Jim_Iain - B2B Sydney - Honolulu - Vancouver

Jim_Iain

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

April 4   Departure Day

The day has finally arrived.   I'm up early and starting to kick into gear.

Luggage Packed and Next to Front Door

Passport Checked and Iain has taken custody of them

Checked in on United and printed Boarding Passes

Checked Weather in Sydney

Checked our Flight on Flight Aware --- On Time aircraft inbound from Frankfurt

I really don't like late flights... feel like I'm sitting around doing nothing.

I know what you mean, I have a flight for Heathrow in July. However I have to to fly to Toronto to connect and there are only two flights one morning and one evening. Last time I did evening and my flight was delayed an hour and a half when I had a 3 hour connection so was a little stressed. So this time I picked morning to fly to Toronto, I have a long connection now but as I'm in business class I have access to the lounge. I don't want to take a vacation day as it seems a waste for that so as my morning flight is an hour I'm considering it my 'break' and just going to work the rest of the day from the lounge (my flight from Toronto is like 8pm)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We are booked on Vista from Istanbul to Barcelona in 2025.     It was our first booking with Oceania.    We couldn't get over the Owner's  Suite and had to book it.    Value is subjective but we were amazed that we were able to book it for less than the price of a Royal Suite.  

image.thumb.png.79263ca8f60e6e3603fe8d102f4d3719.png

Can I come? 
I will do fine in the Pullman bed😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

On 4/2/2024 at 2:09 PM, Justpackingmybags said:

Have you ever come across Martin Walker’s Bruno books? A rural gendarme who somehow gets to be involved in anything from truffle fraud to international terrorism, all while cooking fantastic food. They’re lovely books. 

Just ordered my first Bruno book and have the cookbook on standby.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

Can I come? 

I think there will plenty of room.    The Vista Suite - next smaller suite has a glassed in TV Room / Pull out Bed.   I think it is more like a man cave. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I like some British Mysteries but other's kinda loose me.    I do however lover Lin Anderson -  Rhona MacLeod Scottish Mystery Series.    I love long series and usually get the complete series and start with #1 -  It's always fun to see how characters develop.

Have you read the Thursday Murder Club series by Richard Osman. Very very popular in the UK. 4 books so far. A certain Mr Spielberg bought the film rights of the 1st book! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, StopTheWorld said:

Have you read the Thursday Murder Club series by Richard Osman. Very very popular in the UK. 4 books so far. A certain Mr Spielberg bought the film rights of the 1st book! 

Haven't yet....I just put it on my list.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, az4ship said:

I recommend Robert Dugoni, Tracey crosswhite series.  They are based on the Seattle area. They are mystery/ detective novels

Thanks... just added to my Wish List.

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Come along on my daily walk --

Is anyone else freaked out by hearing Jim’s voice for the first time 😆 Isn’t it funny how you imagine someone will sound, and then when you hear them you’re so shocked! You could be a DJ with that smooth voice Jim 😉

• Like 18

4 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

I know what you mean, I have a flight for Heathrow in July. However I have to to fly to Toronto to connect and there are only two flights one morning and one evening. Last time I did evening and my flight was delayed an hour and a half when I had a 3 hour connection so was a little stressed. So this time I picked morning to fly to Toronto, I have a long connection now but as I'm in business class I have access to the lounge. I don't want to take a vacation day as it seems a waste for that so as my morning flight is an hour I'm considering it my 'break' and just going to work the rest of the day from the lounge (my flight from Toronto is like 8pm)

Our last flight home from Amsterdam was a real mess.    We had a mechanical - the cargo door would not seal.    We were so late they were about to cancel because the crew would not be legal.   Instead the re-routed us to Washington, Dulles for a crew change.    When we got to Dulles... we all just sat there and one crew left and another came aboard to finish off the flight to SFO.    Added about 5 hours putting us in about 8 hours late.  

1 minute ago, StopTheWorld said:

Is anyone else freaked out by hearing Jim’s voice for the first time 😆 Isn’t it funny how you imagine someone will sound, and then when you hear them you’re so shocked! You could be a DJ with that smooth voice Jim 😉

LOL -- that voice was my Twin Brother Troy ---  My nickname is Troy from College.   It started as a joke that I always talked about Troy my Bad Twin... he was always blamed for things that went wrong.     Some still believe I have a twin brother.    Actually my Starbucks Name is Troy...LOL

Actually I was really running short of time to post that one quickly so I used the AI Script and Speech generator.   I chose "Sexy Man" ----- LOL.    It is really fun how they are integrating AI into everything.

Hang in there and you can be disappointed in the REAL Me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

Just about ready to depart.   Showered and shaved. Luggage stacked up.  Just wasting time until I summon Uber. 

This morning got an alert from them - We miss you and applying a $10 for your next 4 rides.  I wonder if I triggered it by checking prices yesterday and not booking.  

I usually compare Uber and Lyft but the bonus gives Uber a win.

IMG_3213.thumb.jpeg.690f4fa2c848d1e2cca64d574a2f3e3d.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Have a safe flight, guys.  Will be following too, as usual.  Also found some new authors to read…..mystery reader, too.  Can’t wait to met you both on Silly in November.

Edited by alfiemom
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you for taking us all along again on your amazing journey!  I love following and look forward to this journey as well.  

Safe travels and glad you remembered the passports!  🙂

Edited by Rina155
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Bit of excitement on my walk today.   About 10 engine were dispatched for a Tesla that caught fire   🔥 

IMG_3209.thumb.jpeg.0434e78cbeb7d0ebfdbc447483d2f928.jpeg

Where is this?  Just curious, as we've been away now for a couple of weeks.

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

It wasn't an easy trek.   We had been Legal Domestic Partner --- you file with Secretary of State like a corporation... very personal experience...LOL. 

We got married a couple days after the State Supreme Court over ruled the restrictions on Gay Marriage in California.     5 Months later you will remember Prop 8, where the conservatives put up an initiate to make Ban Gay Marriage.    When Prop 8 passed we were lucky and the State Supreme Court Grandfathered our Marriage and we were among only 2,000  legal gay marriage in California for 7 years.

The day (or within days) of the overturning of Prop 8, New York state made no fault divorce legal (prior you needed grounds - last state in the country with that).

My sister, who had just gone through the world's most contentious divorce said "It's a great day - gays can get married and straights in New York can get divorced". Her NY divorce took 5 years, and I've never seen anyone so happy about a divorce.

6 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

Can I come? 

@Jim_Iain has teased us with his Oceania “residence” before.  I still feel confident I could squeeze my 6’2” frame into my largest Pullman suitcase and stow away on his and Iain’s verandah.  What do you think guys?  I would only need a few square feet of living space.😇 😉🤗

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm really looking forward to following along on your cruise.  And I love the new videos.  

Not to sound creepy, but do you ever walk on Mary?  I was driving and saw someone who looked so much like you and I seriously wondered if I had seen you in the wild.  LOL

I hope you have a great trip.  That itinerary looks amazing. 

On 4/3/2024 at 1:00 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Just checked the weather today hoping the storm would fall apart but looks like it's getting stronger.   Now up another 1 inch of rain.  

2024-04-02_6-56-43.thumb.png.54719afac6890c296a25492a29810776.png

Hate to be the harbinger of doom & gloom, but there are weather warnings for Sydney tomorrow -  https://www.9news.com.au/national/weather-warning-heavy-rain-for-new-south-wales-queensland/14063c0e-8000-4b33-be67-4246e12c8531.  Wish we had better weather for your visit, I hope you've packed your raincoats & brollies.