Wine In Luminae

DaKahuna

23 hours ago, ohiopops4 said:

Overall, we’ve found the wine by the glass selection to be woefully inadequate.  That, coupled with the increase in suite pricing has prompted us to investigate other cruise choices.  

I hope you did as I did and wrote about that in your post cruise survey.  

On 5/27/2024 at 11:42 AM, bigbenboys said:

We are on Apex next month. You were charged an up charge in the Retreat Lounge for Mer Soleil Chardonnay?

This is very disappointing. Mer Soleil Chardonnay is my favorite wine. Someone on Facebook said you can only get Mer Soleil Chardonnay by the bottle now at $76. 

Death by 1000 cuts😰

so what is the up charge/difference from premium package to get a glass of Mer Soleil? Guessing $2?  Annoying, it was included on Premium package on Edge in Med last summer. 

14 hours ago, ADD Boy said:

so what is the up charge/difference from premium package to get a glass of Mer Soleil? Guessing $2?  Annoying, it was included on Premium package on Edge in Med last summer. 

$2.00 plus 20% gratuity. 

Last November a lot of wines, such as Mer Soleil, that were on the Premium Package were repriced to an group called Elevated.  These no longer fell under the premium package and went from $17 to $19 a glass.  Due to a huge uproar, Duckhorn was put back on the Premium package but none of the others were.  

I found it very annoying and was very verbose about it in my feedback to Celebrity on my last cruise. I listed everything that I had in a Sky Suite on the cruise before when I had booked this cruise and what the changes were and how they impacted me.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 12:42 PM, bigbenboys said:

We are on Apex next month. You were charged an up charge in the Retreat Lounge for Mer Soleil Chardonnay?

This is very disappointing. Mer Soleil Chardonnay is my favorite wine. Someone on Facebook said you can only get Mer Soleil Chardonnay by the bottle now at $76. 

Death by 1000 cuts😰

Mer Soleil is $20 at our grocery store!  $76 is highway robbery!   I was so hoping to enjoy it with my meals on Eclipse, but I won't pay that crazy price. .

Edited by quicklabs
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, quicklabs said:

Mer Soleil is $20 at our grocery store!  $76 is highway robbery!   I was so hoping to enjoy it with my meals on Eclipse, but I won't pay that crazy price. .

I just tried it with my lunch.  Not my favorite but not bad.  

4 hours ago, quicklabs said:

Bring a bottle (or 2 if there are 2 of you) on board?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

What a very good idea!  We've not been bringing any wine onboard, since there was so much on offer.  I'd forgotten entirely about this.  Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

We always bring on two even with premium liquor package, too bad they did away with allowing 4 . I did have a argument with some employees on corkage they wanted to charge , celebrity rule is no corkage if you have a drink package.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

If I’m going to drag two bottles of Chardonnay onboard it will be something much better than Mer Soleil and almost certainly not a Wagner wine. But that may just be me. 

We should have grabbed a couple of bottles of Pinot Noir in Anchorage before getting to Seward. Oh, well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, markeb said:

If I’m going to drag two bottles of Chardonnay onboard it will be something much better than Mer Soleil and almost certainly not a Wagner wine. But that may just be me. 

We should have grabbed a couple of bottles of Pinot Noir in Anchorage before getting to Seward. Oh, well. 

What kind of Pinot Noir do you prefer?  And do you know what they have by the bottle on board?

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What kind of Pinot Noir do you prefer?  And do you know what they have by the bottle on board?

Burgundy when I can afford it, usually Village and occasionally Premier Cru. Grand Cru is outrageous. Willamette Valley, Russian River, and Sonoma

County. After that I have to know it to buy it. 

I’ll know more tonight on what’s available. They’re selling Penner Ash by the glass at $25/glass. Last cruise it was by the bottle at about $80 or so. It’s a great Oregon Pinot Noir. If I do the business school thing and just consider the package as a sunk cost, it would by worth $9.60 a glass!

51 minutes ago, markeb said:

That's great for you. The poster I quoted seems to like it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

That's great for you. The poster I quoted seems to like it.

I put Mer Soleil on my buy list at what, $14?  But I wouldn’t buy at $30.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

On Millennium I had:

Kendal Jackson Vintner's Reserve

Cherry Pie 

Castle Rock

Simple Grape 

11 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Again, I was quoting someone else who likes it. Everyone has their likes and dislikes and their price limits.

That wasn’t a criticism of you or the wine.  I was saying I like it!