Amex offer $150 back on $750 at Carnival

First time I have had this offer in over a year.  Check your Amex offer for $150 back if you spend $750 or more for a Carnival cruise.  It was on all of my personal amex cards.  Best of luck.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gregoryfo said:

First time I have had this offer in over a year.  Check your Amex offer for $150 back if you spend $750 or more for a Carnival cruise.  It was on all of my personal amex cards.  Best of luck.  

Are any of them the Delta AmEx?

4 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Are any of them the Delta AmEx?

Blue Cash preferred and Hilton.  One per social security number, so if you add to the blue Cash the Hilton goes away.  However, we are a family of four and the wife and kids have authorized user cards that contained the offer so I was able to add four offers - it will be $600 off $3k.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, shof515 said:

where do you see this? i dont see this on my amex account

When you log into your amex account you will see your balance.  Below that there are offers that you can add to your account.  This was one of the hundred offers on there.  

5 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

I have the Hilton card and don't see it, so they must be targeted offers in some way.

Yes, they are always targeted but while you can only see 100 offers at a time, there are many more.  Add some and then refresh, it will reset to 100 offers.  Keep adding random offers until less than 100 are listed

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Yes, they are always targeted but while you can only see 100 offers at a time, there are many more.  Add some and then refresh, it will reset to 100 offers.  Keep adding random offers until less than 100 are listed

Good tip - thanks!

Got my $$ back for our AMEX Everyday card.  We also have the Delta AMEX which it was not available on.  Thank you Gregoryfo for the heads up.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just purchased cheers, internet and a  massage - the charge comes up as carnival cruise Line, not fun shops. 

let’s see what happens.. if not final payment is 4/20 and will use the Amex then. 

but I have a feeling I’ll have the credit by then

Edited by Stick93

11 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Just purchased cheers, internet and a  massage - the charge comes up as carnival cruise Line, not fun shops. 

let’s see what happens.. if not final payment is 4/20 and will use the Amex then. 

but I have a feeling I’ll have the credit by then

Please let me know how this works out. 

Our cruise is paid in full but we would like to use the AmEx offer for either cheers or gratuities.

25 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

from what i noticed with my credit card, the pending authorization charge will say carnival then once the charged gets posted it will say carnival fun shop or some other carnival thing 

This has worked for us in past with no issues, we purchased several items after final payment was made and we received the statement credit.  Have done this with AMEX and Chase Sapphire Reserve cards.

I have the offer on my Blue Cash card, too bad I booked my cruise just a few weeks ago with payment in full.

Will onboard charges count towards this? Or should I prepay my gratuities now? It will be about $700 between 4 cruisers... 

For a past NCL offer, booking an excursions online did trigger the credit. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

This has worked for us in past with no issues, we purchased several items after final payment was made and we received the statement credit.  Have done this with AMEX and Chase Sapphire Reserve cards.

I looked at the details and it says this is not covered. We shall see - I believe like you this has worked in the past 

Posted (edited)

From past carnival offers we have had success by paying on the cruise (obviously), by paying gratuities, internet, and by booking excursions.  Basically everything has worked for us.  We are not drinkers so I do not know about cheers charges.  

For Royal Caribbean offers we have only been successful for paying on the cruise.  Their excursions and internet code differently and we have not gotten the offer.   

Edited by Gregoryfo
typo

On 4/1/2024 at 10:09 PM, StephPS79 said:

Good tip - thanks!

I just add my offers every couple of days, so a long list to add never builds up - and the off chance I miss one and then miss free $$ or points!