Live: Queen Anne Maiden Voyage.

Colin_Cameron

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

Do I take it from this comment that you are dining in Britannia Club? If so, aside from the restaurant size, how are you finding the food and service (we are booked in BC on QA for two cruises). Thanks. 

Food has been good so far.  Service has improved since day one as per other comments, but then this is the first trip with passengers so I was expecting more hiccups than there have been.  Of the staff i've spoken with quite a few have come over from the QM2 so there may be some familiar faces for some.  But given that they are getting used to a new ship I think the service is fine.  By the time of your cruise everything will be fine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Yes, you can do that on here regardless of what cabin category you’re in

Is the rear of deck 11 not also grills I just got to where the wellness studio ia and there is a gate.  I thought it was all Grills only from there?

Just now, Colin_Cameron said:

I'm with Myles on everything here.

20240505_135439.thumb.jpg.55bfc80cd9d24cad017e16a8594364a0.jpg

Edit to add that the photo I have from below, looking up is a portrait one so will probably turn sideways if I post it.

I’ve just gone outside to take these pictures. I’m not in the Grills’ and not in their area when I took these. IMG_4761.thumb.jpeg.45cb1a45ccb4f279fa0266448ce52e06.jpegIMG_4762.thumb.jpeg.2516c4713b2fdb38c24ca2e3bbe0b97f.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cruise Puss said:

Hi everyone,

Possibly a daft question, but how many of the bars have seating actually at the bar?

Thanks in advance. ☺️

Tha Chart Room,  Carinthia Lounge, Queen's Room,  at least three of the outdoor bars and probably some others. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

@tacticalbanjo I thought you would be easy to find but there seem to be quite a number of babies, infants and children on board.

That’s nice. Perhaps they will still be on Cunard when they are 80. 😀

On 5/6/2024 at 9:40 AM, Colin_Cameron said:

It seems I'm not alone in my thinking that the Queen's Room is not large enough. Tonight's World Club party is to be held in the Pavilion, by the pool.

Our WCP is designated for tomorrow evening which is no bad thing as Russel Watson will have completed his giggs.

14 minutes ago, Kynance said:

Thanks to everyone for taking the time out from their voyage to post. I’m enjoying reading all the comments and I think it is safe to say that I would rather be on QA right now than sitting here in dreary, chill and wet West Berkshire on a bank holiday Monday!  Based on what I’ve read and seen so far, I think I’d probably like some things and not others, so I remain agnostic at the moment. On QM2 in a few weeks so probably going to spend this afternoon looking for a future voyage to book whilst on board. Who knows, it may be QA - keeping an open mind but I do wish Cunard would bring QE back to the UK…

So do I.

5 minutes ago, MylesS said:

I’ve just gone outside to take these pictures. I’m not in the Grills’ and not in their area when I took these. 

So you have to go down to deck 10 and then back up to get to that deck? 

7 minutes ago, richard_london said:

Is the rear of deck 11 not also grills I just got to where the wellness studio ia and there is a gate.  I thought it was all Grills only from there?

No, it's only the Centre section. The problem is getting from A to C without going through B. 

1 minute ago, richard_london said:

No, because that's also the Grills. You need to go down to at least 9.

Just now, richard_london said:

Yes. For context on what I did, I went to Deck 10 stairway C and through Aji Wa (no seating yet, so thought this was acceptable) and from there you can get out to the open deck. Then up the small set of stairs and you’re just behind the funnel, with deck chairs directly behind if you’re so inclined as well. 

10 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Tha Chart Room,  Carinthia Lounge, Queen's Room,  at least three of the outdoor bars and probably some others. 

Many thanks. 👍☺️

1 minute ago, Colin_Cameron said:

No, it's only the Centre section. The problem is getting from A to C without going through B. 

Ah!   Thank you.  I thought it odd that there seemed so little deck space.  Thanks for clarifying. I thought it was odd because I couldn't find anywhere to sit out in the sun and thought I must be missing something. Your help is much appreciated!

• Like 1

Just now, Cruise Puss said:

Hi everyone,

Possibly a daft question, but how many of the bars have seating actually at the bar?

Thanks in advance. ☺️

The only one that springs to mind that doesn’t have bar seating is the Commodore Club, though I could be missing one or two.

4 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Yes. For context on what I did, I went to Deck 10 stairway C and through Aji Wa (no seating yet, so thought this was acceptable) and from there you can get out to the open deck. Then up the small set of stairs and you’re just behind the funnel, with deck chairs directly behind if you’re so inclined as well. 

Brilliant!   Thanks for your help.  Much appreciated. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MylesS said:

The only one that springs to mind that doesn’t have bar seating is the Commodore Club, though I could be missing one or two.

That's weird. I would have thought that would definitely have some.

Do you think they will be added, or is it a permanent thing?

Some of you may remember a review, where someone’s cruise was pretty much ruined by disorderly non-matching cruets. I imagine they will happy with the ship at least. 😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/6/2024 at 11:58 AM, MylesS said:

I’ve just gone outside to take these pictures. I’m not in the Grills’ and not in their area when I took these. IMG_4761.thumb.jpeg.45cb1a45ccb4f279fa0266448ce52e06.jpegIMG_4762.thumb.jpeg.2516c4713b2fdb38c24ca2e3bbe0b97f.jpeg

We are not over impressed with the Grills Terrace. The standard deck  furniture is well below that of Queen Victoria….

IMG_1200.thumb.jpeg.49a6cd7854600a66099218a9905dbcce.jpeg

….while the funnel exhaust noise is most intrusive while under steam…..

IMG_1204.thumb.jpeg.89b1543b19ad021dbf3824e0033d15c4.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Just now, Solent Richard said:

We are not over impressed with the Grills Terrace. The standard deck  furniture is well below that of Queen Victoria….

IMG_1200.thumb.jpeg.49a6cd7854600a66099218a9905dbcce.jpeg

….while the funnel exhaust noise is most intrusive while under steam…..

IMG_1204.thumb.jpeg.89b1543b19ad021dbf3824e0033d15c4.jpeg

Sorry to hear that, I’m sure I’d agree with your points though. I think the only appealing thing up there in that case is the whirlpools?

I can’t say with confidence I’d do the Grills on Queen Anne. The Princess suites don’t look too special to me, and from photos I don’t think the Queens Grill restaurant would be my cup of tea either.

Yes there’s the other benefits, but I’m not sure if I’d be willing to spend the extra given the draw backs listed above.

I think a balcony cabin with the speciality restaurants is the sweet spot for us on here right now. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Some of you may remember a review, where someone’s cruise was pretty much ruined by disorderly non-matching cruets. I imagine they will happy with the ship at least. 😀

That must go with the apparent lack of fish knives and forks comment when it seemed Norman wasn't available!😁

1 minute ago, Victoria2 said:

That must go with the apparent lack of fish knives and forks comment when it seemed Norman wasn't available!😁

Probably on the other phone.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Sorry to hear that, I’m sure I’d agree with your points though. I think the only appealing thing up there in that case is the whirlpools?

I can’t say with confidence I’d do the Grills on Queen Anne. The Princess suites don’t look too special to me, and from photos I don’t think the Queens Grill restaurant would be my cup of tea either.

Yes there’s the other benefits, but I’m not sure if I’d be willing to spend the extra given the draw backs listed above.

I think a balcony cabin with the speciality restaurants is the sweet spot for us on here right now. 

What are the access arrangements to the Grills? Do you still have to put your card in the hole in the lift or is there a tap on arrangement? And what about the terraces?

Edited by exlondoner

I tho0ught the chairs on the grill deck looked very comfortable [one for   here

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

Probably on the other phone.

Def separated at birth!!!😄

• Haha 1