Ventura in 2026 been a while!

meeann

We’re going on the Ventura in 2026 - it’s a family cruise, 3 generations ranging from 3 -64yrs old.  We were last on the cruise in 2014.  Can anyone tell me what has changed since then for the better or worse? is the ‘endless pool’ at the back of the ship still there or is it just a small swimming pool now. Also previously just sailed as a couple now have young grandchildren with us and wondering about the kids club and any restrictions in the big pools i.e. adults only etc.  TIA x

The endless pool you mentioned is at the front of the ship and a smaller pool at the rear with the covered pool in the middle with the outside pool . We were on last year and didn't see any changes although they were doing some work round the beachcomber bar 

On 4/28/2024 at 3:36 PM, Bin man said:

The endless pool you mentioned is at the front of the ship and a smaller pool at the rear with the covered pool in the middle with the outside pool . We were on last year and didn't see any changes although they were doing some work round the beachcomber bar 

Well I did say it’s been quite a while , I always thought the endless pool was at the back! Thanks for that. Will see if anyone can tell us what the kids club is like. 

1 hour ago, meeann said:

Well I did say it’s been quite a while , I always thought the endless pool was at the back! Thanks for that. Will see if anyone can tell us what the kids club is like. 

I thought the endless feature on the forward pool had been disabled for years?

Dont know only went with the winter 25 /26 brochure plan calls it endless pool .On the new full brochure summer 26 it's called the oasis pool 

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought the endless feature on the forward pool had been disabled for years?

That’s sad, as my husband loved it - good work out !

I don't intend to put you off and maybe our experience was one that not too many encounter. We went on Ventura last March/April 35 nights to US and Caribbean, taking in Mexico and Belize and Roatan. To say the cruise was a disaster was putting it mildly. From start to finish not a cruise we cherished in any way. Cabin changed the day before so had to reprint labels for cases. Ship five hours late into port so huge queues at port. Got on ship, went to cabin, wrong cards to open door. Had paid £400 for a Celebration package. Nothing in cabin. Took 17 days of the cruise to sort out. Part of that was a formal photograph with frame. No photographer onboard, then when one was available, no frames. Again part of package a facial or massage at the Spa. They weren't aware of change of cabin. Got to New Orleans, immigration a nightmare (not P&O's fault) but it was supposed to be two full days, some never got through until 4.30 in the afternoon. Food was poor, except the meals we had in Sindu. Back to when we arrived firstly at our cabin. A huge line of cases, half not ours. The last one when we were going to bed. Problems at Miami with airbridge. People coughing and spluttering onboard and norovirus as a section was closed in the corridor with people in white overalls spraying carpets etc. One deck many were moved due to flooding as some pipe had burst or broken. Might have known as didn't like Ventura first time around although that cruise was way better than the one just explained. Cruising this year, but have switched allegiance to Princess as we have heard better reports of them. But as I say everyone has a different view/experience of a particular cruise. I suppose it's sods law that out of 17 cruises one might be less than satisfactory.

Kids club is great: it’s my son’s favourite 😊 He prefers it to the Iona and Britannia - in fact it’s his favourite ship. He’s been on from being 2 and now 7. 

There is an arcade, which I can’t remember being there when I first went on it 10+ years ago. It’s quite reasonably priced as arcades go and has a good selection of games.

The entertainment is relatively family-friendly too, and the indoor pool is usually open and useable a bit later in to the evening (which can be handy if you have children if there isn’t anything on in the evening that you want to do: there is also a bar in there and it’s near the buffet so you can have a drink and some food while the children swim (depending on their ages and abilities etc) 😊

Just to counteract no.7. We were on Ventura a month ago. We really felt cruising was now back to normal. Food, entertainment, staff etc. all great 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, happy v said:

Just to counteract no.7. We were on Ventura a month ago. We really felt cruising was now back to normal. Food, entertainment, staff etc. all great 

I agree with you: we had a great trip on the Ventura last year and are going again this year. My son chose it above any other ship 😊

• Like 1

We've booked to go to Spain and France on Ventura in 2026 as well.

We were on Ventura last summer to the Canaries and had a great time. The adult only pool just outside the Retreat was a good spot and we booked the Retreat for the fortnight. With the 2026 cruise being May half term I think we will book the Retreat again.

• Like 3

Same here had a great cruise on Ventura and would be happy to return .

A polite request .. @Cruisemeister2002 could you please put some line breaks

in your long texts….and paragraphs,It's  like reading a herd of zebras. 🙂

• Haha 1