Good wine?

On 4/12/2024 at 10:47 PM, FancyPants21 said:

As for whites... to drink on its own I like a good Riesling (dry not sweet) or a good Chardonnay (ideally oaked, Chablis excepted) but with food Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio are often good.

I love Riesling (I'll take it dry or sweet). While I typically gravitate towards Rieslings from Germany, I have seen the Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling on some of the Princess menus. I live near San Francisco and wine country, and this is a common offering at high-end restaurants. It's a solid wine, though it won't blow you away.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dani24 said:

I love Riesling (I'll take it dry or sweet). While I typically gravitate towards Rieslings from Germany, I have seen the Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling on some of the Princess menus. I live near San Francisco and wine country, and this is a common offering at high-end restaurants. It's a solid wine, though it won't blow you away.

I prefer French ones myself... they are generally less sweet and that is my preference. Having said that, sweet or dry a good Riesling is always appreciated 🙂 

14 minutes ago, doghog said:

If the wine I order taste good to me, that's a good wine. Nothing else matters. 🍷

Totally agree... but if you know what it is you are drinking then if you like it then you can find it and drink it again 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FancyPants21 said:

Totally agree... but if you know what it is you are drinking then if you like it then you can find it and drink it again 🙂

I (we) always ask once we drink it and ask for another. 🍷

1 minute ago, doghog said:

I (we) always ask once we drink it and ask for another. 🍷

So you never make a mental note of what you like so you can ask for it elsewhere? I don't think I understand what your point is...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FancyPants21 said:

So you never make a mental note of what you like so you can ask for it elsewhere? I don't think I understand what your point is...

My point is if we like it we ask. Where did I say I (we) don't remember! 🙃 

1 minute ago, doghog said:

My point is if we like it we ask. Where did I say I (we) don't remember! 🙃 

I didn't say you don't remember... I just didn't see you say that you did.

Thanks.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FancyPants21 said:

I didn't say you don't remember... I just didn't see you say that you did.

Thanks.

You made my point.  You assumed I don't. I felt it wasn't necessary to say it. Adds nothing to my response. Cheers. 

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Enjoying all the recommendations but I too am still looking for Chardonnay recommendations!  

Wish I could give you some (or one) but I have my reputation to consider!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Josie201 said:

Enjoying all the recommendations but I too am still looking for Chardonnay recommendations!  

Didn’t care for any of the Chardonnays in the bars on the Regal. Boarding the Enchanted on Saturday and hoping for something better. 

Does anyone know where there might be a wine list for Princess?  I know this would vary from ship to ship and cruise to cruise.  Just trying to get an idea of what bottles and glasses might be out there.

2 hours ago, Goofyisme said:

Does anyone know where there might be a wine list for Princess?  I know this would vary from ship to ship and cruise to cruise.  Just trying to get an idea of what bottles and glasses might be out there.

Ask on the Roll Call forum for one of the next cruise to see if someone would take pictures of the wine lists and post back on CC. 

On 4/14/2024 at 9:38 PM, leck57 said:

I had plenty of Henshke Henry's Seven Shiraz Grenache on my recent Coral cruise. I thought it was excellent and it was $2 per glass higher than the Plus per glass cost limit (included in Premier). I just paid the extra however many times the staff didn't bother to charge it.

When we were on Grand last year they'd hiked the price of the Henschke up to $29 a glass so $7 higher than Plus. It is indeed a very nice drop.

58 minutes ago, Goofyisme said:

Thank you so very much.  I realize this is not a complete list but it gives me just the insight I was looing for plus other valuable information for a new Princess cruiser. 

Again thanks very much.

Far from complete. I can't believe Sauvignon Blancs aren't listed. Drank SB everyevening on our recent Enchanted cruise. 

37 minutes ago, doghog said:

Far from complete. I can't believe Sauvignon Blancs aren't listed. Drank SB everyevening on our recent Enchanted cruise. 

That is a list available with OceanNow... not a list of everything available on the ship.

12 minutes ago, FancyPants21 said:

That is a list available with OceanNow... not a list of everything available on the ship.

Exactly why I said, far from complete.

• Like 1