Platinum Latitudes Question

We became Platinum after our last cruise and looking at the tier benefits, I have a question.

The new benefits include 'Dinner for Two' and 'Dinner for Two with a Bottle of wine' (both per stateroom). Does this mean we can visit two specialty restaurants or something else? Also, are these benefits just once when you reach Platinum status or per cruise?

We sail on the Breakaway on Sunday, so I would like to know if I need to book a dining package or not. We're in the Haven for five nights, so two specialty meals will be more than enough.

2 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

We became Platinum after our last cruise and looking at the tier benefits, I have a question.

The new benefits include 'Dinner for Two' and 'Dinner for Two with a Bottle of wine' (both per stateroom). Does this mean we can visit two specialty restaurants or something else? Also, are these benefits just once when you reach Platinum status or per cruise?

We sail on the Breakaway on Sunday, so I would like to know if I need to book a dining package or not. We're in the Haven for five nights, so two specialty meals will be more than enough.

Yes, it is two specialty dinners for 2, one with a bottle of wine. And you get this for every cruise, not just once.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 5

A great perk...and add that to the two FAS specialty meals means you get four specialty meals during your 7 night cruise. On our recent cruise on the Encore the wine list they give you for your bottle of wine had a great choice, many of which were not on the regular menu. Enjoy your cruise 😎

Welcome to the club. It's every cruise, and the freebie wine list has actually improved a lot, there's some decent choices on there considering it's free. If you don't finish your bottle you can take the rest to go.

So yes, 2 guests get to have 2 extra specialty dining meals for free on every cruise from now on out. If you don't feel you need extra specialty dining, then you can skip the free at sea dining plan - although at only $20 per person it isn't a bad deal to have in your pocket and get 4 meals.

An option is to take the bottle of wine with you unopened. That often works well as we have wine with the meal anyway using free at sea and the platinum bottle can be nice to have a lazy afternoon on the balcony.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Guindalf said:

Make sure to make reservations 125 days prior to departure. You book both your Free at Sea and Platinum meals at the same time. The reservation system just books a table - it does not care how you are paying for the dinner. 

You will have two vouchers in your room when you arrive. You must take the vouchers with you to dinner. 

Example free wine list from a few weeks ago (selections will vary depending on what the ship has available). Like @KeithJenner said, we often will take our bottle unopened and enjoy it later. 

IMG_0310.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Make sure to make reservations 125 days prior to departure. You book both your Free at Sea and Platinum meals at the same time. The reservation system just books a table - it does not care how you are paying for the dinner. 

You will have two vouchers in your room when you arrive. You must take the vouchers with you to dinner. 

Example free wine list from a few weeks ago (selections will vary depending on what the ship has available). Like @KeithJenner said, we often will take our bottle unopened and enjoy it later. 

IMG_0310.jpeg

Thank you for that list!

Guindalf’s in the Haven so can book the specialty restaurants at day 130.

As an aside, there's no FAS for this cruise. It's an oddity - a cancelled charter that was being resold through a single website. Super cheap deals ($129 + fees for a solo balcony), but no FAS offered.

(You can buy the drink package, but it's like $85/day.)

5 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Yes, it is two specialty dinners for 2, one with a bottle of wine. And you get this for every cruise, not just once.

Enjoy your cruise!

For every cruise of sufficient duration.  As I recall, the break point is five days or longer.

3 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

An option is to take the bottle of wine with you unopened. That often works well as we have wine with the meal anyway using free at sea and the platinum bottle can be nice to have a lazy afternoon on the balcony.

We have done that as well.  Once or twice we even ended up taking the bottle with us when we disembarked, and enjoyed the wine later during our travels or once we returned home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alanstarr said:

As an aside, there's no FAS for this cruise. It's an oddity - a cancelled charter that was being resold through a single website. Super cheap deals ($129 + fees for a solo balcony), but no FAS offered.

(You can buy the drink package, but it's like $85/day.)

If it's not an official NCL cruise, then the platinum perks may not apply either since those are offered through NCL - not the random company sponsoring the sailing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the responses.

Yeah, no FaS this cruise, so with five nights, we would only need two specialty meals as we're in the Haven anyway. We sail on Sunday, so nothing's booked, but the concierge can work wonders if needed 😉

We had a two meal plan booked and canceled when I checked the Platinum perks. We'll find out Sunday what we get, but we DO get the drinks package as Haven guests.

On our last cruise (in the neighboring room) in February, I had a couple of guests who had the upgraded drinks package buying our johnny Walker Blue for me. I doubt I'll be that lucky this time!

Edited by Guindalf

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, JUSRN said:

Does anyone know about platinum meals in solo cabin?

Do you get two dinners for one person each?

probably not two dinners times two.

Nevermind! I'm dumb.

Edited by cruiseny4life

5 minutes ago, JUSRN said:

Does anyone know about platinum meals in solo cabin?

Do you get two dinners for one person each?

probably not two dinners times two.

You get two dinners for two. If you find someone to go with you then you can treat them. Even better, find another platinum who is solo and you get four meals for two between you.

What you can't do is split your vouchers to make four meals for one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Guindalf said:

Thanks for the responses.

Yeah, no FaS this cruise, so with five nights, we would only need two specialty meals as we're in the Haven anyway. We sail on Sunday, so nothing's booked, but the concierge can work wonders if needed 😉

We had a two meal plan booked and canceled when I checked the Platinum perks. We'll find out Sunday what we get, but we DO get the drinks package as Haven guests.

On our last cruise (in the neighboring room) in February, I had a couple of guests who had the upgraded drinks package buying our johnny Walker Blue for me. I doubt I'll be that lucky this time!

I think you need to double check your actual cruise documents because there's a lot of conflicting and incorrect information all over this thread. You do NOT get an automatic drink package just because you're in the Haven - not sure where you heard that from. 

Concierge can do things, but not if everything is sold out already. So don't rely on that completely if you have your heart set on a specific place at a specific prime time. They can't add a table if there's none left by the time you decide what you want. If you don't care what time you eat and just want to go to Cagneys one time, then yes, they'll find a spot. But it might be at 9pm the day the entertainment is happening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

Once or twice we even ended up taking the bottle with us when we disembarked, and enjoyed the wine later during our travels or once we returned home.

Great idea. Nice way to "extend" your cruise after you get home.

Posted (edited)

Wife and I are both platinum, traveling with adult children. Can I use 1 platinum with one guest and wife use other platinum at same restaurant, same table, so the 4 of us can eat one meal together for free?

Edited by DwayneG

49 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

I think you need to double check your actual cruise documents because there's a lot of conflicting and incorrect information all over this thread. You do NOT get an automatic drink package just because you're in the Haven - not sure where you heard that from. 

Actually, on this particular cruise you DO automatically get the drink package with the Haven. Its one of the reasons why the Haven rooms were 2k while the balconies were 10% of that.

And I think that specialty dining will be VERY empty. Combination of few passengers, and also fewer elites than usual. 

6 minutes ago, DwayneG said:

Wife and I are both platinum, traveling with adult children. Can I use 1 platinum with one guest and wife use other platinum at same restaurant, same table, so the 4 of us can eat one meal together for free?

Yes.

2 minutes ago, alanstarr said:

Actually, on this particular cruise you DO automatically get the drink package with the Haven. Its one of the reasons why the Haven rooms were 2k while the balconies were 10% of that.

And I think that specialty dining will be VERY empty. Combination of few passengers, and also fewer elites than usual. 

And how does one book this magical cruise?  😃

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DwayneG said:

No, you can't do that as the vouchers can't be used together.

That isn't to say that the restaurant may not allow you (I've never tried), but it's much more likely that they won't allow it.

You can use the voucher for yourself and one child at one restaurant and then your wife and that child at another, so you would just need to buy a package for one of them. If you have free at sea then that would leave one meal for you and your wife by yourselves.

Just now, Russiamomm said:

And how does one book this magical cruise?  😃

No longer available to book, expired earlier this week. If you search for NCL Breakaway and Perx, I'm sure you'll find the info.