Kettles in the Caribbean.

We have just returned from a ‘Round Australia’ cruise where we were able to request a kettle for our balcony cabin. We know we can use  Room Service, International Cafe or take a thermos flask and grab some coffee from the buffet.

For us, a kettle is most convenient for early morning and late evening coffee.

Please can anyone advise whether this is possible on Caribbean cruises…Enchanted Princess especially. ?

Many thanks.

You can ask your cabin steward, but it’s not likely you’ll get one.  A few CC members from the UK have asked onboard, but their request was politely declined.  

Thank you, this is what we thought..have not previously requested a kettle for Caribbean cruise, but after realising how much we enjoyed having one on the Australian cruise, thought I’d ask if anyone had managed to acquire one. As you said, asking the steward costs nothing.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

You can ask your cabin steward, but it’s not likely you’ll get one.  A few CC members from the UK have asked onboard, but their request was politely declined.  

Absolutely incorrect, we always get a kettle when we request it

2 hours ago, antsp said:

Absolutely incorrect, we always get a kettle when we request it

Good for you!  So many others have reported that they were denied a kettle unless in the UK or Australia.  Your first two words were really unnecessary, since absolutely many folks did not have your experience.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Good for you!  So many others have reported that they were denied a kettle unless in the UK or Australia.  Your first two words were really unnecessary, since absolutely many folks did not have your experience.  

Well I've absolutely had a kettle every single time I've requested, and that's over 10 times in the Caribbean. Absolutely 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, antsp said:

Well I've absolutely had a kettle every single time I've requested, and that's over 10 times in the Caribbean. Absolutely 

Good for you!  Absolutely thrilled for you.  Have an absolutely wonderful day.

12 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

I hope to get a kettle too. On Enchanted Princess in the Caribbean. Not the end of the world if I can’t, but I’ll be sure to ask just incase. We had one on Sky but that was sailing from the UK.

It never hurts to ask.  You may be lucky like our esteemed member @antspor perhaps not.  Good luck and enjoy your cruise.  We’ll be on Enchanted in August and looking forward to it very much.

Just now, Host CJSKIDS said:

I asked once and was told no so never bothered to ask again.

I’ve read that a few times from other members.  Curious as to why some requests are granted and others not.  Seems to be at the discretion of the cabin steward.  

8 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I’ve read that a few times from other members.  Curious as to why some requests are granted and others not.  Seems to be at the discretion of the cabin steward.  

Actually the real reason is if the ship has a season in Europe, especially Southampton based

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

We’ll be on Enchanted in August and looking forward to it very much.

Which sailing? We are on a 2 week from the 10th August. We are looking forward to it too. First time sailing from outside Europe and 1st Caribbean cruise ever. Exciting! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Which sailing? We are on a 2 week from the 10th August. We are looking forward to it too. First time sailing from outside Europe and 1st Caribbean cruise ever. Exciting! 

We’re doing Canada New England itinerary August 24th right after you.  Keep her in good shape for us!  lol  I just know you’ll have a wonderful time in the Caribbean!  Please report back to us after your cruise to let us know how you enjoyed it.

8 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

So it’s probably a no for the Enchanted then. Ah well. I’ll get myself a decent thermos! 

The Enchanted has sailed in Europe 

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

We’re doing Canada New England itinerary August 24th right after you.  Keep her in good shape for us!  lol  I just know you’ll have a wonderful time in the Caribbean!  Please report back to us after your cruise to let us know how you enjoyed it.

i hope you have a fabulous time too 😊

if only we could add the Canada & New England to ours too! maybe one day, when the 11yr old daughter is grown & independent!

I’ll look after Enchanted for you and try and post here my thoughts.

ive been on Sky and I loved her so I’m confident I’ll like her sister ship.

• Thanks 1