On Line Check In

Is anyone else having trouble with On Line Check In? I am at the 30 day point and can download my documents without a problem, but still can not do Check In. I have tried both the website and the app, and only get error messages. Last week I called Customer Service a few times and opened trouble tickets, but no resolution. Worst case scenario, I have to do Check In at the pier, but curious if anyone else is having this problem and if they found  solution.

1 hour ago, Huenemecruiser said:

Is anyone else having trouble with On Line Check In? I am at the 30 day point and can download my documents without a problem, but still can not do Check In. I have tried both the website and the app, and only get error messages. Last week I called Customer Service a few times and opened trouble tickets, but no resolution. Worst case scenario, I have to do Check In at the pier, but curious if anyone else is having this problem and if they found  solution.

Wow!  I see that Princess is not the only cruise line with "support"  issues! 

IMO, it's time for Celebrity to do away with the pre-cruise check-in time.🙄 Recently was on a Princess cruise and no pre-cruise check-in time required. Arrived at the terminal (PE) at 11:05 and was on the ship NLT 11:30. Lots of agents checking guests in. 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, doghog said:

IMO, it's time for Celebrity to do away with the pre-cruise check-in time.🙄 Recently was on a Princess cruise and no pre-cruise check-in time required. Arrived at the terminal (PE) at 11:05 and was on the ship NLT 11:30. Lots of agents checking guests in. 

It's an interesting argument.  I know you, as I, can well recall the days of the long lines and mass groupings at the terminal with everyone trying to board at 11:00. At the time all check in was done at the counters where documents were checked, pictures taken, and room cards issued. The process often took (depending on port) 45 minutes or longer in our experience.  At least it was that way with RCCL.  

In some cases just before, but certainly resulting from covid, the check in times were initiated and early on rather strictly enforced. On line check in also came to prominence.  And IMO the process smoothed out and was much shorter and more efficient.  I know most people still hope for the earliest times (myself to some extent as well), but even the later times still have you on board reasonably early and, again in our experience, with far less hassle and time at the terminal.  Not sure eliminating those slots wouldn't result in a return to the old days?

I wonder if with your Princess experience people weren't staggering their own arrivals or maybe staged naturally with flight arrivals, etc.?

Who knows, keeping everything else as is and with good staffing, maybe eliminating the check in queues wouldn't be a bad thing.  I guess it certainly would be worth a try.  If it didn't work out they could always go back to it.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

I was able to check in, but I can not view documents or print luggage tags.  When we checked in for our Dec. cruise, I could print luggage tags right away.  anyone else having this problem?  or are they not making docs. available  until closer to sailing?

36 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

It's an interesting argument.  I know you, as I, can well recall the days of the long lines and mass groupings at the terminal with everyone trying to board at 11:00. At the time all check in was done at the counters where documents were checked, pictures taken, and room cards issued. The process often took (depending on port) 45 minutes or longer in our experience.  At least it was that way with RCCL.  

In some cases just before, but certainly resulting from covid, the check in times were initiated and early on rather strictly enforced. On line check in also came to prominence.  And IMO the process smoothed out and was much shorter and more efficient.  I know most people still hope for the earliest times (myself to some extent as well), but even the later times still have you on board reasonably early and, again in our experience, with far less hassle and time at the terminal.  Not sure eliminating those slots wouldn't result in a return to the old days?

I wonder if with your Princess experience people weren't staggering their own arrivals or maybe staged naturally with flight arrivals, etc.?

Who knows, keeping everything else as is and with good staffing, maybe eliminating the check in queues wouldn't be a bad thing.  I guess it certainly would be worth a try.  If it didn't work out they could always go back to it.

Oh how I remember those long lines waiting to get to the counter at the embarkation terminal. I agree checking in online is great and hope that never goes away. It's picking a time (yes I'm one of those that wants to get the earliest time so I sit and watch the clock waiting eagerly until that option opens up to pick a time. 🤣) to show up at the embarkation terminal is what I believe needs to be done away with. All our 2022 and 2023 cruises were with Celebrity and RC at PE and LA. I picked a pre cruise time to show up for all and no one even asked to see our arrival time for check in. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, screwsmcernst said:

I was able to check in, but I can not view documents or print luggage tags.  When we checked in for our Dec. cruise, I could print luggage tags right away.  anyone else having this problem?  or are they not making docs. available  until closer to sailing?

Documents are available 30 days out.  We usually do not bother as they can scan your phone and luggage tags are stupid (use scotch tape?) when in seconds a porter can tag with a string tag at the pier.

As for checking times.  We get there when we get there.  Sometimes early.  Often around noon.  At noon could be on board in 10 minutes if I could walk faster 

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, screwsmcernst said:

Never. Luggage tags and cruise documents will and have always been available ~30 days prior to your sail date. Xpress pass is available ~60 days prior to your sail date. Check in is available ~45 days prior to your sail date. I never print the documents out. Personal choice to print anything out. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, HopefulCruiser123 said:

What is the Xpress Pass?

Once you have completed the Check-In process online or in the app, you will receive an Xpress Boarding Pass. This indicates that you successfully completed the check-in process for yourself and those guests listed on your Xpress Pass. Log in to your Guest Account and click "Start check-in" or download the app to begin. You'll use it to board the ship on embarkation day only. After that you'll have your Seapass card. 

Edited by doghog