Edge compared to Beyond if you don't care about the bars

Hi all

I've been reviewing older posts about the Edge vs the Beyond but almost all of them focus on the newer or expanded bars on the Beyond vs the Edge.

If you don't drink or care about the bars, is there any real differences to care about?  We're looking at changing our next Celebrity cruise from an itinerary on the Beyond to one on the Edge and are wondering if the ship should be a factor.

Thanks in advance.

Posted (edited)
  • I very much enjoyed the plunge pools on the starboard side of the Ascent, which I believe the Beyond also has.  

Sunset bar has a much nicer vibe, whether you take a drink or not.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

Been on both ships. The Beyond has a nicer Retreat lounge and sun deck with more shade. Also Luminae is nicer with more windows. Beyond also has LeVoyage restaurant and Edge does not. If none of this matters in your situation than the ships are pretty much the same. 

I have been on both Edge and Beyond (Beyond first). I don't drink so I don't concentrate on the bars. But besides the bars, the whole area in the center of the ship is smaller on Edge and you will notice a difference if you have been on both. For instance, the al Bacio area is configured differently on the Edge and is smaller. I was not in a suite, so I can't comment on the Retreat differences. The Club area, where they hold trivia and some other events, has windows on Beyond and not on Edge (but they keep the curtains closed so you can't see out anyway).

Bottom line, the ships are more alike than they are different. If you are considering which one to choose for a cruise, look at the itinerary and not the ship because the cabins and most of the main areas (restaurants, pool deck) are very similar. We noticed more wear and tear on Edge because it's older, but those were minor things.