Nautica will get the new pizza oven in June!

clo

I grew up in rural Iowa.  It was pretty much meat and potatoes for dinner.  Same for my husband but when we started traveling we started exploring different foods.  For us getting off the ship or during our many years of land travel and trying different foods is what made our trip.  That and good wine.  I've become a pretty good cook trying a lot of different foods.  Sometimes I think the spice police should come to my house and say "Lady, you've just got to many spices, time for some of them to go."

But I like my food to bite back.  When I make Tikki Masala I expect to see sweat dripping from my husband's forehead.  I realize this isn't for everyone but try a little adventure in your life.  Hot isn't the only thing but just having something more than a lot of salt, which it what some people consider spice, is good. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Nothing derogatory at all. Purely a matter of taste and preferences. A significant portion of Oceania’s customers want their dishes with No onions, no garlic, no basil, no thyme, no oregano, no paprika, no curries, no peppers, and no rubs on their meats. No, No, No, No-Nos. They prefer their foods what many of the rest of us consider bland and mostly tasteless. 

A significant portion of Oceania's customers? I very much doubt it unless your definition of significant is 5% or less.

I personally don't know a single person that avoids all of the herbs, spices, and rubs you mentioned above. Everyone I know enjoys seasoned, spiced, flavorful food.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, pinotlover said:

No onions, no garlic, no basil, no thyme, no oregano, no paprika, no curries, no peppers, and no rubs on their meats.

You're making me hungry!

On 4/22/2024 at 11:22 AM, clo said:

I did a very little reading and it appears that the major markets for smoothies are the under 45 people and those who drink them for health reasons. Not exactly the poster children for cruisers. 

I'm not sure how the "healthy" flag got pinned to smoothies. Most of them are glorified milkshakes.

On 8/25/2024 at 7:15 AM, ORV said:

So, Nautica does have an evening pizza setup, I’ll try to have it in a day or two. Maybe tonight after the Captain’s party. I’ll be in great shape to judge it by then.

Did you get a chance to try the pizza? We'll be on the Nautica in 3 weeks and my husband loves pizza.

6 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Did you get a chance to try the pizza? We'll be on the Nautica in 3 weeks and my husband loves pizza.

Once we started using a pizza STEEL not stone our pizzas have gotten so much better. I've wondered if O is going to use something similar.

20240731_202346_resized.jpg

1 minute ago, clo said:

Once we started using a pizza STEEL not stone our pizzas have gotten so much better. I've wondered if O is going to use something similar.

We swopped out our pizza stone for a cast iron pizza pan a couple of years ago. We think the crust is so much better.

9 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

We swopped out our pizza stone for a cast iron pizza pan a couple of years ago. We think the crust is so much better.

I'm guessing ours is steel as that's what it's called 🙂 But it's REALLY heavy and a really large rectangle. SO much better.

On 8/27/2024 at 7:53 AM, ORV said:

I have not tried the pizza yet, but our cruise just started. 

We had the pizza last night. While I’m not one of those that thinks they know what’s the best pizza is I’ll just say we enjoyed it quite a bit. Had a nice 2024 Lagunitas IPA beer to go with it. Great for a change of pace. 

I find the regular Terrace pizza lousy. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, ORV said:

We had the pizza last night. While I’m not one of those that thinks they know what’s the best pizza is I’ll just say we enjoyed it quite a bit. Had a nice 2024 Lagunitas IPA beer to go with it. Great for a change of pace. 

I find the regular Terrace pizza lousy. 

If you're ever in the mood, maybe stroll by and see how they're cooking them. As I've mentioned since we switched to a pizza steel and a high temp it's made a huge difference. I wonder if they're doing something similar. Thanks, sir.