Sold out tours

6 hours ago, getawaygirl said:

I was wondering if the tours sponsored by the ship are sold out online, do they ever have availability once you board the ship

That likely varies by ship, port and specific excursion but yes, you may find it available on board.

I found a tour I wanted for a future cruise while I was on a cruise.  I asked the lady at the Excursion Desk what to do because there was two of us and only one slot left.  She told me to grab it and when I got on the ship come to the Excursion Desk and they would work it out.  The worst case scenario was they would refund my money, but they normally had ways of working everything out.  I did just that.  She said they usually have cancellations when people get on board.  She could not promise me but I will go there and see what happens.  I would definitely give it a shot!

2 hours ago, Wanna Be Retired said:

I asked the lady at the Excursion Desk what to do because there was two of us and only one slot left.

We had this exact situation on another cruise (only one slot available in advance of cruise but two people). We did take the slot and hoped for the best, but they were never able to accommodate the second person. 

I hope you have better results! Enjoy your cruise. 

Not the answer you want, but if the tour is full-full-full, I'd walk away and make another choice.  I wouldn't want to be part of a tour in which literally every bus seat is full or people are jammed shoulder-to-shoulder on a little boat.  

Options: 

- Look for a similar activity through a private vendor.  You'll be part of a much smaller group and will have a better experience. 

- Choose something entirely different.  Most islands offer a variety of activities.  

- Skip the excursion altogether and just enjoy a walk around the port area.  

11 hours ago, getawaygirl said:

Hi all, I was wondering if the tours sponsored by the ship are sold out online, do they ever have availability once you board the ship Any info appreciated.

For the purposes of a excursion, sold out is sold out. You can't put another seat on a bus. So, you can always try to standby and hope for a cancellation onboard. You can check cruise planner every day and hope for a cancellation. Best advise is to book your second choice and move on. That way you have something. 

7 hours ago, mets07 said:

We had this exact situation on another cruise (only one slot available in advance of cruise but two people). We did take the slot and hoped for the best, but they were never able to accommodate the second person. 

I hope you have better results! Enjoy your cruise. 

My worst case scenario is my money gets refunded and neither one of us go.  If we can’t we will enjoy the day doing something else!  

• Like 1