NCL JOY R/T Bermuda April 14-21, 2024

Bermuda on the NCL JOY sailing from NYC April 14 to 21, 2024. Greetings fellow cruisers. We would be interested in any information on:

• Dining: Dining room experiences and Recommendations for Specialty Restaurants.
  • Thermal SPA experience (we understand it is newly renovated
  • Any PRO or CON issues about the ship etc.
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 3:20 PM, lktrimbell5447 said:

We understand that the JOY is "booked to capacity. Sea days will be a challenge at the pools etc.

Have a great cruise. We love to hang out in Spice H20 with the jumbo hot tub. 

Posted (edited)

Anyone from the prior sailing notice the distinct aroma from the Deck 15 corridor right near the observation lounge entry? Smells like a barn. 🐎💩

Edited by tedbearz

3 minutes ago, tedbearz said:

Anyone notice the smell from the Deck 15 forward corridor near the observation lounge ? Smells like a barn. 🐎💩

The cruise the OP has inquired about hasn't embarked yet.  

On 4/11/2024 at 3:20 PM, lktrimbell5447 said:

We understand that the JOY is "booked to capacity. Sea days will be a challenge at the pools etc.

Shouldn’t be too bad since it’s still a bit chilly outside now.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

He must have embarked. And disembarked. The title says "2014"...😝

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Haha 1

Apologies to all! I erroneously and egregious made an error and posted this with a "typo" of 2014 RATHER THAN 2024 which is the Cruise date we are on Sunday, April 14,through Sunday, April 21, 2024. Perhaps, it,was a "Back to the future" slip? Lesson learned check your posts. Errors are unforgiving and uncorrected.  

1 hour ago, lktrimbell5447 said:
7 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Submitted a request to CC host/mod to correct the year from 2014 and to change to 2024 ... .standby and be kind to fellow CC'ers.  

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to NCL JOY R/T Bermuda April 14-21, 2024
5 hours ago, tedbearz said:

Anyone know the name of the Washy-washy guy in the Buffet who sings? There are several but one was really good and stood out. Want to acknowledge him in the survey.

I think you are talking about Rowan (not sure of the spelling).  We have chatted with him on several cruises and on our cruise a couple of weeks ago, he sent chocolate strawberries to our cabin!  Who knew the washy-washy guy could do that?!

Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2024 at 6:51 PM, Katie H said:

I think you are talking about Rowan (not sure of the spelling).  We have chatted with him on several cruises and on our cruise a couple of weeks ago, he sent chocolate strawberries to our cabin!  Who knew the washy-washy guy could do that?!

He was the washy-washy guy on our Joy cruise AND our drink server in Teppanyaki. Really great soul and excellent server - I was awash in drinks the entire night!

On 4/13/2024 at 2:59 PM, tedbearz said:

Anyone from the prior sailing notice the distinct aroma from the Deck 15 corridor right near the observation lounge entry? Smells like a barn. 🐎💩

Oh jeez! That smell would have taken me right back home to our barn. Ahhh, familiar smells bring back such fond memories.

Edited by cruiseny4life

1 hour ago, Pappy1258 said:

Anyone know who the concierge is on the joy,and are they charging extra for a second lobster tail

Mr. X was the concierge.  (I don’t remember his real name,  he asked us to call him Mr. X 😃).

We had no problem getting an extra lobster tail at any dinner.  My DH had three one night.  Never a mention of an extra charge and none appeared on our bill,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Russiamomm said:

Mr. X was the concierge.  (I don’t remember his real name,  he asked us to call him Mr. X 😃).

I actually had a vigorous debate with my wife about this.  All our letters list Efren Acesor as concierge.  We dealt with Mr. X almost exclusively, and he was awesome!  The impression I had, though, was that he was an assistant concierge.  I'm not sure that we ever met Efren unless he and Mr. X are one and the same.

2 minutes ago, Kortehgehn said:

I actually had a vigorous debate with my wife about this.  All our letters list Efren Acesor as concierge.  We dealt with Mr. X almost exclusively, and he was awesome!  The impression I had, though, was that he was an assistant concierge.  I'm not sure that we ever met Efren unless he and Mr. X are one and the same.

LOL.  I’m similarly confused.  I’m pretty sure they are two different people, but I’m not sure which is the assistant,  I need to pay closer attention to detail.  😂

Efran was the concierge, Mr. X was the assistant concierge (or similar). We dealt with both of them and thought they were both very helpful and personable. Mr. X gives everyone high 5's when they pass his desk.

Mr. X has been on the Joy since it first launched in China in 2017, though he mentioned that he will be transferring ships later this year, as he is one of the few concierges who is fluent in Mandarin and his skills will be needed elsewhere. Unfortunately, I don't remember the details about the timing or his new assignment.