Confused about booking dining

Are you asking about the regular dinner in the MDR, or reserving a specialty restaurant (like Sabatini's or Crown Grill)?

If the MDR then you will be able to make your preference in the app. Be aware that they just changed the options available and are clearing prior choices in the app for all cruises after 9/14/24 (unless you are on the Sun Princess). In that case you can go on the app starting on June 17 to indicate your preference. I will have to leave it to someone else to explain the process for reservations in the MDR if you choose the "reservation" option. 

For specialty restaurants, you can make reservations on the app, however they only release so many reservations through the app. If you can't get a reservation in advance, you can do so once you board the ship. I recommend calling or going to the venue on the first day. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dani24 said:

Are you asking about the regular dinner in the MDR, or reserving a specialty restaurant (like Sabatini's or Crown Grill)?

If the MDR then you will be able to make your preference in the app. Be aware that they just changed the options available and are clearing prior choices in the app for all cruises after 9/14/24 (unless you are on the Sun Princess). In that case you can go on the app starting on June 17 to indicate your preference. I will have to leave it to someone else to explain the process for reservations in the MDR if you choose the "reservation" option. 

For specialty restaurants, you can make reservations on the app, however they only release so many reservations through the app. If you can't get a reservation in advance, you can do so once you board the ship. I recommend calling or going to the venue on the first day. 

30 minutes ago, memoak said:

What class cabin are you in ?  If it is a full suite or reserve mini suite you don’t make reservations for the MDR

We are just in a regular balcony and picked anytime dining when we booked.  We just wanted to try to book some of the specialty restaurants like Crown Grill.  We are leaving in a few weeks, so maybe we are too late?  I guess they changed the app?  And I am pretty sure last time we were able to book stuff on line but that was a couple of years ago.  

I haven't been able to book a specialty dining reservation for the Crown Grill.  I get an error message.  If I do "get in" it will say no availability.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I haven't been able to book a specialty dining reservation for the Crown Grill.  I get an error message.  If I do "get in" it will say no availability.  

Oh wow.  I guess we will just wait until we get on the ship and hope there is some availability somewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, Castaway Cowgirl said:

We are just in a regular balcony and picked anytime dining when we booked.  We just wanted to try to book some of the specialty restaurants like Crown Grill.  We are leaving in a few weeks, so maybe we are too late?  I guess they changed the app?  And I am pretty sure last time we were able to book stuff on line but that was a couple of years ago.  

I would not worry we cruise 3-4 times a year and never book in advance. There will be more tables opening up on board. The one day you may have an issue is embarkation night or if you need to eat early. We never eat before 7:30 and never have issues. On the ship I am on now there are multiple times available for tonight

• Like 1

I havent been on Princess in 17 years and obviously everything is different.  I'm cruising 9/14-9/21 on Enchanted.  I don't have app yet, and don't plan to book specialty restaurants, but can I request anytime dining on the website now?  TIA

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

I havent been on Princess in 17 years and obviously everything is different.  I'm cruising 9/14-9/21 on Enchanted.  I don't have app yet, and don't plan to book specialty restaurants, but can I request anytime dining on the website now?  TIA

The main dining room procedures are changing for all cruises starting the week you cruise. You won't be able to make reservations until 6/17. With the new process there will be one dining room that will have the old early/late dining times, one that will take reservations, and one that will be walk in. I hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2024 at 9:26 PM, memoak said:

I would not worry we cruise 3-4 times a year and never book in advance. There will be more tables opening up on board. The one day you may have an issue is embarkation night or if you need to eat early. We never eat before 7:30 and never have issues. On the ship I am on now there are multiple times available for tonight

Thanks for this information