4/13/24: Princess Rolls Out Fleetwide Dining Revolution

FLAlaska

I managed to book this morning (I hope). I was unable to use the book same time for the entire cruise. That gave me an error, but I was able to book each each evening separately.  Good luck!

21 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Well, success in a very round about way.

Decided to try going through web version of app.

Error Message.  Server unavailable.

Get in.  Wahoo!  I can book embarkation suite complimentary specialty dinner

Make choices.  Hit confirm.  Kicked out.

Go back in.  Reservation is listed.

Kicked out again.

Not going to touch this one with a 10 foot pole.

Welcome to Princess

41 minutes ago, Z0nker said:

Welcome to Princess

Thank you for the warm welcome, but I have been with Princess for decades.  Been there, done that; with Princess experiences and mishaps.

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thank you for the warm welcome, but I have been with Princess for decades.  Been there, done that; with Princess experiences and mishaps.

That was intended to be a little lighthearted humor, as in “having an IT problem? Welcome to Princess”. 😆 My onboard experience has been terrific every time, with an experienced, competent staff. Dealing with corporate is way too much of a shitshow for a retail company. 

7 hours ago, cjpj said:

I managed to book this morning (I hope). I was unable to use the book same time for the entire cruise. That gave me an error, but I was able to book each each evening separately.  Good luck!

I have just managed to reserve Botticelli's every evening, it offered me the 'same time' option but I also reserved individually because of some excursions. HOWEVER - I couldn't book any Specialty Dining options as my credit card kept erroring (tried more than one card), and it didn't offer me any other main dining option other than Botticelli's. At least I've got something booked, hope to be able to make amendments nearer the time.

Does anyone know how to change which cruise the web version of the app is pointing to?

When I log in, I go to the correct cruise.  If I click any of the picture links in the middle of the page, it takes me to the correct cruise, but when I click the link to "try our web version", it always defaults to the one booked first, but is farther in the future.

I'm waiting for my gift cards to come in, so I can't use the app, but the web version seems to allow me to make reservations, but just on a later cruise where I need to work with IT to get our linked reservations straightened out.

Every cruise is not perfect.  Some have more issues than not. Any cruise is better than not. Night and Day difference between shore side and onboard experiences.  Knock on wood....haven't had any onboard issues that couldn't be resolved to my satisfaction.  Stuff happens.  It's how you mentally handle them that counts.

1 hour ago, Z0nker said:

That was intended to be a little lighthearted humor, as in “having an IT problem? Welcome to Princess”. 😆 My onboard experience has been terrific every time, with an experienced, competent staff. Dealing with corporate is way too much of a shitshow for a retail company. 

1 hour ago, alwalaska said:

Does anyone know how to change which cruise the web version of the app is pointing to?

When I log in, I go to the correct cruise.  If I click any of the picture links in the middle of the page, it takes me to the correct cruise, but when I click the link to "try our web version", it always defaults to the one booked first, but is farther in the future.

I'm waiting for my gift cards to come in, so I can't use the app, but the web version seems to allow me to make reservations, but just on a later cruise where I need to work with IT to get our linked reservations straightened out.

You could try logging in with your booking number instead of user name and password. 

12 hours ago, cjpj said:

I am beyond frustrated.  Went to.check that I really did have dinner reservations made and low and behold, I need to re-log into the app and I can't accept the passenge contract because I'm under 18. Don't appear to have any reservations and can't make any. Princess needs to fire everyone that works on that app or is associated with it. Heads should roll. If I was Princess, I'd be so embarrassed with this rollout. You think after all the failures they've had with rolling things out they'd be sure, double sure, to hit the defined target date and do it right. I suppose this too, is contracted out to the Philippines to save a buck.

45 minutes ago, cjpj said:

I am beyond frustrated.  Went to.check that I really did have dinner reservations made and lo and behold, I need to re-log into the app and I can't accept the passenge contract because I'm under 18. Don't appear to have any reservations and can't make any. Princess needs to fire everyone that works on that app or is associated with it. Heads should roll. If I was Princess, I'd be so embarrassed with this rollout. You think after all the failures they've had with rolling things out they'd be sure, double sure, to hit the defined target date and do it right. I suppose this too, is contracted out to the Philippines to save a buck.

Ow can you be under 18 if you have been on these boards for 19 years ?  Are you using someone’s login ?

4 hours ago, Z0nker said:

You could try logging in with your booking number instead of user name and password. 

Thanks!  I tried it and it showed the correct booking on the first page, but then, I had same result when I clicked through to the web app with the wrong reservation.  😞 Thanks for trying.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alwalaska said:

Thanks!  I tried it and it showed the correct booking on the first page, but then, I had same result when I clicked through to the web app with the wrong reservation.  😞 Thanks for trying.

I ended up getting satisfaction on the phone app. I suspect a lot of this has been back end data processing. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Z0nker said:

35 minutes ago, alwalaska said:

Finally Success!!  For anyone else with this problem here are the steps I followed 

1. 1) Do Not log in to Princess.
  2. 2) Go to the Booked Guests > Access Cruise Personalization
  3. 3) Use the Access Your Booking Without Registering 
  4. 4) Verify the correct Booking Number on the page that comes up
  5. 5) Scroll down and click the "Try our web version" link. 
  6. 6) Click My Journey and verify that it is the correct one.  Mine was not the first time, nor again when I was writing these notes.
  7. 7) If it is correct, go to Dine My Way. If incorrect, click Exit, then by your name, click Logout.
  8. 8. On the page that comes up, click Use Booking Number and put the info in yet again. I'm going to have my booking number memorized soon.
  9. 9) Once again, check the Booking Number.  It should now be correct.

I also found if I click too fast, it is more likely to get stuck and I have to go all the way out and start again.  If I go slower, things work much better.

Now to figure out how to get the Add People option to work with our 2nd reservation number. Our TA said she linked the reservations, but I can't see them. When I type in the reservation number, it returns to the first page with no additional people. 😞 

I'm thrilled though to have one cruise finished.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, alwalaska said:

Finally Success!!  For anyone else with this problem here are the steps I followed 

1. 1) Do Not log in to Princess.
  2. 2) Go to the Booked Guests > Access Cruise Personalization
  3. 3) Use the Access Your Booking Without Registering 
  4. 4) Verify the correct Booking Number on the page that comes up
  5. 5) Scroll down and click the "Try our web version" link. 
  6. 6) Click My Journey and verify that it is the correct one.  Mine was not the first time, nor again when I was writing these notes.
  7. 7) If it is correct, go to Dine My Way. If incorrect, click Exit, then by your name, click Logout.
  8. 8. On the page that comes up, click Use Booking Number and put the info in yet again. I'm going to have my booking number memorized soon.
  9. 9) Once again, check the Booking Number.  It should now be correct.

I also found if I click too fast, it is more likely to get stuck and I have to go all the way out and start again.  If I go slower, things work much better.

Now to figure out how to get the Add People option to work with our 2nd reservation number. Our TA said she linked the reservations, but I can't see them. When I type in the reservation number, it returns to the first page with no additional people. 😞 

I'm thrilled though to have one cruise finished.

@alwalaska thanks for providing the details. We ended up using the phone app because we needed to pull in a traveler from another booking. 

Quick Update:

I was able to see my reservations in the app this morning for the ones I made on the web page and everything came through fine.  It looks like my payment didn't process until overnight, even though the credit card had already been hit. 🙂

Now if my gift cards would only come in so that I can pay off the other cruise and get it finished as well.

I'm very confused with the new Dining Options and hope someone could help.  So the new dining options are :  TD=Traditional Dining; ATR= Anytime Reservations; ATW=Anytime Walk-Ins. 

Does this imply that if you want Traditional Dining you will only have the choice of one MDR or can you choose any MDR?  Also, does this mean that any ATR's and ATW's will only have two MDR's to choose from?  

11 minutes ago, Crustyrabbit said:

I'm very confused with the new Dining Options and hope someone could help.  So the new dining options are :  TD=Traditional Dining; ATR= Anytime Reservations; ATW=Anytime Walk-Ins. 

Does this imply that if you want Traditional Dining you will only have the choice of one MDR or can you choose any MDR?  Also, does this mean that any ATR's and ATW's will only have two MDR's to choose from?  

Yes Traditional Sitwell only be available in one dining room and only have 2 time slots. This my differ on shops with only 2 Dining rooms such as the Coral  I would imagine the traditional dining room would not be the one that includes reserve/club class dining

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

Yes Traditional Sitwell only be available in one dining room and only have 2 time slots. This my differ on shops with only 2 Dining rooms such as the Coral  I would imagine the traditional dining room would not be the one that includes reserve/club class dining

Wouldn't it be great if everything was that easy. Pigs ear comes to mind. We have neither been informed of which restaurant is which or been able to book the times we wish or the number of people we wish to share with. Surely it cannot be that difficult for Princess to send emails to passengers stating which restaurant on which ship has what type of dining available and then make these time available on their App. The whole thing is a fudge, a complete hash up. Who runs their computer systems Fisher Price ?

38 minutes ago, Crustyrabbit said:

I have a thread that I started called new dining reservations ship by ship .wish I knew how to share it, but I have compiled which dining room is which on each ship, but  I just have gathered this information from others that have made an actual reservation so accuracy is ? But to the best of intentions.

6 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

I have a thread that I started called new dining reservations ship by ship .wish I knew how to share it, but I have compiled which dining room is which on each ship, but  I just have gathered this information from others that have made an actual reservation so accuracy is ? But to the best of intentions.

So, I have a question. I thought that I read that on the Sun, the walk-up dining room had a more casual fare (Americana?) menu than the other 2.  Will that be carried through on the other ships, or is the walk-up dining room going to have the same menu?

On 7/3/2024 at 9:58 PM, bmc alabama said:

So, I have a question. I thought that I read that on the Sun, the walk-up dining room had a more casual fare (Americana?) menu than the other 2.  Will that be carried through on the other ships, or is the walk-up dining room going to have the same menu?

This has changed on the Sun. It's only the Americana sometimes now. 🤷‍♂️