stockperks app for shareholders' OBC

13 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I am assuming that that Stockperks have access to Carnival's list of shareholders which should give your name and address and number of shares.  I believe that this would be public property as I worked in the stockbroking business.

Next time I have to apply for the Shareholder's OBC, the site will probably tell me if I have to up-load an up-dated statement of shareholding. Anyway, it should go easier for me next time. I hope so anyway.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The T&C's state that the current OBC arrangement is in place till the end of 2024. Just curious if anyone has had any applied via Stockperks for 2025 dates?

I have applied for a Carnival cruise next month, and it seems to be in progress as expected. As an Aussie, we have no choice but to upload our statement. We are unable to provide our brokerage account login for them to access. All they get from me is name name and address and the knowledge of my Carnival shareholding. If I can request 2025 dates, I can knock over a few with the currently uploaded statement.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, arxcards said:

The T&C's state that the current OBC arrangement is in place till the end of 2024. Just curious if anyone has had any applied via Stockperks for 2025 dates?

I have applied for a Carnival cruise next month, and it seems to be in progress as expected. As an Aussie, we have no choice but to upload our statement. We are unable to provide our brokerage account login for them to access. All they get from me is name name and address and the knowledge of my Carnival shareholding. If I can request 2025 dates, I can knock over a few with the currently uploaded statement.

I have never applied for shareholder benefit until after final pay, which is somewhere between 60 and 90 days for the length of cruises I book.  My first 2025 cruise will be in March, so will not apply for OBC until January or so.

Charlotte

24 minutes ago, Trash Queen said:

I have never applied for shareholder benefit until after final pay, which is somewhere between 60 and 90 days for the length of cruises I book.  My first 2025 cruise will be in March, so will not apply for OBC until January or so.

Charlotte

Thanks Charlotte.

I had one to claim for next month, so thought it would be nice to tick boxes on some other cruises early next year and get them out of the way.

I did try with the app last night, and it stated to comeback in November for 2025 cruises. All good, I will take care of them then. It can be useful to lock OBC in early when you can use it to pay for tours, specialty restaurant bookings etc.

So uploaded the app yesterday and provided a stock report for the shares, applied for the OBC on the applicable 2 cruises this year and got accepted for both this afternoon. Much quicker and better system as we now have separate evidence that the OBC was applied to the cruise.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

So uploaded the app yesterday and provided a stock report for the shares, applied for the OBC on the applicable 2 cruises this year and got accepted for both this afternoon. Much quicker and better system as we now have separate evidence that the OBC was applied to the cruise.

For multi cruises, it will be a breeze. I am certainly happy enough using it. Our next batch will be for 3 cruises, almost S2S2S, for Carnival, Princess and P&O. It will be much easier than sending 3 separate emails.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, arxcards said:

For multi cruises, it will be a breeze. I am certainly happy enough using it. Our next batch will be for 3 cruises, almost S2S2S, for Carnival, Princess and P&O. It will be much easier than sending 3 separate emails.

This lot was for August and December so the within 3 months doesn't apply either.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

This lot was for August and December so the within 3 months doesn't apply either.

I think that had mostly gone by the wayside already. They introduced that when they were chopping & changing post-covid itineraries while also being short staffed. One of our Princess ones was applied 5 months out late last year.

I am hoping I can also add all of our 2025 cruises in one go.

• Like 2

We recently used the Stockperks app for the first time. Like always, I read NUMEROUS posts here on CC about the pros and cons of the Stockperks app. Some of the info was good, some of it was people spouting off in frustration about the difficulty of the app, info requested, etc. Yes, I had some difficulty as well with the app in the beginning. Once our broker's statement was accepted, it took about 48 hours for the approval of the stock statement. For the redemption, it took about 3 days for the OBC to be credited to our account. I read that the broker statement approval is good for a year so there is no need to upload it again for future OBC requests within a year. Now that I understand how to navigate the app, going forward I won't have the difficulty of the first time. The OBC is a great perk and since we cruise often it is well worth it for us. Wish we had done this sooner.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mycruiseobsession said:

All this talk about stock OBC perks has given me FOMO 🤣

I always think about buying shares but that's where it stays. Usually I end up just spending on another  cruise 

8 hours ago, JJK2008 said:

…The OBC is a great perk and since we cruise often it is well worth it for us. Wish we had done this sooner.  

I'm new to the world of investing but came into a small inheritance that needed to be put somewhere to help fund our retirement. A relative urged me to buy shares so that’s what I ended up doing with some of it. The Carnival Corporation shares were the first ones I bought and yes, it was daunting. A little more complex as they are international shares. As with many things the thought of doing it was worse than actually doing it. Sometimes you’ve just gotta rip off the bandaid!.

I'm no day-trader and have no plans to sell my measly 100 shares while we’re able to keep cruising (hopefully another 30 years or so) and while they keep paying onboard credit. Hopefully by the time we sell they will have appreciated in value considerably. Unlike Royal Caribbean shares, the Carnival Corporation share price has not yet recovered from the hit it took during the industry lockdown. 

For us (YMMV) I think it’s worth owning the shares. We tend to take a couple of cruises a year so are getting a decent return and are confident that the shares will appreciate in time. JMHO

There's some discussion on share prices on the Cruise Ship Profits thread:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

I think that had mostly gone by the wayside already. They introduced that when they were chopping & changing post-covid itineraries while also being short staffed. One of our Princess ones was applied 5 months out late last year.

I am hoping I can also add all of our 2025 cruises in one go.

Likewise 

• Like 1

As an investment the CCL shares may not be great for everyone, they are not paying dividends atm, and the stock perk can be withdrawn at anytime, and interest rates are at over 5%

However, they are fairly low and if you cruise a few times a year, they may well be a nice investment.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

As an investment the CCL shares may not be great for everyone, they are not paying dividends atm, and the stock perk can be withdrawn at anytime, and interest rates are at over 5%

However, they are fairly low and if you cruise a few times a year, they may well be a nice investment.

I wonder how it would affect the share price if they dropped the free OBC for shareholders. 🤔

Maybe a bunch of "mum & dad" investors would sell, their shares thus sending the price down. On the other hand if they moved the goalposts and required you to have say 200 shares to get the perk, maybe that would send the price up. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Ok seriously thanks for everyone's insights. I have toyed with the idea a few times and imo whilst OBC perk is available  it has the potential to pay for itself  if you are already a regular cruiser.

I always wondered how people claimed the perk and if they use an app etc so this has been an informative thread all FOMO jokes aside!

• Like 4

There are some pretty good internet articles on CCL that outline the stocks past and future. The Motley Fool website has a number of good articles. CCL's growth projections are strong, and it is listed as a Strong Buy. Of course, prices can fluctuate and in the stock market nothing is guaranteed. We just recently purchased our CCL stock to take advantage of the OBC. Shame on us we didn't know much about it and never took the time to check it out further. We lost a lot of years and money. For our recent purchase the shares were around $14.50 USD. A small investment. The stock is already over $16.00 so were ahead of the game and we already have our first OBC credited to our upcoming cruises. All good.         

• Like 3

On today's price, you are looking at around $AU2500 to get the minimum number of 100 CCL shares. Dividends and growth aside, that is 50 short cruises to recoup the value in OBC. That is also money spent, not saved, although it does reduce your onboard spend if you were always going to spend that much regardless.

I have recovered a lot of my $1400 spent, but technically they haven't made me a cent. It will be nice to see some small dividends returning in the next year or so.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, arxcards said:

That is also money spent, not saved, although it does reduce your onboard spend if you were always going to spend that much regardless.

Yes of course.

Lot's of ifs.

If you bought today and it jumped next year to pre-covid values then sold them... $$

If you use the 100 shares to make you feel better about booking more cruises 🥕 💡

If, If, if....

19 minutes ago, arxcards said:

On today's price, you are looking at around $AU2500 to get the minimum number of 100 CCL shares. Dividends and growth aside, that is 50 short cruises to recoup the value in OBC. That is also money spent, not saved, although it does reduce your onboard spend if you were always going to spend that much regardless.

I have recovered a lot of my $1400 spent, but technically they haven't made me a cent. It will be nice to see some small dividends returning in the next year or so.

True but you still own the shares. If they cost you $1,400 and could now sell them for $2,500, then you’ve made a "profit" (capital gain) of $1,100. Of course you can only realise this if you sell your shares. 

8 minutes ago, Mycruiseobsession said:

Yes of course.

Lot's of ifs.

If you bought today and it jumped next year to pre-covid values then sold them... $$

If you use the 100 shares to make you feel better about booking more cruises 🥕 💡

If, If, if....

And some people like to feel like they own part of the ship they’re sailing on. 

Come to think of it, over the years I’ve encountered quite a few passengers who act like they own the ship! 😱

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

I wonder how it would affect the share price if they dropped the free OBC for shareholders. 🤔

Maybe a bunch of "mum & dad" investors would sell, their shares thus sending the price down. On the other hand if they moved the goalposts and required you to have say 200 shares to get the perk, maybe that would send the price up. 🤷‍♂️

Possibly, 'dumb money' can make huge changes to stock pricing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

And some people like to feel like they own part of the ship they’re sailing on. 

Come to think of it, over the years I’ve encountered quite a few passengers who act like they own the ship! 😱

Likewise on both counts. BTW, you don't want to visit the part of the ship I own.

• Haha 3