Question about Bars Open on Ovation of the Seas while docked at Vancouver

Hello, looking forward to going on the Alaska cruise out of Vancouver on RC's Ovation of the Seas. My wife found a post from a cruiser on an NCL ship who posted a sign from last September that basically stated that due to local regulations when cruise ships are docked in Vancouver they are only allowed to open 1 bar/lounge per deck. For our cruise the departure time has been shifted forward to 1 am so we will be at the dock for a long time. One bar per deck will certainly make for a busy bar. I had not heard about this restriction before but have never cruised out of Vancouver either. Is this something that happens with all cruise ships docked at Vancouver?

Thanks

13 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The Canadian regulations have been around for a while, and apply to ALL Canadian ports.  I wouldn't worry about it, you won't be in Vancouver that long. Adjustments can be made.

With our 1 am departure time we'll be in port for all of the first day on the ship. Afternoon and evening on the first day is always busy at the bars. I'm just wondering what it will be like on decks 4 and 5. Schooner Bar is usually packed anyway on departure day. But as you suggest adjustments can be made.

This Canadian rule has been around for a long time. We have often found this to be the case in Victoria and it is not that big of a deal somehow everyone gets served

• Like 1