stockperks app for shareholders' OBC

What a saga that isn't finished yet. First, the app wouldn't accept my Bigpond email so I finally switched to gmail. That worked OK. Of course, with the Easter holiday there has been a week's delay getting approval. It finally came through overnight. Stockperks is in New York.

Now the next step. I have gone into the Stockperks app and put in my booking number (so far so good), then I have to put in the cruise date. there are only three options - April 5 2023, May 6 2024 and June 7 2025. I am not crazy - these are the options the app gives me. There is no way I can change the dates. Our cruise is 3rd May so obviously I can't proceed past this roadblock of the date of the cruise. P&O suggest I email Stockperks which I have done, but I am hoping someone on here might have had the same problem and found a way around it.

Please help if you can.

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Use the old methods via email or call them

You have to be kidding!! I emailed them around 10-11 days ago and received a polite response telling me to go via Stockperks. I responded that I don't have a smartphone and I don't 'do apps'. I received a reply saying that I would have to go through the Stockperks app.

This whole process has taken many hours.

Anyway, I have answered my initial question. We were out for a few hours, during which time I decided I would have one more attempt at the Stockperks app. As I mentioned previously, for the date of the cruise, it gave a month, date and year. When we touched these, pressed them or whatever, nothing happened. Although there was nothing to indicate that I should do so, I scrolled on the date (that was the one that was wrong) and it was like a spinning dial. I managed to get the date correct and complete my application.

• Like 3

Good news that it worked finally. I vaguely remember there being something weird with the dates when we did ours but couldn't remember exactly what.

BTW for future reference for those having problems: you can take a copy of your proof of share ownership to Guest Services once onboard and they will apply the OBC straight away. We had to do that for one of the 2022 cruises we did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Good news that it worked finally. I vaguely remember there being something weird with the dates when we did ours but couldn't remember exactly what.

BTW for future reference for those having problems: you can take a copy of your proof of share ownership to Guest Services once onboard and they will apply the OBC straight away. We had to do that for one of the 2022 cruises we did.

Thanks for the suggestion of going to Guest Services. I hope my application goes through OK and I don't have to do that.

9 hours ago, claudio said:

I used stockperks  2 days ago  already have the credit

So quick

You are lucky. My experience with Stockperks has been one problem after another. When I finally registered then got my stockholding verified I applied for the OBC as I had to. I was stunned to get an email saying that I wasn't eligible because I had booked a discounted fare. What??? I booked following receipt of an email from P&O that would have been sent to probably thousands of people. It wasn't specially discounted. I had to apply to P&O. Anyway, finally today after a couple of weeks, I have got the OBC. The amount of time I have spent on this was far in excess of $100 value. Not happy with the process at all.

• Like 1

Is this a new requirement as normally I attach proof to an e mail and send it to the cruise company and usually get the credit within 1 to 4 days   What is this stockperks thing?

12 hours ago, windsor26 said:

Is this a new requirement as normally I attach proof to an e mail and send it to the cruise company and usually get the credit within 1 to 4 days   What is this stockperks thing?

I also wonder about the safety of attaching your stock broker and all that to Stockperks app.  Just one more place for thieves to hack and take all my stock?  Has anybody checked out the safety of this type of thing?

Charlotte

16 hours ago, windsor26 said:

Princess / P&O have outsourced shareholder OBC requests. Stockers is the name of the company/ app that's the new process.

17 hours ago, windsor26 said:

Yes, it is a new requirement and there is no way around it.

4 hours ago, Trash Queen said:

I also wonder about the safety of attaching your stock broker and all that to Stockperks app.  Just one more place for thieves to hack and take all my stock?  Has anybody checked out the safety of this type of thing?

Charlotte

Before you attach your shareholder's statement, blank out the number of your account. For anyone to take your stock they would need that and probably your PIN number as well. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks everyone   I hate apps and do not use them or my mobile for any financial activities  What a bummer!!    Not even sure how to get the proof document to my phone

Edited by windsor26

15 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Thanks everyone   I hate apps and do not use them or my mobile for any financial activities  What a bummer!!    Not even sure how to get the proof document to my phone

Print it out, blank out the account number, then take a photo of it. 

57 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Print it out, blank out the account number, then take a photo of it. 

How silly of  me  of course!!!!  Thanks  Yvonne

• Like 1

I registered with Stockperks when it started (sometime late last year??) and received OBC for the cruises I had booked up until last month.  I just attached a copy of my last holding statement.  No bank details or anything else.  I am with Comsec so people will probably know the problems we have with getting an up to date statement.

On Thursday I decided to see if I could get OBC for my next cruise so just went in to the app and clicked on redeem and put in my next booking number and date etc.  I didn't have to attach any proof so I assume they can run a check on the share registry since they are in the business.

I applied on Thursday 11th and it was granted yesterday Friday 12th even though the cruise is 6 months away and it is a Princess cruise.  So simple compared to the old way which applied the 3 month rule and always wanted an updated statement.

When I look at the app it lists all of the Carnival ship brands as being eligible for "redemption".  Aida, Carnival, Costa, Cunard, Holland America, P&O UK, P&O Au, Princess and Seabourn.  It does make it easier to apply not having to provide an updated certificate.

Wonder if any other lines will follow suite.

There are other varied companies listed which obviously give shareholder benefits.

3 hours ago, Ondine said:

When I look at the app it lists all of the Carnival ship brands as being eligible for "redemption".  Aida, Carnival, Costa, Cunard, Holland America, P&O UK, P&O Au, Princess and Seabourn.  It does make it easier to apply not having to provide an updated certificate.

Wonder if any other lines will follow suite.

There are other varied companies listed which obviously give shareholder benefits.

If we don't have to provide an up-dated statement of the shareholding, how does Stockperks know that we still own the shares? With the account number blanked out I don't see how they could easily check this, and why should they.

8 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

If we don't have to provide an up-dated statement of the shareholding, how does Stockperks know that we still own the shares? With the account number blanked out I don't see how they could easily check this, and why should they.

There was an option where you could give them your account details, I think. Otherwise I guess you'll have to upload a statement every time you claim the OBC.

No way in these days of Optus & Medicare hacks that I am giving account details to any third party. As well intentioned they may be, I have no recourse against any "hack" of their platform, so I will be sending a redacted statement any time it is required for an OBC request.

Handing over access to your stock holding was how Stockperks worked in the initial days, but many passengers (especially with HAL) had complained that some of their account defaults were being altered to suit Stockperks needs. I am glad I can now forward a redacted facsimile of my current holding, the same as used to be for the cruise lines direct. Even without personal info, they still have your name, email address and knowledge of Carnival share holding which could be used for a convincing phish should your data be accessed. Not much info around in an "About Us" page or data security.

https://www.stockperks.com/terms

https://www.stockperks.com/privacy

20 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am assuming that that Stockperks have access to Carnival's list of shareholders which should give your name and address and number of shares.  I believe that this would be public property as I worked in the stockbroking business.