"LIVE' from Celebrity BEYOND - April 12th, 2024 Sailing: 10-night Ultimate Caribbean!

Now the ship just shook and rumbled. 

My boyfriend felt that. He's like, 'What was that?'   I said, 'Oh, you felt that?' 😂   ...since the rocking he is acting like it's just me who feels it.  Funny guy. 😝

🍹

6 minutes ago, vickykay said:

Do they tell you in the daily what the theme will be for lunch in the OV cafe?  Thanks!

Let me look.  I'll also post them.

🍹

Day 4.  St. Maarten 

Good morning!  We are docked.  The plan is to get off the ship @ 10:00am.  4 of us will, my mom and dad are staying on to relax and enjoy the ship.

We've all been here before so that feeling you have to do it all, we don't. 😉

Going to take the water taxi over to Philipsburg and we have plans there.  

Details to come.

The ship isn't rocking like it was last night 😉 since we're docked.  Hehe

We're here until 5:00pm, all aboard 4:30pm.  I believe we are the only ship in port today. 

Current temperature is 78° with 82° humidity. 

🍹

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, vickykay said:

Do they tell you in the daily what the theme will be for lunch in the OV cafe?  Thanks!

Yes!  In the Celebrity Today on the single sheet that is double-sided where the hours are for food venues.

🍹

Screenshot_20240415_084425_PhotoEditor.thumb.jpg.ff56798e3c7847157bb7ce1e3be654e6.jpg

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, vickykay said:

There is also monitor as you enter the buffet that shows what the daily themes will be for the entire cruise.   It may take a few minutes of watching to get to the screen that shows it.   I would suggest having your phone ready to take a photo when it pops up.   I think it is near the  port side entrance 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In St Maarten you should try walking to town instead of taking the water taxi.   It is a 1/2 mile walk.    Along the way you can see mountain goats in the cliff on the opposite side of the road.  Crabs and etc in the draining ditch along the walkway.   There are a few beverage stands, and also people with coolers selling beer, and other drinks for a few dollars to drink along the way.  

There is also a cheese store that provides samples.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

Well, we got rained on in St. Maarten after lunch. More than a drizzle.  Will give details with what we did but right now I decided to come to the Retreat Pool since I look like a drowned 🐀 rat... 😂  before I take a shower.  

It stopped raining so I thought...why not.

I bring my own umbrella on trips plus the cabin has two. Guess where they were when it was raining?  In the cabin. 🌧 🌂 ☂️ 😆

Nice and empty up here.  The water is a bit Chilly but I'm staying in. 😉  It has warmed up or I've gotten used to it.

Frozen Peach Banana Daiquiri with Malibu. 🍑🍌   Mmm...   I always make up my own flavor combinations. 🥰

🍹

20240415_150050.thumb.jpg.431c10db53312261b5379d2428f8a0ae.jpg

20240415_150103.thumb.jpg.5e0b94c0dc4b8e250b3e5a210134e9f4.jpg

20240415_145928.thumb.jpg.0deb23be04cd7aa968e8c1cb448274bd.jpg

20240415_145930.thumb.jpg.8029498a8fdb0c504575645ff6220db5.jpg

20240415_145932.thumb.jpg.de8d01a300e6e7d3d06ddd32ea4e541c.jpg

20240415_145935.thumb.jpg.752a88b35bc39b92faf287b67fa0ace6.jpg

20240415_145938.thumb.jpg.5362f1bb45b4b66a6928be194b2ee7e4.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Well, we got rained on in St. Maarten after lunch. More than a drizzle.  Will give details with what we did but right now I decided to come to the Retreat Pool since I look like a drowned 🐀 rat... 😂  before I take a shower.  

It stopped raining so I thought...why not.

I bring my own umbrella on trips plus the cabin has two. Guess where they were when it was raining?  In the cabin. 🌧 🌂 ☂️ 😆

Nice and empty up here.  The water is a bit Chilly but I'm staying in. 😉  It has warmed up or I've gotten used to it.

Frozen Peach Banana Daiquiri with Malibu. 🍑🍌   Mmm...   I always make up my own flavor combinations. 🥰

🍹

20240415_150050.thumb.jpg.431c10db53312261b5379d2428f8a0ae.jpg

20240415_150103.thumb.jpg.5e0b94c0dc4b8e250b3e5a210134e9f4.jpg

20240415_145928.thumb.jpg.0deb23be04cd7aa968e8c1cb448274bd.jpg

20240415_145930.thumb.jpg.8029498a8fdb0c504575645ff6220db5.jpg

20240415_145932.thumb.jpg.de8d01a300e6e7d3d06ddd32ea4e541c.jpg

20240415_145935.thumb.jpg.752a88b35bc39b92faf287b67fa0ace6.jpg

20240415_145938.thumb.jpg.5362f1bb45b4b66a6928be194b2ee7e4.jpg

Looks like you have it to yourself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Looks like you have it to yourself.

great review.. sorry about the rain and the creaking and rocking!   I'd be drinking ginger ale!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I’m so sad to not be there…lol…I’m on vacation this week but at home. 😞

Being on vacation is always nice. 🥰

🍹

1 minute ago, hcat said:

great review.. sorry about the rain and the creaking and rocking!   I'd be drinking ginger ale!

Thanks.  =).  We said thankfully we didn't have anything big planned/excursions since we've all been before plus our next 3 days are planned out so it was nice to have a more spontaneous with a slight plan kind of day.  Yes, I'd prefer no rain but we said we have a sea day now once back onboard and a nice ship to come back to.

🍹

• Like 1

Stung by a bee while in the pool!  Once when I was little and now.  Felt something.  Looked down and saw the bee. Shooed him away and then saw the stinger in my chest.  Pulled it out.  Ouch!  Talk about pain.  Got a little panicky.  Out of the water. Texted everyone. Went to cabin. Called for some ice. My dad also brought me ice.  Washed it with soap and water.   The welting has gone down a bit. Warm and red.  After I shower I will assess if I need to go to medical but I think I'm OK and not allergic like my dad is.  He does have an epi pen with him. It is starting to sting a bit, nothing like when it happened. 

🐝

Our friend as we were leaving lunch in St. Maarten she skinned her leg.  Bleeding.  I was going to bring band-aids with me today and didn't!   Restaurant didn't have a first aid kit. They were so nonchalant as she was sitting there bleeding. I had antibacterial wipes and clean napkins.  Once she got it to stop/slow down we left.  Found a store with band-aids, small but at least a band-aid.  Then after the water taxi back, in port found more things.  She brought first aid items but wanted to get more.  We said she should go to medical to have them clean it out.  She said she will be fine.  

🍹

• Like 1

We travel with benadryl..good for bee stings, coral scratches, insects..can't hurt to have med on board clean it out.  My husb got a few stings at once last yr...very aggressive bees and the swelling was there for weeks!

I worry in pools if one lays back to float..got it in the neck once!.

We travel with a first aid kit but your friend's experience  is a good reminder to bring a few things along in ports..beyond a  band aid!  ( esp if one bleeds easily!)

31 minutes ago, hcat said:

We travel with benadryl..good for bee stings, coral scratches, insects..can't hurt to have med on board clean it out.  My husb got a few stings at once last yr...very aggressive bees and the swelling was there for weeks!

I worry in pools if one lays back to float..got it in the neck once!.

We travel with a first aid kit but your friend's experience  is a good reminder to bring a few things along in ports..beyond a  band aid!  ( esp if one bleeds easily!)

Yes. I have a lot of first aid items I bring too, besides band-aids and neosporin.

I was going to put some band-aids in my bag this morning and didn't.  They are going in for tomorrow.  I should have packed my bag last night and didn't because it wasn't a super early start.  Lesson learned. 

Yikes!   Multiple stings at once! 

🍹

• Like 1

on another topic...I saw something in the Daily about IV nutrient remedies on board..

We would never do that on land or sea but seems spa is expanding beyond teeth whitening and acupuncture.  I stick mostly to Facials and Swedish Massage.

Wonder if they get alot of business for  the other stuff!

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

on another topic...I saw something in the Daily about IV nutrient remedies on board..

We would never do that on land or sea but seems spa is expanding beyond teeth whitening and acupuncture.  I stick mostly to Facials and Swedish Massage.

Wonder if they get alot of business for  the other stuff!

They had the IV's sitting out in the reception area the other day!   I thought ...this is odd on a ship.

🍹