Live: Queen Anne Maiden Voyage.

Colin_Cameron

12 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

The early bird catches the Bright Lights….

IMG_0997.thumb.png.9e4d6849905cba7169c4cabb1fbaa73d.png

Is this at extra cost?

Lunch menu looked very nice. I hope we get it next week.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Anyone else onboard?

Maybe you have the ship to yourselves! 🤣

Not really. I know of three ladies that are on board with you.

17 minutes ago, D&N said:

Maybe you have the ship to yourselves! 🤣

Not really. I know of three ladies that are on board with you.

Well there is entertainment in the Queens Room…

IMG_1015.thumb.jpeg.8055377f488fb2a1945c8fb88be8f9ce.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Been onboard for nearly 2 hours now. We were sped through check in and security was fairly quick, I think this was because we abided by our embarkation time.

Terminal to cabin was about 20 minutes!

Had a small wonder around, we’ve booked the spa for the week after having a tour. 

Now sat in the Chart Room (which might I add has a fantastic bar!) with a (at least I hope) deserved beer. 

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Been onboard for nearly 2 hours now. We were sped through check in and security was fairly quick, I think this was because we abided by our embarkation time.

Had a small wonder around, we’ve booked the spa for the week after having a tour. 

Now sat in the Chart Room (which might I add has a fantastic bar!) with a (at least I hope) deserved beer. 

How much was the spa for the week (assuming the aqua therapy pools?), if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Well there is entertainment in the Queens Room…

IMG_1015.thumb.jpeg.8055377f488fb2a1945c8fb88be8f9ce.jpeg

I'm sure they're very good, but they don't look like dancers! 🤣

Then again, couldn't they play on the "band" stand and let folk dance to their music?

51 minutes ago, MylesS said:

We are of the opinion that this could be our go to bar most pre-dinners. Shades on Celebrity’s popular Martini Bar.

IMG_0999.thumb.jpeg.bdde07b1d86c6dc3763fddea0cefbe6f.jpeg

• Like 6

Just now, Solent Richard said:

We are of the opinion that this could be our go to bar most pre-dinners. Shades on Celebrity’s popular Martini Bar.

IMG_0999.thumb.jpeg.bdde07b1d86c6dc3763fddea0cefbe6f.jpeg

As you make your way around, pls report back on the comfort of the various chairs and seating arrangements. Keep it up!👍 

• Like 3

really looking forward to reading about the maiden voyage. We are on in June for the Fjords. Have a wonderful time everyone. A few years ago we left Southampton on QV along with QM2 and QE and the fireworks were outstanding. 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2024 at 11:35 PM, Colin_Cameron said:

Nope.

I wish I had. It turned the last hour of the journey into two and a quarter hours. I didn't notice at the time how much longer (or shorter) she thought it would take. Because it was last minute, I was already in the left lane ready to take the exit, I assumed she had good reason, but who knows.

From a FB post; "roadworks on A34 near Oxford they had forgotten about until they were at a standstill". But I didn't get impression they were delayed that much.

• Like 1

Well it’s 20 mins until dinner and no sign of my cases. The steward says none of the cases in my area have come up yet. So the question is do I just front my day clothes out in Britannia or slum it in the buffet even though I’d never normally eat there in the evening. 

Also stepped on a small shard of metal which was embedded in the carpet so not off to a great start!

It’s not your fault you can’t dress for dinner. I’m sure many others will be in the same boat ( no pun intended). Enjoy your first dinner regardless of your clothes. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tacticalbanjo said:

Well it’s 20 mins until dinner and no sign of my cases. The steward says none of the cases in my area have come up yet. So the question is do I just front my day clothes out in Britannia or slum it in the buffet even though I’d never normally eat there in the evening. 

Also stepped on a small shard of metal which was embedded in the carpet so not off to a great start!

Hope your foot is OK, I would go for dinner in Britannia. I'm sure they'll be understanding.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, tacticalbanjo said:

Wear your day clothes - you have an obvious excuse. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DukeBeetle24 said:

How much was the spa for the week (assuming the aqua therapy pools?), if you don't mind me asking?

We paid I believe $149 per-person for the week (may be a bit off, I’ve now had several drinks)

The thermal area looks great, much better than the other Queens in my opinion, though they are doing 2 hour slots per-day.

We’re now in Britannia for dinner, however, as impressive as the room is, I’m yet to even have someone take my order after 30 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Oops. That bottle was upright when I posted the pic.

Boarding was OK. We had a short wait in the terminal as they had to suspend boarding while a container ship manouvered past QA.

Someone mentioned a boutique hotel rather than ship feeling and there's certainly something about the lift lobbies that gives that impression. Not sure what it is.

For the first hour and a half our cabin toilet wouldn't flush, but seems to be OK now. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a repeat of QV's maiden voyage.

The lower hanging rail in the main wardrobe is too high to allow stuff on the upper rail to hang cleanly without draping over the lower rail but it's OK in the narrow one beside the bed. A total of 30 hangers (20+5+5) in this standard balcony cabin.

On QV the full length mirror was inconveniently on the inside of the wardrobe door.  They corrected this on QE by putting it on the outside of the wardrobe facing into the cabin. Having learnt that lesson where do you think they've put it on QA?

20240503_143159.jpg

20240503_140355.jpg

20240503_140410.jpg

20240503_140434.jpg

Edit:I see these portrait photos have also turned sideways. Not sure if HH can do anything with them?

Edited by Colin_Cameron
  • Thanks 1

I’ll add as well, as I don’t think it’s mentioned, but the cruise terminal was slightly decorated for the ship. Lots of the colourful branding, it was as if the terminal was there just for her. 

I’ll try add some pictures later! 

• Like 3