"LIVE' from Celebrity BEYOND - April 12th, 2024 Sailing: 10-night Ultimate Caribbean!

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

PinkSandGirl was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Hi!  I don't know about you but part of the fun and excitement of a trip is the planning and anticipation!  🎉  This 10-night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise sets sail on Friday, April 12th, 2024 on Celebrity Beyond. 🚢  We fly to Fort Lauderdale on April 10th. ✈️

I was asked on Monday if I was stressed out and I said, 'At the moment, No...but it will be coming!'. 🤣   Well, the panicky stress started to set-in last night.  😆 

My lists 🗒  have lists 📑  and there is so much still to do.  It will all get done since I do some of my best work last minute.  🤩  I plan and I'm organized but there are things that always seem to be done last minute.  I must like it though since it's a recurring theme.  😆

I am starting this 'Live' - hope to be Live rather than Live-ish 😉, 1 week before we fly since this time next week I'll be...let's just say crazy.  A good crazy though.  😂   I've attempted 'Lives' twice but ship internet was a hindrance and with all of the pictures and information I wanted to post, my intentions of getting those 'Lives' finished, just didn't happen.  I enjoy reading the many 'Lives' here and when some don't get finished it's like a cliffhanger.  I'm thinking 3rd times a charm. 😉  This will be a proper 'Live From'. 🥰

If you enjoy the pre-cruise details then follow along as I prepare to embark on Celebrity Beyond for the 2nd time.   If you prefer to hear cruise only details then come back on April 12th. 😉

Kelly =).
PinkSandGirl
🍹
  • Like 13

Posted (edited)

Following along! We were on Beyond in February and I started my “live” a few days before cruise day also. I find the planning and anticipation fun…. We had the premium wifi and uploading pictures was no problem.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

10-night Ultimate Caribbean Itinerary 

April 12th - Day 1: Fort Lauderdale 

April 13th - Day 2: At Sea

April 14th - Day 3: At Sea

April 15th - Day 4: St. Maarten

April 16th - Day 5: St. Lucia

April 17th - Day 6: Barbados

April 18th - Day 7: Antigua

April 19th - Day 8: St. Kitts

April 20th - Day 9: At Sea

April 21st - Day 10: At Sea

April 22nd - Day 11: Fort Lauderdale 

🍹

I wanted to post the map with the route but the sailing has been pulled from the website for some time now and I can't find the map that shows the route. 

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Thanks 5

❤️ of Cruising 

My love of the idea of cruising came from watching The Love Boat.  I still like watching it.  😉  On my first cruise, Royal Caribbean, I wondered where the streamers were (not really, I knew that wasn't going to be done but I would welcome streamers). 😉    It was a wonderful cruise.  I loved every minute of it! ❤️  I took family along with people from work/helped with business during my first year.  It was a 4-night cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas.  It may have been only 4 nights but it didn't fly by.  Now I feel like the longer they are, the quicker they go by.  Doesn't make sense.  🤣   For many years I cruised with Royal Caribbean.  We always had a great time but we started noticing some changes that when added up it was time to try another line.  Celebrity it was and it has been since.

Celebrity
I started with S-class and love S-class.  I wasn't fond of the idea of the Edge when it came out.  Fast forward to October '21.  First cruise after lockdown...Equinox.  Great time.  One day during the Mixology Class at The World Class Bar there was talk of the Beyond.  I started hearing more about it and was intrigued.  For how disinterested I was with the Edge & Apex, I was super excited about the Beyond!  🥰

We sailed on Celebrity Beyond for her first regular sailing from the U.S.A. in October '22.  9-night from Cape Liberty to Fort Lauderdale with Bermuda, Aruba & Curacao in between.

Are there things I miss from S-class?  Yes.

Are there things I like about the Beyond?  Yes.

Are there things I would change on the Beyond?  Yes.

However, we had a great time and loved the Sky Suites so when looking at a cruise for this year...the Beyond pulled ahead among the options!

I am very much looking forward to sailing again on Celebrity Beyond.  😃

It doesn't matter how many times I sail, that feeling of walking and knowing you're about to step foot onboard, it NEVER gets old.  Never!  🎉

Plus, the people you cruise with makes it all that more special and really is the best part.  That'll be up next! ❤️

🍹
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

🍹

I wanted to post the map with the route but the sailing has been pulled from the website for some time now and I can't find the map that shows the route. 

Will this help?

image.jpeg.be70eed4c37cff4d6dd006f762e0fce6.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I hope the wifi works well for you as I’d love to follow along!

29 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Following along! We were on Beyond in February and I started my “live” a few days before cruise day also. I find the planning and anticipation fun…. We had the premium wifi and uploading pictures was no problem.

I have the Premium WiFi as well.  Had it last time on the Beyond, with Starlink, but kept having problems with getting knocked off and Cruise Critic not loading properly.   I was able to post at times but it wasn't consistent.  

🤞 It works well this time.

🍹

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

Will be following along!  We just got off the Beyond end of March.  

Were you on the 10-night or 11-night Itinerary? 

🍹

34 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

I love the planning and anticipation!  😍 

It's all part of every vacation.

🍹

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Any plans for excursions on them?

Yes.  Getting off at each port.  1 ship excursion and the others I planned. 

I'll post details below.  😀

🍹

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

🍹

This is our exact itinerary in November on Beyond!  Really excited to join you on this Live from…

• Like 1

Who' Cruising?

☆ My mom and dad.  

☆ My boyfriend and I.

☆ Family friends.

Our family friends.  They are seasoned cruisers but this will be our first cruise together.  In recent years they tried Celebrity and have been on a few S-class ships. 

🍹

• Like 3

My mom and dad both have 'milestone' birthdays this year along with a milestone Wedding Anniversary!  Our one family friend, his birthday will be during the cruise and he's excited since he's never cruised on his birthday.

🎉

• Like 2

Cabin.  Sky Suites - bed faces the water.   I'll post our cabin #'s after we get off.

We had the same category last time but chose different cabins this time.  I can be a creature of habit and like the same cabin/location but... Yes, our cabins made some noises but that's not why we chose different ones.  Both cabins had an issue with the drain/trap in the bathroom. Overflow. Bad smell.  I'll leave it at that.  I know this can happen anywhere but in case it's an issue for that area, we chose a different area this time.  😉

My mom and dad's cabin and mine.  Right next to each other. Always book this way.  We get the balcony dividers opened.

Our family friends.  They booked way after us (they didn't think they were able to go) and have an infinite veranda. They have bids in for Sky & Aqua Sky Suites.  🤞 I hope they get it since the whole Retreat/non-Retreat will be something we'll have to work around.  We shall see...

I love the window that looks out!  That view. ❤️. It was a bit cloudy that day before leaving Bermuda.

Screenshot_20240403_221556_Message.thumb.jpg.6fe91ce1395e9119c9efeb6b937ea144.jpg

🍹

• Like 6

Happy planning!  I will be following along from now and all the way through.  Looking forward to your Live report.  Nothing has been usual about Florida’s weather so far this year, but April is almost always beautiful and balmy, but not too balmy.  We finally try an Edge-class vessel later this year in a Sunset Verandah.

• Like 1

Booking Date

Booked the beginning of February '23 - used Future Cruise Passages that we got from the Beyond in October '22.

Originally Our Sailing was going to be the last sailing before the Beyond went to Europe for the season but Celebrity decided to keep the Beyond in the U.S.A. so the Beyond will continue sailing from Fort Lauderdale. 

I like having a cruise on the 'books'.  I would definitely love to cruise more than once a year but I take other types of vacations throughout the year.

In 2023 I didn't cruise.  Had a lot of other trips and things going on so it was hard to schedule. 

Yay!!! to it being cruise time again! 🥳

🍹

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Happy planning!  I will be following along from now and all the way through.  Looking forward to your Live report.  Nothing has been usual about Florida’s weather so far this year, but April is almost always beautiful and balmy, but not too balmy.  We finally try an Edge-class vessel later this year in a Sunset Verandah.

Hi!  Paul!   Happy to have you along.  🥰

Yes, I remember you saying you have the Beyond booked.  People love the Sunset Verandahs!   Our friends tried getting one when they booked and I was checking daily to see if one was available, but no.

I just started looking at the forecast for Florida and the islands.  

Hi! to Tim.

CoCo 😉

🍹

We jumped on the SVs not long after the redeployment was announced and while Always Included still included gratuities.  Gotta love those SVs with real balconies.  Pricing was tolerable enough.  So much so that I convinced two other couples to come along, including Rosie and Pete.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Changes with Celebrity 

When we booked, the 4 Retreat perks were still what many of us had been accustomed to: Onboard Credit, Gratuities, Premium Beverage Package & Premium Internet.  

Butler.  I'm sure many of you know the Butler saga that has unfolded, changed, etc... Our Butler last time was wonderful.  I'm going in with an open mind.   We aren't demanding and don't ask for very much. Last time, she kept wanting to do more.  I like doing things myself (like bookings, etc...).  I prefer evian stocked and my boyfriend a glass of pineapple juice.  People that know me 'may' say I can be high maintenance at times 🤣 but see, I'm not.  😉  If evian can't be stocked, easy enough...I'll stock it myself.  <I do however think something like water should be stocked regardless of the Butler situation>.

Food. 

Based on reviews there seemed to be a decline in the food overall (from when I last sailed) and less choices but it has taken an upswing.  Food is subjective.  I admit I am picky or as a friend of mine says, I'm particular.  Luminae: Honestly I wasn't in awe with it.  Food and service.  I enjoyed it for the most part and there were some dishes and desserts that I still talk about but our last sailing, I think it was off though.  

When we started sailing with Celebrity we were very happy with the food.  That was the Main Dining Room, casual places, Blu and specialty.  I do hope the food is still good.  Again, going in with the outlook of it being good. 

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 3