Live: Queen Anne Maiden Voyage.

Colin_Cameron

Just now, safarigal said:

However, how is everyone doing with the lift lady informing you that your lift is going up or down?

I’m looking forward to hear what she’ll say when it breaks down 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, MylesS said:

My worry with that is people using it as a shortcut to get from the front to the back or vice versa, as it looks extremely easy to do.

Is there not a gate or something that you need your card to operate?

1 hour ago, Se1lad said:

Do you have a link - id love to read that review !

I’m sorry: I’ve had a look but can’t find it. Maybe it was in a post rather than an actual review. But I honestly didn’t imagine it. My imagination is not that weird. 😀

2 minutes ago, MylesS said:

My worry with that is people using it as a shortcut to get from the front to the back

Especially when the alternative is two decks down, through the lido, and two decks up again.

3 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Is there not a gate or something that you need your card to operate?

There are gates but no sign of a card reader.  Though that may come.

7 minutes ago, safarigal said:

However, how is everyone doing with the lift lady informing you that your lift is going up or down?

I got on at the top deck yesterday to be informed that the lift was going down.

I thought, "I @&%£!* hope so"

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

I got on at the top deck yesterday to be informed that the lift was going down.

I thought, "I @&%£!* hope so"

There’s one that does that in our local Waitrose. It also consistently tells you the doors are closing, when they are in fact opening.

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Is there are card reader in the lifts?

From Cunard webpages re Grills Terrace.

Take pleasure in the sweetness of doing nothing, whiling away hours in the beautiful Grills Terrace, exclusive to guests of our Princess and Queens Grill Suites. Accessed with your suite room key, this peaceful space features two infinity hot tubs with a view out to the horizon, as well as an array of different seating options, ideal for sunbathing with a book or enjoying a glass of something cold and some nibbles. Attentive waiters are on hand to attend to drinks orders and other requests, and to ensure that your time spent here is as idyllic as possible. Found in a central location, the Grills Terrace is a superb option for relaxing after lunch, before heading back to your suite to get ready for the evening ahead.

………………

If this is open to all, without any kind of card access, it will become a bun fight for a seat. An appealing area with infinity hot tubs, who wouldn’t want to be there?

I for one, would be extremely annoyed if that does happen, after the huge premium paid for PG/QG.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LadyL1 said:

Take pleasure in the sweetness of doing nothing, whiling away hours in the beautiful Grills Terrace, exclusive to guests of our Princess and Queens Grill Suites. Accessed with your suite room key, this peaceful space features two infinity hot tubs with a view out to the horizon, as well as an array of different seating options, ideal for sunbathing with a book or enjoying a glass of something cold and some nibbles. Attentive waiters are on hand to attend to drinks orders and other requests, and to ensure that your time spent here is as idyllic as possible. Found in a central location, the Grills Terrace is a superb option for relaxing after lunch, before heading back to your suite to get ready for the evening ahead.

………………

If this is open to all, without any kind of card access, it will become a bun fight for a seat. An appealing area with infinity hot tubs, who wouldn’t want to be there?

I for one, would be extremely annoyed if that does happen, after the huge premium paid for PG/QG.

Well, at least it doesn’t seem to be happening today to judge by the pictures.

As someone that rarely uses the promenade deck on QE or QV I have no particular axe to grind, but here's my thoughts anyway.

The promenade deck has a more consistent width without the very narrow bottlenecks that exist on the Vistas, so may be more suitable for those out for pure exercise. The lack of any view on 60-70% of the circuit may discourage those out for a stroll. And those that used the loungers are obviously completely out of luck.

20240505_115719.thumb.jpg.30063be0ee5d455fce1405dbe4528479.jpg20240504_093952.thumb.jpg.fea19b78733e125a6cead734c2622921.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

As someone that rarely uses the promenade deck on QE or QV I have no particular axe to grind, but here's my thoughts anyway.

The promenade deck has a more consistent width without the very narrow bottlenecks that exist on the Vistas, so may be more suitable for those out for pure exercise. The lack of any view on 60-70% of the circuit may discourage those out for a stroll. And those that used the loungers are obviously completely out of luck.

20240505_115719.thumb.jpg.30063be0ee5d455fce1405dbe4528479.jpg20240504_093952.thumb.jpg.fea19b78733e125a6cead734c2622921.jpg

We disliked the promenade deck on P&Os Iona, as it felt disconnected from the ocean being surrounded by a tall glass screen (as you usually get on the top decks) and was mostly uncovered so could only be used in dry weather, but I’d swap the Iona promenade deck for what I’ve seen so far of the version on Queen Anne! I’m relieved that we have a balcony!

For anyone who may be interested, I overheard they’re aiming to offer the behind the scenes tour from the 3rd of June. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, LadyL1 said:

………………

I agree. The prices for a QG/PG are a lot more than Britannia Club or Britannia cabins (inside or out) & include the use of an EXCLUSIVE terrace and bar/lounge area. If this is open to everyone it will lose its appeal and, I'm pretty sure, will annoy an awful lot of people.....

1 hour ago, MylesS said:

For anyone who may be interested, I overheard they’re aiming to offer the behind the scenes tour from the 3rd of June. 

Ooh! Thanks for the heads-up!! I will definitely enquire about that. I loved the tour on QM2.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It’s a beautiful day here, the Pavilion Pool

is packed. So of course they’ve decided to shut the bar at 3.30pm. No one seems to be taking much notice of the little signs saying the bar is shut because it’s so nonsensical. Edit: Now quite shut at 3.55pm despite plenty of people round the pool. Bizarre scheduling. 

The pool here is bizarrely shallow. They can’t have filled it because my 5’4” self can comfortably stand in the deep end which advertises itself as having a depth of 5’11”! Hopefully they will fill it all the way soon as trying to swim results in grounding yourself about halfway along. It was nice and warm today and I’ve enjoyed a lovely swim and a soak in the whirlpool while kiddo is looked after 3 decks up in the Play Zone. 

The gelataria is a nice touch. The rum and raisin was delicious. And if you prefer a Mr Whippy they’ve got the temperamental machines inside so you can enjoy a free ice cream. I’m glad they didn’t take the free stuff away when they added the paid for stuff. Sometimes I’m in the mood for a good old Mr Whippy. 

Edited by tacticalbanjo
Update
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tacticalbanjo said:

is packed. So of course they’ve decided to shut the bar at 3.30pm. No one seems to be taking much notice of the little signs saying the bar is shut because it’s so nonsensical. Edit: Now quite shut at 3.55pm despite plenty of people round the pool. Bizarre scheduling. 

The pool here is bizarrely shallow. They can’t have filled it because my 5’4” self can comfortably stand in the deep end which advertises itself as having a depth of 5’11”! Hopefully they will fill it all the way soon as trying to swim results in grounding yourself about halfway along. It was nice and warm today and I’ve enjoyed a lovely swim and a soak in the whirlpool while kiddo is looked after 3 decks up in the Play Zone. 

The gelataria is a nice touch. The rum and raisin was delicious. And if you prefer a Mr Whippy they’ve got the temperamental machines inside so you can enjoy a free ice cream. I’m glad they didn’t take the free stuff away when they added the paid for stuff. Sometimes I’m in the mood for a good old Mr Whippy. 

I love it! Why do cruise lines still make such dreadful decisions even after decades of experience. It beggars belief....

At least the ice cream is good. 😁

9 minutes ago, tacticalbanjo said:

Translation for US readers, think Dairy Queen. 

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, tacticalbanjo said:

It’s a beautiful day here, the Pavilion Poolis packed. So of course they’ve decided to shut the bar at 3.30pm. No one seems to be taking much notice of the little signs saying the bar is shut because it’s so nonsensical. Edit: Now quite shut at 3.55pm despite plenty of people round the pool. Bizarre scheduling. 

I guess they're getting it ready for the cocktail parties.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, richard_london said:

Is the rear of deck 11 not also grills I just got to where the wellness studio ia and there is a gate.  I thought it was all Grills only from there?

Has this been clarified? 

On a future voyage, I have a balcony cabin on deck 11.  Will I or won't I be able to walk to and use the rear deck on my cabin's level?

Edited by Jim9310
wording

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Jim9310 said:

Has this been clarified? 

On a future voyage, I have a balcony cabin on deck 11.  Will I or won't I be walk to go and use the rear deck on my cabin's level?

It looks like you'll have to go down to 9 and then up again. 

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 2:07 PM, LadyL1 said:

………………

Be prepared to be annoyed, there is no security to either access and back to the Grills Terrace, the view from the infinity tub…..

IMG_1197.thumb.jpeg.1291af741894d36dcfcf4665e2c8c418.jpeg

biggest bugbear though is NO terrace dining facility. 

P1230227.jpeg

On our morning walk about we discovered a delightful shaded area nestled between the two forward sun decks. This is not a Grills area….

IMG_1219.jpeg

Edited by Solent Richard
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Be prepared to be annoyed, there is no security to either access and back to the Grills Terrace, the view from the infinity tub…..

IMG_1197.thumb.jpeg.1291af741894d36dcfcf4665e2c8c418.jpeg

biggest bugbear though is NO terrace dining facility. 

P1230227.jpeg

On our morning walk about we discovered a delightful shaded area nestled between the two forward sun decks. This is not a Grills area….

IMG_1219.jpeg

Is that area near the observation deck? Trying to get orientatated.