No more Military discounts?

18 hours ago, RFerrington said:

They're still around, but just as rare as they've always been.

Not as rare as the LEO discount. We were batting zero on those.

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Not as rare as the LEO discount. We were batting zero on those.

🥹

We don't qualify for this one but frankly, I have never heard of ANYone getting it.  Why even have it ?

Glad I saw this post as I went to check on my upcoming cruise in June and there is currently a military discount that had not been there over the year and a half I booked this cruise! Woohoo! 😎

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

🥹

We don't qualify for this one but frankly, I have never heard of ANYone getting it.  Why even have it ?

As my TA explained to me:

I qualify for LEO, Veteran, and over 55.

I have seen LEO and first responder discounts on a few cruises this past year but it was in the last ninety before embarkation.

I book almost as soon as the cruises are listed on the TA's website. I normally get to pick my room for the same price as Royal's GTY of the selected cabin class.

I get a small amount of OBC from my TA and in most cases OBC from Royal. My deposit is fully refundable until 120 days when final payment is due as part of my TA's contract with Royal regardless of the length of cruise.

If I try to apply the discounts in most cases, the deposit becomes non-refundable.

I am not sure if it would be worth the 4 to 5% savings to lose my ability to refund unless my cruise was within the 120 embarkation period when the full amount would be due upon booking anyway.

If you click discount check boxes for all of the discounts, it normally defaults to 55 plus discount because all of the them are the same percentage and it only allows one discount in most of my mock bookings.

I could click any one of them and get the same discount and the deposit changes to non-refundable.

• Like 2

I have never received a military discount on any RCI cruise. I assume they exist since it is an option on the website and people have mentioned getting one like in this thread, but I guess I always pick the wrong cruise ship/dates. 

Just an FYI, I have gotten several military discounts on Celebrity cruises. 

6 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have never received a military discount on any RCI cruise. I assume they exist since it is an option on the website and people have mentioned getting one like in this thread, but I guess I always pick the wrong cruise ship/dates. 

Just an FYI, I have gotten several military discounts on Celebrity cruises. 

In thirty-five years of cruising, I only applied for one military discount on Royal which was worth about 10% off of the cruise but conditioned that with non-refundable deposit. I had insurance and knew, short of something going catastrophic, we would make that cruise. I took it and saved some money.

Maybe once in my lifetime considering my cruise experiences.

TA's pricing is so good that I have never been able to get a price adjustment on any of my cruises to date.

I am hoping this changes because I might have lost my house on a bet about the timeline of the Baltimore shipping channel. I need all of the discounts I can get!

😬