Sign in on the app is totally useless

We are booked on the Brilliance of the Seas for an Alaskan cruise.  The Port of Vancouver BC is the only port in the world that the online check in must be completed on the Royal Caribbean App, which is sizing up to be totally useless.  The check in process starts just fine until you get to the add a card for onboard charges.  I enter the information and when I click the button for add card it will not add the card, which is ironic because this whole process is about RC squeezing every dollar out of us they can, or allow me to move forward with the process.  I've called Royal Caribbean and they've "created a ticket".  First it was 3-5 days to wait, until I spoke with a supervisor, who assured me she would expedite the ticket and she would call me back in 24 hours.  I have yet to receive such call and when I call back I'm told they cannot contact the supervisor.  I ask to speak with someone in management and I'm told the best that particular person can do is give me another supervisor who is just going to give me the same line I've been getting.  I did get another number to call for their department that handles feedback after the cruise, but that was a complete dead end as well.  Everyone I spoke with at Royal Caribbean was polite and as helpful as I think they could be especially since dealing with someone like me in situations like this can be challenging.  We've spent a lot of money on this cruise and I expect better from a company that expects me to fork over that much money.  If you're going to force me to use the app to check in and forbid me to use the web site YOU NEED TO HAVE THE APP WORKING PROPERLY!  It further irritates me that every single person I spoke with at Royal Caribbean had no idea that I couldn't use the web site to check in for a cruise sailing out of Vancouver BC.  I actually had to argue with one of them a little bit to convince them.  And, yes, I know I have 45 days to check in, but the reason I wanted to check in so early is because I wanted a specific time.  So hurry up and wait.  This may sound petty to some, but when I pay this kind of money for something I expect better service.  

I only check in on my desk top and have never had a problem. I actually hate using the app for anything other than when onboard.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I only check in on my desk top and have never had a problem. I actually hate using the app for anything other than when onboard.

I would love to be able to do that.  For some reason RCI decided that was not possible for this port of call and didn't bother to notify their employees of the change.

Edited by Patcap38

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I cant sign in online so it's not just a app problem. I'm waiting for rcl to fix the sign in problem.

@firefly333

Heads up. Royal changed the password requirements. My password worked flawlessly for years until today. I had to reset my password to include a "number". I had capital, lower case letters and a special character but no "number". All I can guess is that they are implementing new password requirements.

Reset your password and Royal has three mandatory requirements, more than 8 characters, a numeric character, and a letter character.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Reset your password and Royal has three mandatory requirements, more than 8 characters, a numeric character, and a letter character.

My old password met that criteria and didn't work

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

I logged into the website this morning with my password. No problem. I installed the app this afternoon on my Android phone and logged in with the same password. No problem.

My wife has had no problems with her app sign-in just like you.

No rhyme or reason....

🤔

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Patcap38 said:

And, yes, I know I have 45 days to check in, but the reason I wanted to check in so early is because I wanted a specific time.

I’m currently impacted by the password issue.  My old password is not working on the app. I’ll try resetting it soon on my computer.  I don’t know if all these access problems are contributing to your issues or not.

I have not heard of these Vancouver-specific app check-in requirements, so take the following with the appropriate grain of salt…On the app, at 45 days we go straight to step two and pick our time.  Having secured our time slot, we complete the rest of the check in process at our leisure.  If for some reason, that did not work and I had trouble with my Credit Card entry, I’d check in as though I wanted a cash account then add the credit card at guest services.  

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Patcap38 said:

We are booked on the Brilliance of the Seas for an Alaskan cruise.  The Port of Vancouver BC is the only port in the world that the online check in must be completed on the Royal Caribbean App, which is sizing up to be totally useless.  The check in process starts just fine until you get to the add a card for onboard charges.  I enter the information and when I click the button for add card it will not add the card, which is ironic because this whole process is about RC squeezing every dollar out of us they can, or allow me to move forward with the process.  I've called Royal Caribbean and they've "created a ticket".  First it was 3-5 days to wait, until I spoke with a supervisor, who assured me she would expedite the ticket and she would call me back in 24 hours.  I have yet to receive such call and when I call back I'm told they cannot contact the supervisor.  I ask to speak with someone in management and I'm told the best that particular person can do is give me another supervisor who is just going to give me the same line I've been getting.  I did get another number to call for their department that handles feedback after the cruise, but that was a complete dead end as well.  Everyone I spoke with at Royal Caribbean was polite and as helpful as I think they could be especially since dealing with someone like me in situations like this can be challenging.  We've spent a lot of money on this cruise and I expect better from a company that expects me to fork over that much money.  If you're going to force me to use the app to check in and forbid me to use the web site YOU NEED TO HAVE THE APP WORKING PROPERLY!  It further irritates me that every single person I spoke with at Royal Caribbean had no idea that I couldn't use the web site to check in for a cruise sailing out of Vancouver BC.  I actually had to argue with one of them a little bit to convince them.  And, yes, I know I have 45 days to check in, but the reason I wanted to check in so early is because I wanted a specific time.  So hurry up and wait.  This may sound petty to some, but when I pay this kind of money for something I expect better service.  

Hey Papcap38, when are you sailin on the Brilliance? Will be goin on May 26th an can't wait. Can't checkin cuz got a flipphone, an at the moment, my name is "Willa have to wait," til I git to the ship. Hey but thats ok to.

5 minutes ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Hey Papcap38, when are you sailin on the Brilliance? Will be goin on May 26th an can't wait. Can't checkin cuz got a flipphone, an at the moment, my name is "Willa have to wait," til I git to the ship. Hey but thats ok to.

Yep, that's our cruise.

When they say check in on the app, they only mean at the port.  You should be able to do the hard check in on your computer, and then the app will have the day of check in stuff- check in seapass code, the safety videos and what not.

At this point, you should at least try to check in on a computer instead of the app and see if you can finish.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

When they say check in on the app, they only mean at the port.  You should be able to do the hard check in on your computer, and then the app will have the day of check in stuff- check in seapass code, the safety videos and what not.

At this point, you should at least try to check in on a computer instead of the app and see if you can finish.

Nope, you literally cannot check in at 45 days on the computer. Only on the app. I had the same issue.

cruise may 17.png

4 minutes ago, Jussabitconfused said:

Nope, you literally cannot check in at 45 days on the computer. Only on the app. I had the same issue.

cruise may 17.png

I had absolutely "literally" no problem checking in on my computer 45 days out. Check in was April 3rd for a sail date of May 18th. 

Same for my most recent cruises this past March with RCI and Celebrity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

I had absolutely "literally" no problem checking in on my computer 45 days out. Check in was April 3rd for a sail date of May 18th. 

Same for my most recent cruises this past March with RCI and Celebrity.

I see no ships sailing out of Vancouver on May 18th.

12 hours ago, Patcap38 said:

Is this new?  Because normally I have selected a time then gone back in later to add my other info.  Both on app and tablet.

Try updating app or reinstalling app. 

4 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Is this new?  Because normally I have selected a time then gone back in later to add my other info.  Both on app and tablet.

Try updating app or reinstalling app. 

Updating and reinstalling is what got me locked out of the app. I finally had to create a new password on the PC and then I could use it to get back into the app. The cruise out of Vancouver requires you to check in 45 days out on the app. Will not let you do it on the computer. My second leg from Seward to Vancouver lets me check in on the computer. It is only cruises originating out of Vancouver that requires that you do the check in on the app. As far as if you can do the arrival time before the rest, I am not sure. I had already checked in for my Vancouver cruise before this whole debacle and it only affected me checking into my second leg from Seward.