Share your recent (F2023/S2024) transatlantic wifi reports

RTCGA

Hi all,

I was on the March 19 sailing of the Sun Princess RT Rome and my wifi experience was fine. It was robust enough for me to work remotely and make wifi calls when I needed to. Speeds were slightly better on port days (when everyone else was off the ship.)

I'm booked on the westbound transatlantic on Sept. 23 and I was hoping to hear from others what the current transatlantic wifi situation is now that (I believe) all the ships are on StarLink. My 2022 eastbound transatlantic on the Regal was a wifi disaster - literally no service for almost the entire journey starting a day or two out of Fort Lauderdale. I did a 2023 eastbound on Holland American which had similar terrible service.

If TA wifi is still an issue, I can't take this cruise. I have to work while away. (But I'd so much rather work from the beautiful Sun Princess!)

Would you mind sharing your recent transatlantic wifi experience (fall 2023 or spring 2024)? I think the Sky just did a crossing and the Regal is coming up in a few days.

Thanks so much!

Was on Sky transatlantic 9 - 25 March... Wifi ok, pretty fast.

Even without wifi connection but just using the free Medallion Net, could send and receive "text-only" WhatsApp, SMS. Could also use Google search but could not click the links. Even apps were automatically updated since we could get into Google App store.

2 minutes ago, Mighty Joe said:

Was on Sky transatlantic 9 - 25 March... Wifi ok, pretty fast.

Even without wifi connection but just using the free Medallion Net, could send and receive "text-only" WhatsApp, SMS. Could also use Google search but could not click the links. Even apps were automatically updated since we could get into Google App store.

Thank you! So you connected to Medallion yet but didn't use wifi for browsing?

Sept 2023, Westbound on Regal. We were able to facetime with our Grandkids whenever we wanted. A few glitches but otherwise very good. Streaming services always worked. Very satisfied.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Island Princess TA in Dec 2023 from Rome to Florida. The internet worked 90% of the time and the speed was acceptable. I used a laptop if that makes any difference.