Platinum Latitudes Question

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I also suggest double checking to see if the platinum perks will apply.  seems like NCL is still treating this sailing as a charter

I don't believe its a charter anymore, its an interline cruise. And from the NCL website:

NCL faq.jpg

Edited by alanstarr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

No, you can't do that as the vouchers can't be used together.

That isn't to say that the restaurant may not allow you (I've never tried), but it's much more likely that they won't allow it.

You can use the voucher for yourself and one child at one restaurant and then your wife and that child at another, so you would just need to buy a package for one of them. If you have free at sea then that would leave one meal for you and your wife by yourselves.

1 minute ago, KeithJenner said:

Are you sure? Have you tried this?

It would certainly be useful for many if you can do this, but I've never heard of it being allowed.

I haven’t tried it myself, but I would be stunned if they didn’t let you do this, as long as both parents are Platinum.  One uses one of the certificates with one child and the other uses the other one.  If they give you a hard time, I would ask them to push two tables together.

But maybe I’m wrong.  If there are two cabins booked, the best way to do this is to put the Platinums in separate rooms, getting four total meals.  Key cards can be changed onboard.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

I haven’t tried it myself, but I would be stunned if they didn’t let you do this, as long as both parents are Platinum.  One uses one of the certificates with one child and the other uses the other one.  If they give you a hard time, I would ask them to push two tables together.

But maybe I’m wrong.  If there are two cabins booked, the best way to do this is to put the Platinums in separate rooms, getting four total meals.  Key cards can be changed onboard.  

It is specifically not allowed by the terms of the latitudes vouchers in that it states that the vouchers can't be used in the same restaurant. This is often interpreted as meaning that a couple can't use both vouchers in Cagneys, for example, but I think that they are actually talking about the situation we have here (both vouchers being used at the same time).

That isn't to say that the staff won't actually allow it, but it may be a risk if they don't and you end up having to pay for meals you weren't expecting to. If they don't allow it then you probably won't have much luck arguing it as it is specifically not allowed.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it if it could mean having to pay for the meals a la carte.

Absolutely agree with your final paragraph though. As long at the other perks work out (ie you don't end up paying the tips for two beverage packages that aren't used) then this can work well.

Edited by KeithJenner

2 hours ago, JUSRN said:

Does anyone know about platinum meals in solo cabin?

Do you get two dinners for one person each?

probably not two dinners times two.

It depends but I have asked and gotten the following:

Two entrees at the same place for one dinner while solo (Onda on the Spirit)

Two meals at different times using one voucher because I was solo (Food Republic on the Bliss)

It's a bit much given the amount of food so I don't do it every time.

46 minutes ago, mistertomatoe said:

It depends but I have asked and gotten the following:

Two entrees at the same place for one dinner while solo (Onda on the Spirit)

Two meals at different times using one voucher because I was solo (Food Republic on the Bliss)

It's a bit much given the amount of food so I don't do it every time.

you were able to get two entrees at once???  You're the first person I've seen that has been able to get that.  congrats 

1 hour ago, Russiamomm said:

According to the term the two coupons cannot be used at the same restaurant. As mentioned by others. Screenshot from FAQ included

Skärmbild (82).png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

It is specifically not allowed by the terms of the latitudes vouchers in that it states that the vouchers can't be used in the same restaurant. This is often interpreted as meaning that a couple can't use both vouchers in Cagneys, for example, but I think that they are actually talking about the situation we have here (both vouchers being used at the same time).

That isn't to say that the staff won't actually allow it, but it may be a risk if they don't and you end up having to pay for meals you weren't expecting to. If they don't allow it then you probably won't have much luck arguing it as it is specifically not allowed.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it if it could mean having to pay for the meals a la carte.

Absolutely agree with your final paragraph though. As long at the other perks work out (ie you don't end up paying the tips for two beverage packages that aren't used) then this can work well.

16 minutes ago, Asawi said:

According to the term the two coupons cannot be used at the same restaurant. As mentioned by others. Screenshot from FAQ included

Skärmbild (82).png

I stand corrected based on the written terms and conditions.  But rules are not always followed.  The T&C also say it’s two guests maximum, but just last week we were able to use one voucher for four of us at Food Republic on the Joy.  The server didn’t bat an eye.  Granted that Food Republic is not one of the traditional specialty restaurants like Cagneys or Ocean Blue.  In those I can see that rule being enforced.  

Edited by Russiamomm

10 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

But rules are not always followed.

Yes, I've said that on both my posts on this subject.

As I said in my last post, I wouldn't try this if a rejection would mean having to pay a la carte prices. I'd much rather play safe and know what's going to happen when I turn up, and what it will cost, even if that is a bit more than it would cost if I got lucky.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

Awesome 

And it says this specifically on my boarding pass:

LATITUDES REWARDS. As a Latitudes Rewards member, you will receive special offers and promotions, onboard benefits and Norwegian Cruise Line news. No action is required on your part. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JUSRN said:

Does anyone know about platinum meals in solo cabin?

Do you get two dinners for one person each?

probably not two dinners times two.

My last solo cruise I had two dinners for two.  Meaning, for each of the two dinners, I could take another traveler with me and have their meal covered.  Normally as a solo I will pre-book a table for 4.  I always make friends with other solos who will join me for specialty dining.

If you choose to eat alone, you only get one meal at dinner two separate times. 

1 minute ago, tstahl said:

My last solo cruise I had two dinners for two.  Meaning, for each of the two dinners, I could take another traveler with me and have their meal covered.  Normally as a solo I will pre-book a table for 4.  I always make friends with other solos who will join me for specialty dining.

If you choose to eat alone, you only get one meal at dinner two separate times. 

yes, this works real nice when you meet another solo platinum and above.  You can take each other and you end up with 4 meals 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

You get two dinners for two. If you find someone to go with you then you can treat them. Even better, find another platinum who is solo and you get four meals for two between you.

What you can't do is split your vouchers to make four meals 

Edited by kelib

20 hours ago, Russiamomm said:

I stand corrected based on the written terms and conditions.  But rules are not always followed.  The T&C also say it’s two guests maximum, but just last week we were able to use one voucher for four of us at Food Republic on the Joy.  The server didn’t bat an eye.  Granted that Food Republic is not one of the traditional specialty restaurants like Cagneys or Ocean Blue.  In those I can see that rule being enforced.  

NCL picks and chooses which rules to enforce on which day, and depending on much loudly you bark they change their minds.

Our last trip we had 3 passengers sharing the same cabin. All 3 were platinum or above, so we had 2 different letters in the room talking about our perks. We went to eat together at Moderno one night and it was a fiasco. They were saying we couldn't use 2 of our vouchers at the same time. And when we pushed back to say what if guest 3 ate on their own but happened to pick Moderno as well at a different time of night, would we be prevented from eating there too because he beat us there? 

Eventually after getting the manager they let us use 2 vouchers for the 3 of us. They kept pushing for me to just use my FAS credit, but I didn't want to do that because what you get with FAS is a little different from the latitude voucher in some restaurants.

As for Food Republic being shared for 4 people, you get 4 items per credit/voucher person. So my guess is they don't care how many bellies it is filling, 4 items if you're using one part of the credit. We've used a single credit at Q between 2 people, and the 2nd credit at Food Republic for items and 2 people. So yes, you can 'share' a voucher, but it depends on the wait staff and how they interpret what it is you're trying to do.