"LIVE' from Celebrity BEYOND - April 12th, 2024 Sailing: 10-night Ultimate Caribbean!

4 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Packing Notes

When checking more than one bag I distribute everything evenly between the two so I don't have all, say shorts in one bag and all shirts in the other.  

Why?  In case one is delayed.   

I'm not a packing cube person.  I know people love them and I can see how they are helpful but when you bring what I do and need to get it all in, I have become very creative with a combination of rolling, folding, you name it. 😂

My carry-on has 'Must Have' items.  There are clothes that will be shifted to the checked bags for going home which in turn gives some room for souvenirs.  If I buy any type of liquor (from islands) that of course goes in a checked bag. 

Since staying at a hotel pre-cruise, I make sure what I need is easily accessible but with 2 nights, I'm going to have to dig a little deeper in my suitcases.  Hehe

Why do I have so much?  I honestly would love to bring more.  Clothes. I need multiple outfits for each day.  Not being able to wash clothes and being in a hot climate, I don't wear shorts twice. Plus, I like the way they fit and feel from just being washed/dried (hung or dryer).  A skirt for dinner?  That's easy to wear twice.  I normally wouldn't but on a cruise I only have it on for a few hours.  I will send at least one bag of laundry out and there are items I'll wash in the sink.

One item I have cut back on: Shoes.  My first cruise, I brought 10 different pairs.  10!  ...for a 4-night cruise. 😂   I learned.  I don't bring that many now, even for a 10-night cruise. 

Toiletries.   I have many.  I'll leave it at that. 🤣

🍹

I’ve worked to reduce shoes as well.  I’m with you on the multiple outfits but I can usually make it happen in a carry on sized suitcase if we are talking a few days (7 plus is hard.) It’s also way easier if it’s a bathing suit vaca…

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 6:34 PM, PinkSandGirl said:

Yes.  That's what we're thinking.  Her 90 days will fall during our sailing.  

Thank You!   =).

Nice, you were did the same itinerary.  

🍹

Yes, it's her last sailing before her vacation. We were on the March 22nd sailing, same itinerary. Make sure you attend Captain Kate's question and answer session in the theater. Ours was on the last sea day and lasted an hour. The place was packed! Our friends will be on your cruise. Enjoy!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, newtampagirl said:

Yes, it's her last sailing before her vacation. We were on the March 22nd sailing, same itinerary. Make sure you attend Captain Kate's question and answer session in the theater. Ours was on the last sea day and lasted an hour. The place was packed! Our friends will be on your cruise. Enjoy!

Day 81 on you tube, says she extended her contract for another couple of weeks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Packing Notes

When checking more than one bag I distribute everything evenly between the two so I don't have all, say shorts in one bag and all shirts in the other.  

Why?  In case one is delayed.   

I'm not a packing cube person.  I know people love them and I can see how they are helpful but when you bring what I do and need to get it all in, I have become very creative with a combination of rolling, folding, you name it. 😂

My carry-on has 'Must Have' items.  There are clothes that will be shifted to the checked bags for going home which in turn gives some room for souvenirs.  If I buy any type of liquor (from islands) that of course goes in a checked bag. 

Since staying at a hotel pre-cruise, I make sure what I need is easily accessible but with 2 nights, I'm going to have to dig a little deeper in my suitcases.  Hehe

Why do I have so much?  I honestly would love to bring more.  Clothes. I need multiple outfits for each day.  Not being able to wash clothes and being in a hot climate, I don't wear shorts twice. Plus, I like the way they fit and feel from just being washed/dried (hung or dryer).  A skirt for dinner?  That's easy to wear twice.  I normally wouldn't but on a cruise I only have it on for a few hours.  I will send at least one bag of laundry out and there are items I'll wash in the sink.

One item I have cut back on: Shoes.  My first cruise, I brought 10 different pairs.  10!  ...for a 4-night cruise. 😂   I learned.  I don't bring that many now, even for a 10-night cruise. 

Toiletries.   I have many.  I'll leave it at that. 🤣

🍹

Kelly

Travel Safely

IMG_1101.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Just pushed back.  Did I say I get nervous when flying?   Especially take-off.  Used to love it when I was little. 

I pray, make the sign of the cross ✝️ 🙏 and hope all is well. 

Here we go!

Next stop...Fort Lauderdale,  FL.

🍹

• Like 4

Hello from 34,000 feet +- above.  

Some turbulence along the way.   Have to stay seated.  Friendly flight crew.  I feel us descenting already.  The pilot is getting us in way early.  We ate. Have had some cocktails.  They are out of Woodford now between my dad and I and another guy in the cabin. 😂

A rainbow.  Saw multiple ones.  Did you know they are circles from above?  I learned that when I was in Maui.

🍹

20240410_191020.thumb.jpg.346918898e06f5ede6bd436345f60ba0.jpg

• Like 6

So excited for you. We met you on our October 22 beyond  cruise when I recognized you from your postings! I said are you pink sand girl!? We met you and your parents and bf!  We are sailing on the 27th on the Apex and then the Apex trans with future cruise credit as well! I

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hotel

All checked in.  Nice like the last time we stayed.  Very accommodating and friendly.  

Le Meridien Dania Beach.  

It may be by the airport but you wouldn't know it/think so.  

I'll post room pics that I took but wanted something to snack on so came to the lobby bar for a snack and cocktail.

🍹

Espresso Martini - for me

20240410_224519.thumb.jpg.2e013211b068cc41f92ec1fbcd2a2213.jpg

Ocho Old Fashioned - for my dad 

20240410_224559.thumb.jpg.7e4515880f60c8e1a44ce12d8e12e33a.jpg

Grilled Chicken Panini

20240410_225403.thumb.jpg.125977808328e2fb896063a405c1d5b0.jpg

Bar Hotel Sign

20240410_230536.thumb.jpg.10f2c97662dddaf2bc088adfedfa4419.jpg

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 8

Posted (edited)

Good morning from sunny, breezy Fort Lauderdale!  Some clouds come and go.

It was morning when I started typing this. 😉

I fell asleep before setting my alarm but woke up when my mom called.  Slept well.  They were getting ready and then going to check out the Club Breakfast.  I quickly got ready - an achievement for me 😆.

Didn't know if the options would be enough but it was.  Friendly service.

After we sat for a bit and talked we came to the lobby to check in for tonight's stay.  Same rooms.  (When I originally booked, it was just for tonight).  Since then we have been hanging out in the lobby talking and enjoying some drinks.

It is surprisingly not crazy hot or humid.   It wasn't last night either. 

Update: I have tried typing this up a few times now. 😉

Our wonderful family friend was picked up at 2:00pm and she is on her way to Naples.  We'll meet back up on the 22nd.

My mom and dad have some luggage rearranging they are doing. I have some computer work and then want some pool time.  My boyfriend is en route.  I didn't tell that story yesterday.  I will. 😉

Palm Trees when I opened the curtains this morning! 🌴  ❤️

20240411_085631.thumb.jpg.2c0a615c9719b6e2a63c698f8dad50de.jpg

Will post more pics and also give travel day details.

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 4

Pre-Cruise Arrival 

We used to fly in the morning of.  Never had a problem but can't imagine doing that now. 

Then started arriving the day/night before.

I have to say, I like the 2 day before arrangement.  Today isn't a crazy, frantic day. 🥳

🍹

• Like 1

your Dania Beach hotel seems better than the Wyndhan, Dania Beach where we stayed..

It was on the main road.. traffic buzzed by as we walked to the only  restaurant nearby (it was excllent) Hotel was  not really  worth  $300/ night we paid in January. Not the greatest neighborhood.. old and seedy.

The semi roof top pool was not appealing...so we just bided our time while waiting to check in and then left as soon as we could the next day

We skipped the pricey bkfst buffet set out in a bar/ counter..ugh! At least they sold us a bagel with our coffee. Spirit  Airline staff stays there so maybe that's why it was  not very  big on any luxuries or amenities.

It was a  convenient but winding, drive into the port, but we would not stay there again!  We are booked near the Convention Center  and 17th St. next!

Hope your stay and boarding go well

Palm trees 🌴 - I could sure use some of those in my view right now!  Miserable rainy day, here in S. Ontario, and not much greenery to speak of yet.  Enjoy your pre-cruise stay!

~Bernadette

• Like 1

Following along. We're on our first Celebrity cruise on Beyond in July. The wind has been non stop here since last October. No humidity yet, it's been so nice but I dread what is to come. Have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Back in Time - Travel Day.  Wednesday, April 10th, 2024

There were supposed to be 5 of us flying but there were 4.  My boyfriend, on Monday, decided he didn't want to fly so he took the train.  He is still currently on it due to weather delays along the way.  His ETA is now 9:12pm.  Over the years he has become very NOT fond of flying and after our flight experience last year, he was way too nervous so decided he couldn't fly.  He is currently still booked for the return flight though. 

Mercedes Sprinter picked us up.  Nice driver.  Huge vehicle!  The driver said it was good we had that for the luggage. 😂   We have the same vehicle for when we go home.  The limo/car service is one we've used before. Very happy with them.  Nice drivers, safe and vehicles are clean and new.  

Traffic wasn't bad at all getting to the airport.   

PHL - Philadelphia International Airport 

We flew out of Terminal C.  All of our luggage was unloaded. Thanked the driver and in we went.   Question: Why do doorways into places, like an airport, have a lip to get in?  The luggage does not wheel properly over the threshold...especially when you have 3 suitcases you are wheeling. 😆

The counters and kiosks were closed in C so we went to B (right next to it).  It was SO busy.  Looked for Priority.  All the way at the other end.  The kiosks weren't working properly in the Priority section. 2 people working at the counter.  Once we got up there, the guy was very efficient and friendly.  Our friend had a wheelchair assist noted in the reservation.  A gentleman came right over.  Verified where we were going and we were all able to go. He took us to an elevator. Asked if we needed to use the bathroom. He said it was nuts upstairs. Hehe.  Little did we know for ourselves. 

The elevator opened right up to TSA.  He took her and us to a separate line.  It took awhile to get through because they were really looking at everything (via the scanner).  I'm fine with that as long as they do that for everyone going through - want to be safe!

We passed 😄 (except our friend had an expensive shower gel taken).  I gave her baggage guidelines to follow. 😉  The bottle wasn't full so she thought that would be OK but the bottle size was larger than allowable so that's a no go.

We arrived to Gate C22.  The airport was SO busy yesterday. SO busy!   We didn't go to the Admirals Club due to time and location. 

I went searching for evian.  No where.  The stores that previously had it, did not.  Bought another brand.  I then found a Starbucks to get an Iced Tea.  My mom and dad each went to get a drink and snack.  

Boarding was on time. (The plane arrived just before we got to the gate).  Group 1 boarding 6:16pm.  

This post is already a book 😄 so I'll start a new one that picks up with boarding.  😉

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 2