Sun Princess Sanctuary and Premier Package

Carol28

I'm confused.  I booked my cruise before April 23, 2024. On the website it says if you book after April 23, the Premier Package is included in your booking.  However, I received an email saying we have been upgraded to the Sanctuary status (We booked an Owner's Suite) which is supposed to include the Premier package.  Yesterday, I did a chat and was told we do not have the Premier Package.  Today, I called and was told the Sanctuary status includes the Premier package and it says on our summary that we have Sanctuary status.

Do we have the Premier package? The Princess rep on the phone said yes.  Can anyone here tell me if this is true? I hope my writing isn't as confused as I am!

3 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

I'm confused.  I booked my cruise before April 23, 2024. On the website it says if you book after April 23, the Premier Package is included in your booking.  However, I received an email saying we have been upgraded to the Sanctuary status (We booked an Owner's Suite) which is supposed to include the Premier package.  Yesterday, I did a chat and was told we do not have the Premier Package.  Today, I called and was told the Sanctuary status includes the Premier package and it says on our summary that we have Sanctuary status.

Do we have the Premier package? The Princess rep on the phone said yes.  Can anyone here tell me if this is true? I hope my writing isn't as confused as I am!

I believe that individuals who have booked rooms which are listed as "Sanctuary" will be grandfathered in at no additional cost for any of the benefits, including the Premier Package.  

We have booked a Reserve Class Mini Suite for March 2025 and were told by Princess that we are now Sanctuary Mini Suite and our Plus Package has become Premier. 

1 minute ago, MudderBear said:

Sigh.....I booked for next year before the April date, but my mini suite is CA 12429, so I am assuming a CA mini suite doesn't qualify?

No, only these categories are in the Sanctuary Collection 

Category

Name prior to October 14 2024

Sanctuary Collection Name

Total Number of
Staterooms

S9

Signature Suite

Signature Suite

S4

Penthouse Suite

Vista Suite

S2

Owner’s Suite

Grand Suite

S0

Sky Suite

Sky Suite

M1

Reserve Collection Mini-Suite

Sanctuary Mini-Suite

M2

Reserve Collection Mini-Suite

Sanctuary Mini-Suite

D0

Premium Deluxe Balcony

Sanctuary Balcony

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

No, you will not get the Premier package for an existing Signature Collection suite booking.

This is in the Sanctuary Collection FAQ

What happens if I have already booked a Signature Collection suite (or any Sanctuary-eligible stateroom) on Sun or Star Princess?
Guests who as of April 23rd, 2024, have already reserved staterooms in the Sanctuary Collection eligible section of either Sun or Star Princess will receive the additional benefits outlined at no additional cost, except the Princess Premier(R) package. If your current booking does not include Premier, you may upgrade to Premier to receive all these benefits.

Edited by dides
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The below is from the Princess press release:

Sanctuary Collection staterooms on Sun Princess and Star Princess go on sale today. Guests who have booked as of April 23, 2024 already have reserved Sanctuary Collection staterooms on either ship will receive the additional amenities outlined at no additional cost, excluding the premier bundle.

• Thanks 1

Yes, that was our understanding that the premier package would only be included if booked after 4/23. We had already booked the S9 and added the premier package to our billing and if Princess were to include this I would have expected a reduction of the billing for the amount we will be paying. But since the prices have gone up so much we still feel very good about the cruise and are excited even though it is long way off. If this changes please post here so we can all be informed.

Ok, thanks all.  I'm actually going to be on the Sun in a cabana mini suite very soon on a different cruise, and that will determine whether or not I keep my room next year for Greece or just go to Alaska on a very old ship.  First world problems, right?

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

Read your Travel Summary.

Everything that you have included on your booking will be shown there.

It says Sanctuary on my cruise summary.  So, does that absolutely include the Premier package even though I booked before April 23,2024? From reading all of these responses, it sounds like my booking summary should read Sanctuary plus Premier. Otherwise, I don't get the Premier which is NOT the response I received from the Princess representative.

Edited by Carol28
more info

5 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

It says Sanctuary on my cruise summary.  So, does that absolutely include the Premier package even though I booked before April 23,2024?

No, see above where the Princess website FAQ says those who booked any of the qualifying staterooms prior to April 23 (including suites) will not have Premier added.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevenr597 said:

I believe that individuals who have booked rooms which are listed as "Sanctuary" will be grandfathered in at no additional cost for any of the benefits, including the Premier Package.  

We have booked a Reserve Class Mini Suite for March 2025 and were told by Princess that we are now Sanctuary Mini Suite and our Plus Package has become Premier. 

Not according to the official FAQ

IMG_6861.thumb.jpeg.6158268225b0d7c38fe8eaf10e65b23b.jpeg

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/sanctuary-collection

• Like 1