Has NCL changed timing concerning pre cruise documentation?

Posted (edited)

First I heard that NCL sends out pre cruise documentation [luggage labels etc] 60 days out. . . . well past that.

Then my TA told me 45 days out [which has passed by 5 days] - I can expect pre-cruise documents 

Then I read that NCL now simply makes everything available for download and printout as part of your check-in process 21 days out . . .

Anyone who has cruised lately - what's the procedure now - As I have mentioned before our TA is worthless and takes days to respond and is never available for a phone call - but then I suppose at some level I only used her to get an OBC . . .

Edited by erisajd

3 minutes ago, erisajd said:

First I heard that NCL sends out pre cruise documentation [luggage labels etc] 60 days out. . . . well past that.

Then my TA told me 45 days out [which has passed by 5 days] - I can expect pre-cruise documents 

Then I read that NCL now simply makes everything available for download and printout as part of your check-in process 21 days out . . .

Anyone who has cruised lately - what's the procedure now - As I have mentioned before our TA is worthless and takes days to respond and is never available for a phone call - but then I suppose at some level I only used her to get an OBC . . .

You get all of your documentation 24 hours after you check in online.. check in begins 21 days prior to your cruise at midnight EST. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last year I got a luggage tag in the mail, but I just got off the Prima last week and never got anything in the mail. In regards to documents, I've always had to download them after I check in online.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, erisajd said:

That's always been our experience. We've never received anything in the mail from NCL except their useless advertising propaganda.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 7Contraveler said:

You get all of your documentation 24 hours after you check in online.. check in begins 21 days prior to your cruise at midnight EST. 

ok - thanks - yes I know when check in starts - thanks - there are a bazillion posts here with the 60 day start - then my TA appears to have literally made up the 45 day period!  

Posted (edited)

Nothing comes in the mail. Everything is available online when you check in 21 days before sailing.  

Edited by zqvol

Just now, erisajd said:

ok - thanks - yes I know when check in starts - thanks - there are a bazillion posts here with the 60 day start - then my TA appears to have literally made up the 45 day period!  

I forgot to mention the quicker you check in the more choices you have for check in time at the pier.. have a great cruise

1 minute ago, 7Contraveler said:

I forgot to mention the quicker you check in the more choices you have for check in time at the pier.. have a great cruise

we're in the Haven . . . .so . . . .but you are correct 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 7Contraveler said:

As has been pointed out many times, check-in time is essentially meaningless. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, erisajd said:

I gotta say with people like you who apparently know it all... shouldn't be asking questions on a public forum. When you are given answers you don't like then throw your snobbiness by saying things like "im in a Haven"..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, erisajd said:

we're in the Haven

UGH.  Messed this all up.  I thought the fancy people received documentation in the mail.  I've never been fancy, so I'm not sure.  Feel like that's what I've heard though.

Edited by WickedRed
Premature posting.

1 hour ago, erisajd said:

We are in a Suite on the Jewel on our upcoming cruise, and we got our luggage tags and concierge letter in the mail about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Every time we have been in the Haven/Suite we have gotten luggage tags in the mail. But I have heard of some people not getting them and having to just print them. That is the only "documentation" we have ever received in the mail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 7Contraveler said:

I gotta say with people like you who apparently know it all... shouldn't be asking questions on a public forum. When you are given answers you don't like then throw your snobbiness by saying things like "im in a Haven"..

🤦🏻‍♀️

Also, the luggage tags might actually go to your TA's office instead of directly to you. We have never used a TA, but since they control your reservation it is a possibility. They may already have them, but if you don't receive them, you can print them out from your e-docs. Happy Cruising.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

In my experience, NCL will mail out the Haven welcome letter and tags at the 30-day mark.  Although, we just cruised last week on the Joy and received our tags in the mail on March 9th, so that implies they are sending them earlier than 30 days out.  We have had times in the past when we did not receive tags initially and had to call the pre-concierge to have them resent to us.  It's also accurate, as mentioned above, that the tags are sometimes sent to your TA directly.

Edited by Kortehgehn

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, erisajd said:

Since you finally bothered to mention that you are a Haven guest, then, yes, you should get your pre cruise letter and luggage tags about 50 days prior to departure. Always has been 50 days pre- and post-pandemic. 

Shortly before that, you will get a welcome email. 

If you don’t get them, then they probably went to your TA who threw them out versus paying to forward them to you. 

Edited by BirdTravels

3 hours ago, quillwercruisers said:

Also, the luggage tags might actually go to your TA's office instead of directly to you. We have never used a TA, but since they control your reservation it is a possibility. They may already have them, but if you don't receive them, you can print them out from your e-docs. Happy Cruising.

thanks! 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Since you finally bothered to mention that you are a Haven guest, then, yes, you should get your pre cruise letter and luggage tags about 50 days prior to departure. Always has been 50 days pre- and post-pandemic. 

Shortly before that, you will get a welcome email. 

If you don’t get them, then they probably went to your TA who threw them out versus paying to forward them to you. 

I guess your sunny disposition is probably accurate . . . 😁  My TA is a 10 min drive - and I go by her office often during my day - so - a simple call or email can arrange for a pick up - which prob goes further to identifying the customer service skill set of whom I am dealing with 

Edited by erisajd

3 hours ago, Kortehgehn said:

In my experience, NCL will mail out the Haven welcome letter and tags at the 30-day mark.  Although, we just cruised last week on the Joy and received our tags in the mail on March 9th, so that implies they are sending them earlier than 30 days out.  We have had times in the past when we did not receive tags initially and had to call the pre-concierge to have them resent to us.  It's also accurate, as mentioned above, that the tags are sometimes sent to your TA directly.

thanks - I'm sure its closer to 30 days - less chance of them going astray in modern busy household - 

On 4/23/2024 at 7:32 AM, 7Contraveler said:

What does where our cabin is have to do with anything.  I’m just someone else on the cruise. We all have to get on board using the same pier.  Why are people filled with class envy?  

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 12:03 PM, BirdTravels said:

I always use a TA and I get this documentation directly from NCL.

• Like 1