at 9:11 AM, KyleClark said:

Particularly on the Encore...  Thanks.

Four course mea at Le Bistro, Onda, Ocean Blue, Los Lobos, Q (1 appetizer, 1 soup or salad, 1 entree, 1 dessert). If there are sides, you get two sides. If there is a sauce, you get a sauce. At Teppanyaki, you get a set meal. At Food Republic, you get 4 items. 

As long as you make the reservations ahead of time or shortly after boarding, you can eat anywhere.  Passengers who were not aware of the need to make advance reservations have limited options because the venues eventually book up.