BON VOYAGE Coral Princess World Cruisers 2024

Our day in Le Havre.

We docked on time and the French authorities came on board and took their time to clear the ship so the early tours were delayed by about half an hour.

We had beautiful weather for the day in Normandy and I went to Honfleur and my husband went to the landing beaches.

Honfleur was a very pretty small town and we walked around the old port with the guide and had an hour free. All of the shop keepers were very friendly and welcoming in the main tourist district.

My husband loved his tour and was happy with the amount of time in each stop. He really enjoyed his included lunch at a small fishing village and wine and calvados was included.

Back at the port there was a free shuttle to take you to town. The last one leaving Le Harve at 6pm. Talking to passengers who went to Le Harve they had a pleasant day.

Showtime was a female who sang Queen songs, she was enjoyable and had been in the stage production of Queen in London. She had a lovely voice and but I couldn't help but think about the Freddy Mercury guy from New Zealand who entertains on the cruise ships in the Pacific, some of you will remember him, he had the false teeth for the overbite and really played up on stage to present a funny show.

The passengers doing the whole cruise have been very welcoming to us newbies on board and we are having a great time. It been wonderful seeing the guest enter4tainers from this side of the world, they are all new to me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I just had a lovely chat with Carole (Sewgood). Our team were sitting next to hers at trivia so swapped papers for marking. She recognised me from the Escape article. It was really lovely to meet her. 

Good to meet you too Julie.

What can say, it's a small world or rather It's a small ship.

By the way Julie's team scored three more points than our team in trivia, but who's counting. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Good to meet you too Julie.

What can say, it's a small world or rather It's a small ship.

By the way Julie's team scored three more points than our team in trivia, but who's counting. 😄

I think they’re a formidable team 😁

Just now, Cbtours said:

I think they’re a formidable team 😁

Not really compared with some of the other teams onboard who regularly get high scores - 17, 18, 19 and even the odd 20. We do OK in regular trivia but not so well in the harder progressive trivia.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2024 at 9:52 AM, windsor26 said:

On the world 2023  they ran out of rose and shiraz    why do they not pack more as they are popular

That would be too sensible!  The principle of lack of variety in quality bottles of wine would drive me crazy,  Can passengers bring bottles of wine on board to drink from ports with wineries?

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

That would be too sensible!  The principle of lack of variety in quality bottles of wine would drive me crazy,  Can passengers bring bottles of wine on board to drink from ports with wineries?

That is yes and no depends of who is working the embarkation  line  sometimes  they ignore you and sometimes they charge you and sometimes they confiscate it until the end of the cruise

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes, they are currently allowing one bottle per person at all port stops. We have a few interesting wines that we have discovered along the way. 

Make friends with one of the sommeliers, give them a price limit and see what they come up with. You might be pleasantly surprised. 😊

• Like 2

On 6/28/2024 at 5:14 AM, Tranquility Base said:

If you hear of any transport details from those who travelled independently to / from Honfleur, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks.

One couple I was talking to at breakfast caught the local bus and didn't have any trouble doing so.

Another option is the company beeleharve.com that run a shuttle service there, though I haven't spoken to anyone who used them.

On the princess tour we took the scenic route there (one hour) and the fast way back (half an hour) But of course I paid a lot to see a bit extra out a bus window and of course if you use the local bus you can spend how much time you want there and not just have 1 hour free time.

All the shopkeepers spoke English, just learn to say bonjour and merci and you will be all right.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sewgood said:

One couple I was talking to at breakfast caught the local bus and didn't have any trouble doing so.

Another option is the company beeleharve.com that run a shuttle service there, though I haven't spoken to anyone who used them.

Great; thanks for the info.