Costa maya dock broke?

2 hours ago, HoosierCruisers said:

Currently onboard the harmony of the seas. costa Maya had high winds created large waves that damaged the docks cushions should be an easy fix. We had an extra sea day

Thanks for replying to my question. Seems lots onboard are hearing the dock was broken. Still posts asking if it's fixed on my may 6th mariner. Hopefully a one day fix. 

Anyone else have any information if the dock is fixed today?

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Costa Maya has developed into a shanty town, just like Nassau. I don't even get off anymore.

Other than the fact that there are those who have always disliked Nassau and Costa Maya, I don’t see many similarities between the two locations with regards to problems or amenities. 

Costa Maya used to be just a little hole in the wall when the ships started going there.  Absolutely nothing there.  Would grab a taxi to go to Mahahual just to walk around, spend some time on the beach, and have lunch.  

Now...they have put in the mega tourist village, and are still adding on to the back of it.  

Most times we are only there half a day.  Simple walk around, see the birds via the rope walkways, back to the ship for lunch.  

In the past we have indeed gone to Maya Chan...loved it, but been there, done that...too many times.  And the two track road out to it will give your kidneys some grief!  😮 We also did cooking classes in Mahahual with a beautiful couple that hosted in their home (but they have since closed down).  

We always get creative at all the ports.....just have to have an open mind.  😉 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, island lady said:

In the past we have indeed gone to Maya Chan...loved it, but been there, done that...too many times.  And the two track road out to it will give your kidneys some grief!  😮

All part of the experience - LOL. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Thanks for replying to my question. Seems lots onboard are hearing the dock was broken. Still posts asking if it's fixed on my may 6th mariner. Hopefully a one day fix. 

Anyone else have any information if the dock is fixed today?

It looks like Wonder OTS is docked there today. Cruisemapper shows them near the dock (not as a dot like it would be if they were docked), but Cruising Earth shows them docked. The webcam doesn't appear to be working.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

It looks like Wonder OTS is docked there today. Cruisemapper shows them near the dock (not as a dot like it would be if they were docked), but Cruising Earth shows them docked. The webcam doesn't appear to be working.

IMG_2147.jpeg

23 hours ago, island lady said:

Costa Maya used to be just a little hole in the wall when the ships started going there.  Absolutely nothing there.  Would grab a taxi to go to Mahahual just to walk around, spend some time on the beach, and have lunch.  

Remember the bar called Fernando's 100% Agave? The orginal one. Off the beaten path. Fun little place.