Almond crissont

You know those almond crissonts they serve in the Haven?  (Apparently they are prepared offboard).  I'm wondering if there is some way to order a few for delivery to our regular cabin.  Where I live (near Portland, Oregon) there was a bakery that made these.  Just perfect.  The place

(Beaverton Bakery) went out of business a few years ago, and there has been nothing to replace it.  They did not just have a dusting of powdered sugar, they had a crust of icing.  Do you remember? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The icing you're referring to is probably frangipane, which is generally ground almonds, butter, sugar, and eggs. I work PT at a bakery making Almond Croissants (and other items). They are day (or two) old croissants, cut in half. Then the frangipane is added inside. On top, some frangipane is put on and this stickiness holds the almonds in place during the baking process. 

Haven Almond Croissants are yummy! But, I do prefer a bakery in Rochester (note, I didn't say the ones I bake). Lots of places make these. I did a quick Google search and found La Rose Patisserie and Paris Baguette, in Beaverton, make these. Try them out!

You are correct that the Almond Croissants are not made on the ship, unlike most of the other pastries you'll find. 

37 minutes ago, Tree in the driveway said:

You know those almond crissonts they serve in the Haven?  (Apparently they are prepared offboard).  I'm wondering if there is some way to order a few for delivery to our regular cabin. 

The only way to get the crissonts is to book a haven room.  The Haven does not provide room service to other cabins.

1 hour ago, Tree in the driveway said:

You know those almond crissonts they serve in the Haven?  (Apparently they are prepared offboard).  I'm wondering if there is some way to order a few for delivery to our regular cabin.  Where I live (near Portland, Oregon) there was a bakery that made these.  Just perfect.  The place

(Beaverton Bakery) went out of business a few years ago, and there has been nothing to replace it.  They did not just have a dusting of powdered sugar, they had a crust of icing.  Do you remember? 

These are really good.......   https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/galaxy-desserts-almond-croissants/?pkey=s~croissants~37&sbkey=default

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

in Beaverton,

a LOVELY town!  Oh, I have family there, and MAY have a 'connection' if in trouble with 'the fuzz', unless he's the one you're in trouble with!!

• Haha 1

I love the Almond Croissant. Do you know if we can get them in our Haven Deck 10 Aft Penthouse? Not in the Haven proper, but the view was to die for not to book it!!!! 

3 minutes ago, 7SeasLover said:

I love the Almond Croissant. Do you know if we can get them in our Haven Deck 10 Aft Penthouse? Not in the Haven proper, but the view was to die for not to book it!!!! 

Of course! You are entitled to all the benefits of the Haven even if you're not staying inside the Haven complex/proper/enclave/whatever you call it. 

6 hours ago, 7SeasLover said:

Every Haven guest can ask their butler to bring those heavenly goodies to you every single day, regardless of where your cabin is located.

For anyone with a hankering for them at home, check your local Trader Joes. Leave them out overnight to proof and pop em in the oven in the morning. Yummy yummy.

https://www.traderjoes.com/home/products/pdp/4-almond-croissants-098265

Trader Joe's 4 Almond Croissants

Just now, Sailing12Away said:

Every Haven guest can ask their butler to bring those heavenly goodies to you every single day, regardless of where your cabin is located.

For anyone with a hankering for them at home, check your local Trader Joes. Leave them out overnight to proof and pop em in the oven in the morning. Yummy yummy.

https://www.traderjoes.com/home/products/pdp/4-almond-croissants-098265

Trader Joe's 4 Almond Croissants

I actually bought those! Sad to say, I was disappointed.