Noises in cabin on Celebrity Ascent and Beyond

dacf

57 minutes ago, hcat said:

how was the problem fixed?

was it a quick adjustment  or more of a " project"?

I cannot answer your question because Maintenance fixed the problem while we were at dinner in the Eden Restaurant.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

how was the problem fixed?

was it a quick adjustment  or more of a " project"?

We were on our veranda when maintenance came- it probably took 10-15 min with 3 staff placing shims and caulking 

7 hours ago, lovedecruise said:

We had the cracking, popping and banging in our porthole veranda cabin and this was on the Edge.  Was especially bad in the higher seas.

Was this an aft or forward cabin?  I have a sunset veranda booked on Beyond soon…hoping for the best.  Have a porthole cabin booked on Ascent but not until 2026…refundable deposit…if these reports continue I’ll cancel that cruise and stick to only M and S Classes on Celebrity.  Sigh.

Huh, this topic really caught my eye. We recently came off a 10 day caribbean cruise on the Equinox. We were in a deck 6 balcony which is above the entertainment deck. Right below us were specialty restaurants and a bar. We had a constant banging noise in our cabin for the whole 10 days. We had supervisors listen and verified that there was indeed a problem. One day they had the ceiling removed to inspect but to no avail. It was then determined that the noise was coming from deck 5 below, but the source was never located and the noise never ceased. I have to admit that they did try to fix things for us and finally did offer us some fcc. Even with some loss of sleep during our 10 day adventure, we did enjoy our cruise and will be sailing with Celebrity again.

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Was this an aft or forward cabin?  I have a sunset veranda booked on Beyond soon…hoping for the best.  Have a porthole cabin booked on Ascent but not until 2026…refundable deposit…if these reports continue I’ll cancel that cruise and stick to only M and S Classes on Celebrity.  Sigh.

We were the first cabin forward, on Deck 8, 8111 on Edge.  There were the usual creaks when the sailing was smooth but as the seas got rougher, the banging and loud creaking began. 

Recently off the Ascent.   Deck 10 midship Aqua.  Nights with higher ship speeds had lots of poping and cracking noises in our stateroom.    I now know first-hand what is being referenced with the noises.   Travel with a sound machine and still awoken a few times.