Alaska Cruise

ronrick1943

I heard that The Marriott Waterfront is really convenient and easy walk to the ship location at Pier66.  Is it true you can or would too walk with your luggage to board the ship?  I know it's near the pier and a taxi or Uber wouldn't want the trip--or can you ask the hotel for a hotel bellmen to get you across to the ship (of course a gratuity for the bellmen - for the help)?

Want to stay at the hotel, but want it to be easy to arrive at the ship.

Thanks in advance................

The Marriott Waterfront was our pre cruise hotel in 2019. We had no problem crossing the street and rolling our luggage to the port ourselves. 
We loved the location, very walkable. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alaskaca said:

The Marriott Waterfront was our pre cruise hotel in 2019. We had no problem crossing the street and rolling our luggage to the port ourselves. 
We loved the location, very walkable. 

Was this an Oceania cruise?

Posted (edited)

It was.  It was a 12 day voyage, on the Regatta, Seattle to Seattle, June 16, 2016.  As you will note there was a typo in the date...2016 vs 2019.....FFSK.

Edited by alaskaca
incorrect date

46 minutes ago, GlitterFemme said:

As part of NCLH Oceania should sail out of Pier 66, and this year's schedule shows it doing so https://www.portseattle.org/sites/default/files/2024-03/2024 Regular Season Sailing Schedule 3.14.24_0.pdf

This is new as when we sailed on Oceania (pre COVID) we departed from Smith Cove every time.  Pier 66 is much nicer for staying downtown,,,

• Thanks 1

@ronrick1943 I will confirm that the Marriott Waterfront in Seattle is as easy as it gets for access (even beating the extremely close-in hotel in Vancouver due to distance walked for luggage drop-off and check-in). We used it for car storage in June 2023 and the south end of the cruise terminal is literally across the street; there is a light-controlled pedestrian crossing at the hotel's entrance. The baggage drop-off is at the north end of the (not large) cruise terminal, and the check-in entry is mid-way. Even dropping off your own luggage is less than one block from the hotel (my estimate...Google can tell you exactly). If you are staying at the hotel, I would expect that they frequently deliver baggage directly to the cruise terminal. I "google-walked" ahead of time just to make sure I knew where and how far everything was as my spouse was having a foot issue at the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the answers from everyone--right now it does show pier 66 for "O".  This helps a lot as I really prefer Marriott as the brand for me (perks because of status at Marriott), from when I was working.

We loved this hotel in 2019. Got a great upgrade with two balconies that looked at the pier. If you have Marriott status, their lounge was pretty solid. We were there several days pre cruise and watched the big NCL ships come in early each morning. Our cruise was at the other port, but the hotel offered a shuttle for something like $15/person, which was really convenient. The hotel is right by the elevator that takes you from the pier level to the upper streets where Pike Place Market is. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, basor said:

In the past, Oceania has docked d at Smith Cove Pier and not Pier 66 so not walkable.

No they don't. They dock at Pier 66. NCL put millions into Pier 66 to be the only company (with all their subsidiaries including Oceania) to use it for embarkation and disembarkation. I have a close friend who works there. She only gets NCL and Oceania. This has been true for about five years.

And to answer the OP question, it is a VERY easy walk and one of the safest in Seattle. I can walk it with luggage in less than 10 minutes, all flat surface.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, bartexas said:

We loved this hotel in 2019. Got a great upgrade with two balconies that looked at the pier. If you have Marriott status, their lounge was pretty solid. We were there several days pre cruise and watched the big NCL ships come in early each morning. Our cruise was at the other port, but the hotel offered a shuttle for something like $15/person, which was really convenient. The hotel is right by the elevator that takes you from the pier level to the upper streets where Pike Place Market is. 

Thanks, we're Titanium--so should work nicely .

19 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

No they don't. They dock at Pier 66. NCL put millions into Pier 66 to be the only company (with all their subsidiaries including Oceania) to use it for embarkation and disembarkation. I have a close friend who works there. She only gets NCL and Oceania. This has been true for about five years.

And to answer the OP question, it is a VERY easy walk and one of the safest in Seattle. I can walk it with luggage in less than 10 minutes, all flat surface.

Sound pretty easy--will give it a try. Thanks