Live: Queen Anne Maiden Voyage.

Colin_Cameron

I think the chairs on the Grills deck look really comfortable [[good heavens, a QA chair compliment from me!!] and nothing wrong with the loungers either. The pads will probably be easier to keep 'clean' than the really thick ones.

Looks good to me so far.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Some of you may remember a review, where someone’s cruise was pretty much ruined by disorderly non-matching cruets. I imagine they will happy with the ship at least. 😀

Do you have a link - id love to read that review !

31 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Sorry to hear that, I’m sure I’d agree with your points though. I think the only appealing thing up there in that case is the whirlpools?

I can’t say with confidence I’d do the Grills on Queen Anne. The Princess suites don’t look too special to me, and from photos I don’t think the Queens Grill restaurant would be my cup of tea either.

Yes there’s the other benefits, but I’m not sure if I’d be willing to spend the extra given the draw backs listed above.

I think a balcony cabin with the speciality restaurants is the sweet spot for us on here right now. 

Especially if you opt for one of the larger deck 4 balconies. 

32 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Sorry to hear that, I’m sure I’d agree with your points though. I think the only appealing thing up there in that case is the whirlpools?

I can’t say with confidence I’d do the Grills on Queen Anne. The Princess suites don’t look too special to me, and from photos I don’t think the Queens Grill restaurant would be my cup of tea either.

Yes there’s the other benefits, but I’m not sure if I’d be willing to spend the extra given the draw backs listed above.

I think a balcony cabin with the speciality restaurants is the sweet spot for us on here right now. 

Especially if you opt for one of the larger deck 4 balconies. 

36 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

We are not over impressed with the Grills Terrace. The standard deck  furniture is well below that of Queen Victoria….

IMG_1200.thumb.jpeg.49a6cd7854600a66099218a9905dbcce.jpeg

….while the funnel exhaust noise is most intrusive while under steam…..

IMG_1204.thumb.jpeg.89b1543b19ad021dbf3824e0033d15c4.jpeg

One of the reasons I booked PG is that the renderings made the shaded area seem larger and most other space looked uncovered. I want fresh air but I don't want to bake. Are there any loungers under that little covered area? 

1 hour ago, Colin_Cameron said:

@tacticalbanjo I thought you would be easy to find but there seem to be quite a number of babies, infants and children on board.

I’m really surprised how many children there are considering how much it cost to come on the maiden. They all seem to be having a good time though which is great for Cunard’s future.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, tacticalbanjo said:

I’m really surprised how many children there are considering how much it cost to come on the maiden. They all seem to be having a good time though which is great for Cunard’s future.

I think it’s half term week for some schools 

43 minutes ago, MylesS said:

That's a very interesting take - you can do a fair bit of speciality dining* for the difference between balcony and BC or BC and PG

We are on PG 7 weeks from now - I do like the bigger cabin though obviously PGs on anything else than QM2 are just stretched Britannias.  The Grills deck does look good though

(*probably every evening if you wanted to...in which case little point in doing BC!)

On 5/6/2024 at 12:53 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

One of the reasons I booked PG is that the renderings made the shaded area seem larger and most other space looked uncovered. I want fresh air but I don't want to bake. Are there any loungers under that little covered area? 

Yes , but not many….

IMG_1206.thumb.jpeg.cc95f879ed7431d76667da1145375a11.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 1:07 PM, buchanan101 said:

That's a very interesting take - you can do a fair bit of speciality dining* for the difference between balcony and BC or BC and PG

We are on PG 7 weeks from now - I do like the bigger cabin though obviously PGs on anything else than QM2 are just stretched Britannias.  The Grills deck does look good though

(*probably every evening if you wanted to...in which case little point in doing BC!)

It’s not a patch on MSC’s Yacht Club however for a comparatively same sized ship. 

And perfectly okay if you’re restricted to round UK cruising where there’s no guaranteeing the weather.

Edited by Solent Richard

Just now, buchanan101 said:

Looks good to me. And very quiet - is it cold today or something?

It’s a lovely day, warm out on deck where we are at least. 

image.thumb.jpg.00ae3f03896e01bef60a66a72775e613.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, buchanan101 said:

I’m happy to go into a bit more detail when I’m not on my phone, as it can be a controversial opinion.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

My first thought was that the corridor carpet design pointed forward, but it actually points to the closest staircase/lift.

20240504_151230.thumb.jpg.f556d12846d8fe1e86e6a9e303eabf3b.jpg

I must admit I was a bit confused to begin with - and then it all made sense. The blue points to to blue lifts at the front, the rust to the rust lifts midships, and the red to the aft lifts. Actually not a bad idea at all.

However, how is everyone doing with the lift lady informing you that your lift is going up or down? I do miss the deck sixxxxxx on QM2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Solent Richard said:

Well I haven’t spotted any machine gun nests. 

Seriously though, it’s not.

My worry with that is people using it as a shortcut to get from the front to the back or vice versa, as it looks extremely easy to do.

• Like 1