Sept 1 & 2 New England/Canada cruise

phonejock

Hi 

We will be in Halifax on Sept first which is a Sunday and Sydney on Sept second which is Labour day in Canada. Anything we should know, ie, will business be open?  We will be taking Princess excursions, so I am not worried about that.  I did post this question on the port of call board with no response, so I thought I would ask the Pros on this one. Thanks in advance. 

In Canada the majority of stores are closed except for those in tourist areas.  I guarantee that the stores at the port will be open.  However, if you travel outside of these areas, you may find most stores will be closed.  Of course, banks, pharmacies, retail stores, and office businesses will definitely be closed.  Everything will be open in Halifax on Sunday.

13 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I was in Saint John on a Sunday.  Even the shopping mall was closed.  

Really?  May I ask when?  All shopping malls in Ontario are open on Sundays, except for Easter Sunday and if Christmas or New Year’s Day fall on a Sunday.  I suppose that NB could be different, but it’s surprising. 

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Really?  May I ask when?  All shopping malls in Ontario are open on Sundays, except for Easter Sunday and if Christmas or New Year’s Day fall on a Sunday.  I suppose that NB could be different, but it’s surprising. 

Correct, NB is the same.

Was living in NB before coming to Ontario in 2017. Sunday shopping was alive and well in NB and as far as I know still is.

• Like 1

Could be because it’s located within a large office building.   Not sure, though.  I believe all shopping within walking distance of the port, will be open.  I will be there Labour Day weekend this summer, so I’ll report back.