Cancelling Israel?

suzyed

16 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Cannot answer why they would still be selling cruises including Israel. My best guess would be they have not yet formulated what alternative ports they will be sailing to.

As for Russia, even if you wanted to book a cruise going there, there are none, and have been none for quite a while now.

I had the same question...  Just waiting to see what Princess is going to do and what will be available.  We don't HAVE to cruise just to cruise...LOL!  We also have a Panama Canal cruise for next year that we may cancel since our friend we booked with probably won't be able to go due to health reasons. 
We had a Russia cruise a year or so ago that we cancelled before the itinerary totally changed anyway.   Oh well...we'll figure it out.
The Israel sailing is what I have been dreaming of for a long time....not to be, I guess.
We have a sailing from Singapore booked for Oct. and just booked a 7 day anniversary cruise for June, so I get my cruise "fix" this year anyway!

• Like 1

We were book for Israel via Holland American this coming October, but cancelled the cruise after H.A. cancelled port stops in Israel.  

We rebooked and hopefully will be able to do stop in Israel for October, 2025. 

On 4/14/2024 at 4:56 PM, Iamcruzin said:

Why are they still selling cruises to Israel at this time? If you want to see Israel I would book a land trip. It's one of those ports that is a crap shoot with political unrest that can pop up at any given moment. I wouldn't be booking any cruise to Russia either.

Seems to me that a ship would be preferable to a land trip if you’re worried about sudden problems. I have some friends that were on a land tour in Israel last October.  They spent several days hunkered down in a hotel before they could get a flight back.  The people on Oceania’s Nautica just sailed away a day early.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mark_K said:

Seems to me that a ship would be preferable to a land trip if you’re worried about sudden problems. I have some friends that were on a land tour in Israel last October.  They spent several days hunkered down in a hotel before they could get a flight back.  The people on Oceania’s Nautica just sailed away a day early.

I agree but if you are dead set on going and don't want a sudden port change than a land trip is the only guarantee.  I wouldn't even be looking to travel to Israel by land or sea at this point in time and or even a year from now. There are enough protests going on in this country. I'm not looking to spend good money to go to a war zone.

• Like 2